• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2051 WBL Season Thread

Wolfman21

The issue is the draft. There's no point in doing more than one 1 or 2 games per night when we have to wait 12 hours every couple of picks on somebody

Wolfman21

Well, between that and OU not running the league anymore. Also, nobody really gives a shit anymore. So I was 2/3 wrong

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yes we need some new blood infused into this league. We rode the Travis wave of energy but seems like a lot of disinterested owners right now.

@Orlando going to sim tonight? We could finish the playoffs if we did the old non-live sim way.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm just disinterested because it's the same 3 teams each year in the playoffs in my league and there's nothing I can do to change it so there's basically no point to play other than tanking

jdlikewhoa

I'm just disinterested because it's the same 3 teams each year in the playoffs in my league and there's nothing I can do to change it so there's basically no point to play other than tanking
You get no sympathy. You've had some good teams who have just started slow, but after a month you blow it up and trade all your goats to the same three teams you're complaining about.

jdlikewhoa

Yes we need some new blood infused into this league. We rode the Travis wave of energy but seems like a lot of disinterested owners right now.

@Orlando going to sim tonight? We could finish the playoffs if we did the old non-live sim way.
It's hard to be immersed when the commissioner up and disappears and the assistant commishes decide to remain part time commishes.

That's not a slight against anyone, especially OU because he's done the duties every night for an incredibly long time.

Wolfman21

It's hard to be immersed when the commissioner up and disappears and the assistant commishes decide to remain part time commishes.

That's not a slight against anyone, especially OU because he's done the duties every night for an incredibly long time.

Agree with this but figured if I said everyone would call me an ass

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

I'm not sure this is true. We still sim most nights.

osick87

Community Liaison
I haven't gotten back in the league since I missed a whole season when I went to wayhome, Chicago etc.

I was going thrpugh some work performance issues and a battle of low self esteem a few weeks ago so my head wasn't really into it and I'm not on Nutopia a ton now.

The end of the season I was getting more into it. I still am not on here enough to keep up 100% with the league but I will try to get a bit more into it.

I'm also gone for a week to Mexico so hopefully I don't revert.

jdlikewhoa

I'm not sure this is true. We still sim most nights.

OU drives a lot of league activity as commissioner. It's not only about simming.

Again, it wasn't a slight at anyone, nor do I think the commissioners are the only cause of dwindling immersion. Osi talked about his situation. I've been busy af at work. Travis has moved on to his new flavor of the week in trolling Maddenites and posting pictures of cats in trees wearing sweaters on Facebook. Wolfman is trying this new nice guy schtick. Fig died. Wendell is back on the wagon. Etc...

Last edited:

Wolfman21

OU drives a lot of league activity as commissioner. It's not only about simming.

Again, it wasn't a slight at anyone, nor do I think the commissioners are the only cause of dwindling immersion. Osi talked about his situation. I've been busy af at work. Travis has moved on to his new flavor of the week in trolling Maddenites. Wolfman is trying this new nice guy schtick. Fig died. Wendell is back on the wagon. Etc...

I can go back to being an asshole of it'll help the league. I've got KP gifs on standby

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You get no sympathy. You've had some good teams who have just started slow, but after a month you blow it up and trade all your goats to the same three teams you're complaining about.
Whatever, I'm mostly in the league now for ironic spacetopia posts these days. Not that I've ever been a regular simmer anyways

Wolfman21

So many chances, so much fail. Had 2 runners on with less than 2 outs in 9th and 10th and couldn't get a run in. Buffalo just better in the clutch