• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2048 WBL Season Thread (FREE AGENCY IS NOT OPEN YET)

Wolfman21

Hud and homicide are dead, lol. Their ratings tanked after their injuries this season. Good time to work some new arms in

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Why would we switch how FA/arb has gone? The new fast forward system has worked great.
It'd be the same but arb would be like 6 days after FA starts or something.

Idk i dont know how anything baseball related works. I just assume ootp is how mlb does it since it's supposed to be hyper realistic. Moving arb wouldnt be a big deal if it was possible. As far as i know it isnt tho, someone who wants a change can tell me how to do it, otherwise it will stay the same

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
It'd be the same but arb would be like 6 days after FA starts or something.

Idk i dont know how anything baseball related works. I just assume ootp is how mlb does it since it's supposed to be hyper realistic. Moving arb wouldnt be a big deal if it was possible. As far as i know it isnt tho, someone who wants a change can tell me how to do it, otherwise it will stay the same
Well the way our game deals with it, non-tender or keep and hearing happen at the same time. The way it works in real life is you have to make a decision on whether to tender a contract or not, then a month plus later they do the hearing.

It doesn't work with us because our budgets are very hard/we have holds for arbitration. The moving parts in FA would hurt teams that wanted to non-tender guys and clear that salary. Plus, you would just have the hold of the arb case instead of the actual case which again makes finances weird and you don't know the real cost of players.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
So how do I offer these guys who are up for arbitration a new contract instead of just taking the arb amount for 1 season? I got a couple of dudes I'd like to lock down for longer.

doh

So how do I offer these guys who are up for arbitration a new contract instead of just taking the arb amount for 1 season? I got a couple of dudes I'd like to lock down for longer.
"Offer extension" in their player page. It's on the top right menu for the player that says "available actions"

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Okay tell me how to do it then. Can it work the way you want it to? Or are you asking like everyone else does where you have no idea if it's even possible? I dont know how any of this works because baseball is a detestable sport, i hate it. So you're going to have to tell me what to do to set this up how you want it set up. If you're just asking if its possible im going to say no because i dont care. If you want to tell me which options to change to set it up that way we can do that

I haven't had time to test it yet.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
So when I'm at the arbitration screen, I either offer them the full value they requested (house rule?) and just leave that.... or I withdraw the offer to set them free?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So when I'm at the arbitration screen, I either offer them the full value they requested (house rule?) and just leave that.... or I withdraw the offer to set them free?
Nah, when you offer them an extension you just have the keep all years above what their recommended arb is. You will find that number on the player's contract screen.

If you're just offering arb we dont have rules for that, because if you lowball there is a great chance they'll rule in favor of the player and you'll pay a lot more

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@OU11 I'm offering these dudes contracts and arbitration. If I fuck something up and break a house rule I hope you can un-fuck it

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

It's going before an arbitration panel and you can offer them anything. The panel is deciding between your arb offer and whatever the player proposes. So basically if going the arb route you need to have it closer to what they are actually worth than the player does.

Alternatively you can offer them a contract extension that skips the whole arb process. This is common in MLB because going to a hearing and fighting over how crappy/great a player pisses the player off, lol.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Nah, when you offer them an extension you just have the keep all years above what their recommended arb is. You will find that number on the player's contract screen.

If you're just offering arb we dont have rules for that, because if you lowball there is a great chance they'll rule in favor of the player and you'll pay a lot more

Now I'm really confused... I thought the recommended arb value on the arb screen was the players arb... isn't that the most I would have to pay?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@OU11 I'm offering these dudes contracts and arbitration. If I fuck something up and break a house rule I hope you can un-fuck it
I can, and dont worry about arb. It's just the contracts that can break house rules. Offering both is fine too, if they dont take your extension you'll still keepthem because of the arb offer. If they accept your contract obviously in cancels the arb offer

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I understand the process of arbitration, player says how much he thinks he worth and I do the same and the arbitrator decides.

In the context of the game I have this arbitration screen with an offer that says "The default values reflect the estimated value and have been submitted already." So is this the number I can offer on a contract extension? Or should it be something higher and I'm just looking at the wrong thing? I do not understand the house rule and how it relates to the amount that shows up on my arb screen. If my first arbitration amount that shows up is $1.5 Million on the arbitration screen, can I offer the player a 3 year contract extension for $1.5 Million, or do I have to look up some other "player estimate?"

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I understand the process of arbitration, player says how much he thinks he worth and I do the same and the arbitrator decides.

In the context of the game I have this arbitration screen with an offer that says "The default values reflect the estimated value and have been submitted already." So is this the number I can offer on a contract extension? Or should it be something higher and I'm just looking at the wrong thing. I do not understand the house rule and how it relates to the amount that shows up on my arb screen. If my first arbitration amount that shows up is $1.5 Million on the arbitration screen, can I offer the player a 3 year contract extension for $1.5 Million, or do I have to look up some other "player estimate?"
Go to the player in question's page and hit the contract tab. Should be a number on there that is the number you have to match

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
"Arbitration Estimate"

Looks like the same # as on the arbitration screen. HMMMMM

It probably is, but that contract page number is what we go off of. I never mess with arb so I didn't know if that number they spit out is the same. Just to make sure you always comply, I'd go with the number on the contract page since that is what it will be judged on

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Well I just offered a few riggers 3 year contracts and I think I did it right... but if I dicked the dog, OU can fix it for me.

Any Recommendations on adjusting the following?

Ticket Prices: $23
Scouting Budget: $12M
Development Budget: $18M

Check List:
Contract Extensions - Done
Rookie Signings - Done
Arbitration - Done
Ticket Prices - ?
Scouting Budget - ?
Dev Budget - ?
Export - ?

Anything I'm missing?

osick87

Community Liaison
WHoa @NML had dev budget above mine.

I always max scouting. I have 13 mil in dev after @Orlando told me that anything 2x the average was likely overkill.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well I just offered a few riggers 3 year contracts and I think I did it right... but if I dicked the dog, OU can fix it for me.

Any Recommendations on adjusting the following?

Ticket Prices: $23
Scouting Budget: $12M
Development Budget: $18M

Check List:
Contract Extensions - Done
Rookie Signings - Done
Arbitration - Done
Ticket Prices - ?
Scouting Budget - ?
Dev Budget - ?
Export - ?

Anything I'm missing?

Ticket prices 23 or 25, doesn't really matter.

Scouting budget is fine, you could lower it a bit if you wanted.

Dev budget at $6M. That's what I'd do anyway. You need to save some money since your team is average. The more money you save, the more profits you'll have, the slower your budget will fall or it may even stay the same while you lose

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Well I already accidentally extended this retarded ugly pitcher named TOM UGLY ZHONG $5Million/year and he looks like shit.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The reason i say you could lower your budget is that I use OSA almost exclusively. If you want to have your scout give you valuable input you need to max that out at 12M

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Travis strutted in with roster construction strategy then sat down and tried to execute

PolancoTrip051515.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You'd still be on the books for the $5m. There is a way to reload the original file but you will have to redo all your changes. I don't know how, @Lloyd Carr does. Maybe you could persuade OU to change the deal manually but you'd have to ask him about it

doh

Travis... the computer always goes full 40-man. You can release guys who are garbage and save half a mil per player. I'd release the following dudes who are making 490k:

2B Abdejili or whatever
P Cruz
P Eaton (maybe keep him but I'd dump his ass)
SS Galante
P Garcia/Gonzalez... I would release them but maybe some would keep them
OF Hollingsworth
1B Klinge
RF Marsch
1B Milne

I'd non-tender: Putnam, Mora,

That's about $7m in savings without losing anyone of value.

The thing that really sucks if you've got 4-5 on your 40-man who are bad now and have potential to be good. The CPU is making you pay $490k/year to those dudes and use up options when they didn't need to add them to the 40-man yet.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Can I just release him now and will that unfuck it since we haven't advanced?

Download the file again.

documents>OOTPD>OOTP Baseball 16> saved_games>WBL2.lg or whatever your league folder is>settings

Delete onlinefiletime.cfg and redownload the online file again

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
You'd still be on the books for the $5m. There is a way to reload the original file but you will have to redo all your changes. I don't know how, @Lloyd Carr does. Maybe you could persuade OU to change the deal manually but you'd have to ask him about it

I have two computers with OOTP and if I really screw up I can go to the other one and just start fresh, exporting over the other exports.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I don't know what non-tender means? I had most of those dudes highlighted on my GTFO list already, so I'd love to dump them. :laughing:

The extend/arb list I got handled. How do I dump the rest of those tards?