• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2048 WBL Season Thread (FREE AGENCY IS NOT OPEN YET)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't know what non-tender means? I had most of those dudes highlighted on my GTFO list already, so I'd love to dump them. :laughing:

The extend/arb list I got handled. How do I dump the rest of those tards?

Right click, transactions, release player.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Doh has been a noted minor league free agent signer on this site for years, I'm not sure I'd trust his non-tender suggestions.
Actually I was pretty lenient. If that was my team, I'd cut even more. I don't get why so many teams keep 5-6 guys who are absolute garbage on their 40-mans.

In other news... ANYONE WANT RAUL TORRES OR HERCULES?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Doh listed players that weren't up for arb? That's what confused me

Edit: Nevermind, I see he said to release those guys.

doh

You could also decline the options on Tom Ugly, Dr. Sad and Ridha... and have ~$20m in salary obligations your first year with virtually noting in the future. I'd keep Ridha but if you really want to just start with a clean slate, get rid of his ass.

That'd be really nice clean slate to work with.

doh

More interesting at this point to look at other teams than my own. I've maxed out at 103 wins but no fun tearing it all down getting 2 3rd round picks for Alfredo Saucedo.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The only one I'm mad at @doh about is Klinge. I cut him and he actually looked like a good hitter. Then after I cut him I realzied my 24 1b playrs had been whittled down to 1 (ROUGH RIDHA). I had Klinge marked as KEEP on my BTT rating system and @Orlando confirmed my error. Oh well I already redid this shit once and I'm not doing it again.

Exported for the night!
Contract Extensions - Done
Rookie Signings - Done
Arbitration - Done
Player Release - Done
Ticket Prices - Done
Scouting Budget - Done
Dev Budget - Done
Export - Done

GOOD NIGHT SWEET PRINCES​

doh

Klinge was released by Baton Rogue (Reel). That's all you need to know about his quality.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
More interesting at this point to look at other teams than my own. I've maxed out at 103 wins but no fun tearing it all down getting 2 3rd round picks for Alfredo Saucedo.
Yea this is the worst lmao, you cant trade away established players for anything. I think I got the most out of my world series team last offseason I possibly could

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yea this is the worst lmao, you cant trade away established players for anything. I think I got the most out of my world series team last offseason I possibly could
The league is in a weird spot where too many teams are attempting to rebuild and the established teams don't have a lot of needs. 5 seasons ago people were getting good packages for established players.

doh

I was shocked at how much you got. You had a lot of premium players which I lack (most of my premium guys are about to be FAs) so I can't really get what you got or I'd trade everyone away in a second.

I keep on telling myself this is the last year I try to win because I really want to try a rebuild. I just don't think it'll be all that fun if I have nothing. I'd rather stay in the 85-90 win area, try to squeeze out all the value, flip my roster over and roll the dice in the playoffs at this point.

The league is in a weird spot where too many teams are attempting to rebuild and the established teams don't have a lot of needs. 5 seasons ago people were getting good packages for established players.
And I think throw in that we have good FAs every year now and trading away good players is not really worth it. But I do think most good teams don't have huge needs. With teams at the bottom not trying to win yet or not wanting good players to tank, the good players have to go somewhere and the talent is very skewed as of now.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
In 5-10 seasons the talent should start thinning out a bit. This is a huge talent boom we have going, it wont be like this forever

NML

Poor @Travis7401 - CPU really dicked the dog with my team. It's all pear shaped.

Dr. Sad should've been gone two years ago, he had two team options. Zhong is the same way. Garcia has been moved to a starter role which unsurprisingly resulted in his second tommy john. Mole was left on a 60 pitch count and still died :laughing: Claudio Montes got brought up like six years too early. I mean my lawd.

The team should've been set up pretty well. There is/was a lot of young talent (as evidence by the fact that the minor league teams all had good years). But they still pretty much called up anyone with any talent. I was pumping money into development and the ML salaries should've been pretty easy to drop because I tried to stay pretty light in and with team options in case I wanted to go all-in for a free agent or two. That actually still seems to be true, so ur payroll should be fairly low (and could get a lot lower if you want).

Finally:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I know you really wanted to use that pear shaped line, but the CPU wasn't really in control long enough to ruin anything other than bringing up some players too early.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Poor @Travis7401 - CPU really dicked the dog with my team. It's all pear shaped.

Dr. Sad should've been gone two years ago, he had two team options. Zhong is the same way. Garcia has been moved to a starter role which unsurprisingly resulted in his second tommy john. Mole was left on a 60 pitch count and still died :laughing: Claudio Montes got brought up like six years too early. I mean my lawd.

The team should've been set up pretty well. There is/was a lot of young talent (as evidence by the fact that the minor league teams all had good years). But they still pretty much called up anyone with any talent. I was pumping money into development and the ML salaries should've been pretty easy to drop because I tried to stay pretty light in and with team options in case I wanted to go all-in for a free agent or two. That actually still seems to be true, so ur payroll should be fairly low (and could get a lot lower if you want).

Finally:

When I first looked at the team I was pretty depressed. After a more thorough examination, I think the biggest problem was the equivalent of the CPU depth chart glitch in the NCAA series. The computer spent most of the year starting some pretty strange lineups if the game played stats are any indication. Anyway, roster management is definitely my strong suit in these type of games so I should be able to un-fuck that pretty quickly. Like you already mentioned, I have some good younger talent too.

I'm going to try a different approach to this game than most people as well, so we'll see if it pays off. For this first year I'm not going to do anything too drastic other than trying to trim obvious dead weight (which I've mostly done) and sign a couple of mediocre/sub average starters to fill the couple of major holes I have while keeping a low payroll. I'm going to use the Tebow to Jacksonville strategy of bringing in some cheap fan favorites who suck in order to boost attendance :laughing: There has just been a long trend of receding revenue that I'd like to stop before I make any major decisions about the future.

My only goals for this year are to improve on what the CPU did last season while enjoying learning the game and my team. Then next season with a year of gameplay experience under my belt, I'll have a better idea of what the roster and minor league squads need.

osick87

Community Liaison
When I first looked at the team I was pretty depressed. After a more thorough examination, I think the biggest problem was the equivalent of the CPU depth chart glitch in the NCAA series. The computer spent most of the year starting some pretty strange lineups if the game played stats are any indication. Anyway, roster management is definitely my strong suit in these type of games so I should be able to un-fuck that pretty quickly. Like you already mentioned, I have some good younger talent too.

I'm going to try a different approach to this game than most people as well, so we'll see if it pays off. For this first year I'm not going to do anything too drastic other than trying to trim obvious dead weight (which I've mostly done) and sign a couple of mediocre/sub average starters to fill the couple of major holes I have while keeping a low payroll. I'm going to use the Tebow to Jacksonville strategy of bringing in some cheap fan favorites who suck in order to boost attendance :laughing: There has just been a long trend of receding revenue that I'd like to stop before I make any major decisions about the future.

My only goals for this year are to improve on what the CPU did last season while enjoying learning the game and my team. Then next season with a year of gameplay experience under my belt, I'll have a better idea of what the roster and minor league squads need.

I credit @Wendell Gee for bringing that method to my attention.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Travis will be running the league in 5 seasons. He's going to find some moneyball tactic and run off 5 straight

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm exported I guess OU.

Can you holler when it's cutoff time? I'd like to look at a couple other non-tender candidates but it's nothing major. I don't want to hold the league up over it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm exported I guess OU.

Can you holler when it's cutoff time? I'd like to look at a couple other non-tender candidates but it's nothing major. I don't want to hold the league up over it.

At least 3:30 Karl's time. I think he's in iowa.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Getting ready for the Spacetopia Baseball League, whenever it starts. Found a template for my jerseys, study up Rene Quinton

pnats515a1.jpg

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
So clicking 20 players that I'm interested in, only a little under half will negotiate with me. Pretty much zaps any desire to play this game.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So clicking 20 players that I'm interested in, only a little under half will negotiate with me. Pretty much zaps any desire to play this game.

Did they ever get back to you in that thread? I wonder if there is something I can change that would make you look better to them

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

I've found 3 out of 8 that won't talk to you, mostly old guys. Every young'n I've clicked on will talk. You might have to overpay but you could get some good 30 and under players.

EDIT: Now I'm getting to the ones who won't, fuck. This is crazy. I mean on one hand this just puts you back in ootp 14/15 where you have to trade because there is no FA. On the other hand I get why it makes it less fun.

You really shouldn't have an issue getting talent though, if that's your concern.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I've found 3 out of 8 that won't talk to you, mostly old guys. Every young'n I've clicked on will talk. You might have to overpay but you could get some good 30 and under players.

EDIT: Now I'm getting to the ones who won't, fuck. This is crazy. I mean on one hand this just puts you back in ootp 14/15 where you have to trade because there is no FA. On the other hand I get why it makes it less fun.

You really shouldn't have an issue getting talent though, if that's your concern.

I bumped the thread tonight. They had said that they would tone back this setting but nothing yet.

It is crazy, lol. It impacts because I want options. I don't want to sign 6 FAs, but I want to be able to target my top guys at a need position. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation. For example, I need a LH bat. None will talk.

I mean sure, it puts me back at 14/15 but me (and Reel, lol) only, while everyone else seems to have normal access to the market. I had to trade (sign and trade) for Harris last year who was unsigned IN THE SEASON at a need position for me. Also even though he was plus WAR no one wanted him at the deadline. Also he doesn't want back in Dublin, even though he's a great fit for my park and did well there. LOL.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Hey, the dev replied to me. Apparently this will be fixed/toned in a patch next week.

While that's good news, too wasted free agencies for me when I need to be working angles to get more talent into my neglected Radford Pear shaped system.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I don't see anything editable that would affect Players Signing. There are 5 new mental attributes that appears to be hidden from us on the website, but none of them appears to affect FA signings?

You can move back arb if you desire though, You just go to the league events as a commisioner and switch the date. I'm guessing we'd want to vote on that and make a big fancy proposal first of course but it's doable

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I see something, it's the awful code from this indie company that's getting back from vacation.

And to think I shamed you guys for stealing from their indie pockets.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I don't even know what Yankee is talking about. F/A is broken for rebuilding teams. What does time travel have to do, have to do with it?

Wolfman21

you can have one of my third rounders if you'll stop complaining about 35 year olds not bargaining with you a month before FA is even open