• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2048 WBL Season Thread (FREE AGENCY IS NOT OPEN YET)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I bumped the thread tonight. They had said that they would tone back this setting but nothing yet.

It is crazy, lol. It impacts because I want options. I don't want to sign 6 FAs, but I want to be able to target my top guys at a need position. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation. For example, I need a LH bat. None will talk.

I mean sure, it puts me back at 14/15 but me (and Reel, lol) only, while everyone else seems to have normal access to the market. I had to trade (sign and trade) for Harris last year who was unsigned IN THE SEASON at a need position for me. Also even though he was plus WAR no one wanted him at the deadline. Also he doesn't want back in Dublin, even though he's a great fit for my park and did well there. LOL.

Nah I get it, it's completely stupid that we can't put everyone on an equal playing field. In the mean time I'll make offers for you, just PM me your targets. It won't interfere with what I want to do because as commish I don't have to comply with a budget if I don't want to. You'll just work through me, I'll send the guys over if you sign them

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Not sure why anyone is mad that I'm pointing out the game is broken. My whining at the reel forums helped get the game patched, not sure what youalls have accomplished for the betterment of the OOTP galaxy.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'll be out of town for a couple days on a fishing trip. I give OU permission to do whatever he gotta do. Also sending Osick ma'password so he can unfuck anything if necessary.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Not sure why anyone is mad that I'm pointing out the game is broken. My whining at the reel forums helped get the game patched, not sure what youalls have accomplished for the betterment of the OOTP galaxy.

It's still not enough, online leagues never really get noticed by devs though so I won't hold my breath for an option to turn it off. They make the game for single player

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah this was the first year they really put any focus into online. It would be nice if these types of things were settings even for single player though. People create all kinds of leagues with this game.

NML

Is @Reel trying to give up BR? I may be interested in coming back if I got them. School's almost out and club soccer wraps up this week, so I probably could get back into it.

I'll give you three good seasons and then quit again

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Is @Reel trying to give up BR? I may be interested in coming back if I got them. School's almost out and club soccer wraps up this week, so I probably could get back into it.

I'll give you three good seasons and then quit again
So this was you plan all along? :laughing:

If @Reel is really over it, which it seems like, then I don't have a problem with it.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Mills and I are in negotiations about the direction of this Franchise

giphy.gif

Lloyd Carr

luh dat storyline immersion of having reel buy the Crawdads and step down as GM/corch.

He'll hire Mills to be corch/GM, and then come back in a few months and decide Mills isn't doing a good enough job and fire him. Then he'll hire himself to be corch, GM, and owner.

NML

So this was you plan all along? :laughing:

If @Reel is really over it, which it seems like, then I don't have a problem with it.

No plan, but with things wrapping up, I'm about to have a lot more free time. If a team opened up, I'd be interested.

But the past few months have been crazy, there was no way I could've played or come back when we moved to 16.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
No plan, but with things wrapping up, I'm about to have a lot more free time. If a team opened up, I'd be interested.

But the past few months have been crazy, there was no way I could've played or come back when we moved to 16.
I just remember you wanting to take an expansion team and BR is basically that. Obviously I realize you didn't do this on purpose. Free time is a state of mind homie.