• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 Off-Season Thread (GET YOUR ST ROSTERS READY)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If he keeps Rapely and Stuut this year then your worry will be warranted. I still think he'd be fine but that is a really speculative guess as opposed to trading Rapely.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
And he's at 84 fan interest, I was calculating that $170M revenue with the idea that he loses $48M in payroll after this year and still making the playoffs. With his 3 aces he should be able to do that. He doesn't need $170 though, he just needs $13M over expenses which anybody can do when you're under $70M in payroll
I assumed you calculated $170M in revenue based on him making $170M in revenue :laughing:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Im a generous guy. We make a solid profit every year, and I cant do anything with my money anyway since Im not big on signing flashy/expensive FA.

So I keep my prices low so families can come to the ballpark at a relatively good price (in comparison to the rest of the league).
What families? This shit is fake yo. Don't be nice to a bunch of pretend yokels in Buffalo.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
:laughing: actually you quoted me first and in the post of mine you quoted I quoted Buffalo and was responding to Dick. Keep up.

It's like you can't multitask

I assumed you calculated $170M in revenue based on him making $170M in revenue :laughing:

Sorry was thinking profit/revenue at the same time and went with the wrong thing. I can't multitask either. Point stands that he only needs to worry a little if he keeps Rapely, unless you have some knowledge of a hidden death penalty for things like this

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If he keeps Rapely and Stuut this year then your worry will be warranted. I still think he'd be fine but that is a really speculative guess as opposed to trading Rapely.
Yeah I am really looking at worst case scenario here. If he keeps them, but his team sucks, attendance could drop and hurt him. It can take two seasons or more for attendance to bounce back. If he trades them he saves in payroll, but again the team could suck and attendance could drop. Like I said, I am excited to see how this plays out. I am pretty much on the same page that he should be ok, but it could be fun to watch if it implodes a little. Especially if Bug sucks :laughing: I hope it all works out for JD doe. I just like seeing how all this shit shakes out because we haven't seen it before.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think it really depends on what happens financially. If FB's rotation gets wiped out with TJ surgeries and the finances are a bigger deal Bug will have to be good. If he makes the playoffs and gets it down to $-20Mish then Bug can be average and it be okay.

Lloyd Carr

This off-season flew by. I cant believe its almost time for ST.

And we're still only in the 5th round of the draft. Will we finish it before the next off-season?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
This off-season flew by. I cant believe its almost time for ST.

And we're still only in the 5th round of the draft. Will we finish it before the next off-season?

I think we have 5 days to finish, the last 7 rounds usually take 15 minutes.

Lloyd Carr

Same risk as Razor IMO.

I think Razor is probably the bigger risk, just due to what OU gave up for the pick (and because I think there is more room for failure with Razor).

Bug would be the bigger upset though if he busts. I think Razor will be fine, but there is a lot of room for struggle. Bug may not live up to his OSA potential, but if he turns into a Dani Gonzales, Id be surprised.

Although I am hoping Dani gets his head out of his ass this year.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think Razor is probably the bigger risk, just due to what OU gave up for the pick (and because I think there is more room for failure with Razor).

Bug would be the bigger upset though if he busts. I think Razor will be fine, but there is a lot of room for struggle. Bug may not live up to his OSA potential, but if he turns into a Dani Gonzales, Id be surprised.

Although I am hoping Dani gets his head out of his ass this year.

I agree that OU gave up more since players >>>>> money everytime. I see the exact same bust risk though. If Bug busts, he'd be a hell of a lot worse than Dani Gonzales.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Razor is probably the biggest risk I've ever taken. He will also be the biggest reward I'll have ever received from a gamble though if OSA is right.

I see bug as a minor risk given my propensity to gamble, it is a bet on not having a bunch of injuries this year. Plus even if my scout is right and OSA isn't, Bug is an every day DH.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If my scout is right, Bug at his BEST is Vis (the Istanbul version) with an average at best glove at 2B. Ignore what was paid for both Razor and Bug and Razor is the safer bet to me. At least he will be a good defender.

Lloyd Carr

I dont have OOTP in front of me and I cant see him on the website, but I thought Bug had the skillset required to be a decent infielder.

Ill have to check in the morning though.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He is 17, so things can improve I guess, but 55-50-55-45 is what I got. That's pretty average.

Lloyd Carr

He is 17, so things can improve I guess, but 55-50-55-45 is what I got. That's pretty average.

I think that will improve, especially given his intangibles. Ive seen guys get boosts in their defensive abilities, so with his very high intelligence and work ethic, I think he's got the right stuff to see improvement.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
IF ratings rarely improve, which kind of sucks. They do sometimes with the young guys though, maybe he'll pop somewhere. He's a 1B/DH IMO. I think Quale's scout is about how mine is on Razor. I had 40% dumped into international scouting and John thought Bug was only slightly worse than OSA. I had like 4% in amateur scouting and he thought Razor was the next perennial AA all star.

Side note, I looked at that guy you keep saying is better than Bug @Orlando. That is pretty much the prototypical guy I look for with the rating matches we've talked about. He gon' be good and I don't think that contact will stay where it is now.

Lloyd Carr

IF ratings rarely improve, which kind of sucks. They do sometimes with the young guys though, maybe he'll pop somewhere.

Dont quote me, as I might be mistaken, but I think I saw Besim Inonu get some IF rating boosts this year in A-ball.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
what should I use?

Imgur, your photobucket lanks are always broke. Just make an account on imgur and there is a big upload button at the top center. Super easy to use and I think there is unlimited space.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Dont quote me, as I might be mistaken, but I think I saw Besim Inonu get some IF rating boosts this year in A-ball.

Young guys can do that, we'll see. Unless they changed it in 15 I thought it was pretty rare.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yea, I saw you offered them so I just threw a couple million on top to make sure I got em. I really wanted basket case from the beginning...alost more than bug
As did I. Nice pick ups. I got one of the other pitchers I wanted though, so I am happy with him and Cupit.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
IF ratings rarely improve, which kind of sucks. They do sometimes with the young guys though, maybe he'll pop somewhere. He's a 1B/DH IMO. I think Quale's scout is about how mine is on Razor. I had 40% dumped into international scouting and John thought Bug was only slightly worse than OSA. I had like 4% in amateur scouting and he thought Razor was the next perennial AA all star.

Side note, I looked at that guy you keep saying is better than Bug @Orlando. That is pretty much the prototypical guy I look for with the rating matches we've talked about. He gon' be good and I don't think that contact will stay where it is now.
I have the most in international as well. Pretty sure all our scouts are tards. Improved IF ratings are pretty rare, but I think OSA was a little more kind. He could jump to there. He isnt going to hit 65+ anywhere though.

Word on Cupit. I think I got him at a steal at $5M, especially when Kodak went for $15M LAWD. We have talked about it before and I target similar players when I can. I really like the kid and I am hoping he can learn to play some 1B/3B as well. If not he will be a solid corner OF.

Wolfman21

I have the most in international as well. Pretty sure all our scouts are tards. Improved IF ratings are pretty rare, but I think OSA was a little more kind. He could jump to there. He isnt going to hit 65+ anywhere though.

Word on Cupit. I think I got him at a steal at $5M, especially when Kodak went for $15M LAWD. We have talked about it before and I target similar players when I can. I really like the kid and I am hoping he can learn to play some 1B/3B as well. If not he will be a solid corner OF.

Am looking to get Kodak some time at 1B and 3B as well. You did get a steal with cupit at 5.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Offered more to Hernandez than he took. Guess my export was fucked. Sweet.

jdlikewhoa

I was so focused on bug I could've cut my bid for him by $10-15m and still picked up a few other guys. Too much tunnel vision on my part and I haven't checked the game other than Bug

Wolfman21

I was so focused on bug I could've cut my bid for him by $10-15m and still picked up a few other guys. Too much tunnel vision on my part and I haven't checked the game other than Bug

hindsight is 20-20. You could have done that, but you would have risked your ass with me and Lloyd. Ends up we didn't bid on him, so you overpaid. But we could have bid on him and you couldnt have gotten him. Its a risk Lloyd and I didn't want to take...overpaying him that is.