• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 Off-Season Thread (GET YOUR ST ROSTERS READY)

Lloyd Carr

I'm not getting out of bed to download the file, so someones gotta fill me in on who got him and for how much.

Lloyd Carr

Yeah, I figured out the math. Really just needed to know who got him.

I bailed at $39M, and I am glad I did. Aint nobody got $116M to blow on one guy.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, I figured out the math. Really just needed to know who got him.

I bailed at $39M, and I am glad I did. Aint nobody got $116M to blow on one guy.

False Bay does :laughing:

If he trades Rapely he is projected at a -$13M balance at the end of the year which is nothing when you make the playoffs every year. His budget will go down a tiny bit, which isn't a thing to him since he is projected sub $50M in payroll. He is completely fine. He can afford to trade Rapely due to Rapely being the 4th SP in the rotation. Barely miss him at all.

Gooksta

Do ur math. $116 = $60M+$56M

False Bay got him
1191763_o.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Hell he could take a slightly bigger hit in budget, keep Rapely, and still have a positive balance after next year.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Im glad it went that high, for science.

Yeah I mean I've never seen anything like this, the AI would never go this high so I'm not 100% positive on how this will go. From what I understand about how budgets being determined and False Bay's situation, he's fine though.

The fun part will be seeing if Bug ends up being a great bat.

Gooksta

Yeah I mean I've never seen anything like this, the AI would never go this high so I'm not 100% positive on how this will go. From what I understand about how budgets being determined and False Bay's situation, he's fine though.

he cant trade him.. nothing he gets back will make up that money

Lloyd Carr

Yeah, its essentially funny money if I understand OOTP financials.

Since I didnt get bug, Ive got tens of thousands of dollars in FA money I wont use this year. Same as last year and the year before that and the year before that.

Use it or lose it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The only way to make it mean something is to let guys keep the cash they make, but then we end up with the rich bidding $120M on international players.

Lloyd Carr

The only way to make it mean something is to let guys keep the cash they make, but then we end up with the rich bidding $120M on international players.

I wish I could turn my OOTP dollars into real life dollars. I always have so much excess left; I wish I could at least benefit from it somehow.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

I think he will be in a little more trouble than you let on and my scout thinks he is going to be above average (3.5*), but nowhere near OSA. I am happy I bailed since I got the better prospect for about 1/9 the cost.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah, its essentially funny money if I understand OOTP financials.

Since I didnt get bug, Ive got tens of thousands of dollars in FA money I wont use this year. Same as last year and the year before that and the year before that.

Use it or lose it.
This isnt entirely true because the more profit you make the faster your budget climbs. Once you actually have a good team, this will be helpful.

Lloyd Carr

I made a decent profit last year, made the playoffs, and my budget went down $4M.

How does OOTP financials work?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think he will be in a little more trouble than you let on and my scout thinks he is going to be above average (3.5*), but nowhere near OSA. I am happy I bailed since I got the better prospect for about 1/9 the cost.

I don't know how bug will be, I'm just speculating on the money situation. I don't think a loss of $23M with $10M in reserves will do much to a team that has $47M on the books for next year. His budget is $152M, worst case scenario he goes to $100M (I'd bet all my players on that not happening but it is a possibility so let's run with it), he still has a playoff team that will make $170M in revenue. Budget goes back up after making obscene amounts of money with the low payroll and he doesn't miss a beat.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
This isnt entirely true because the more profit you make the faster your budget climbs. Once you actually have a good team, this will be helpful.

His budget is already up there though, he doesn't need to build it any higher for next year.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I don't know how bug will be, I'm just speculating on the money situation. I don't think a loss of $23M with $10M in reserves will do much to a team that has $47M on the books for next year. His budget is $152M, worst case scenario he goes to $100M (I'd bet all my players on that not happening but it is a possibility so let's run with it), he still has a playoff team that will make $170M in revenue. Budget goes back up after making obscene amounts of money with the low payroll and he doesn't miss a beat.
If he trades all his popular players away attendance can drop, winning be damned. That could kill his revenue. I am definitely excited to see how it plays out. Also knowing JD he will throw $30m a year at some average free agent next year.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If he trades all his popular players away attendance can drop, winning be damned. That could kill his revenue. I am definitely excited to see how it plays out. Also knowing JD he will throw $30m a year at some average free agent next year.

He only needs to trade away one player, and then his payroll is down to $24M next year allowing him to sign the guys leaving if he wants or replace them. I know where you're coming from, but JD's team doesn't fit the normal mold. His situation allows for this ridiculousness fairly easily unless OOTP has some built in "player expenses over $170M means budget death" type thing. Even if his budget was knocked to $70M he could still make up that deficit without Rapely. I just don't see a way it hurts him.

I'll definitely eat my crow if it does though

Lloyd Carr

You should be at $25. Do you just charge low prices for fun? :laughing:

Im a generous guy. We make a solid profit every year, and I cant do anything with my money anyway since Im not big on signing flashy/expensive FA.

So I keep my prices low so families can come to the ballpark at a relatively good price (in comparison to the rest of the league).

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Wolfman21 I really wanted Javier and Hampshire. Nice job signing those two. I thought I would get one more shot at a counter.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Im a generous guy. We make a solid profit every year, and I cant do anything with my money anyway since Im not big on signing flashy/expensive FA.

So I keep my prices low so families can come to the ballpark at a relatively good price (in comparison to the rest of the league).

Well you can do something with that money since it gets thrown back into your budget.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He only needs to trade away one player, and then his payroll is down to $24M next year allowing him to sign the guys leaving if he wants or replace them. I know where you're coming from, but JD's team doesn't fit the normal mold. His situation allows for this ridiculousness fairly easily unless OOTP has some built in "player expenses over $170M means budget death" type thing. Even if his budget was knocked to $70M he could still make up that deficit without Rapely. I just don't see a way it hurts him.

I'll definitely eat my crow if it does though
He already traded away many popular players though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He already traded away many popular players though.

And he's at 84 fan interest, I was calculating that $170M revenue with the idea that he loses $48M in payroll after this year and still making the playoffs. With his 3 aces he should be able to do that. He doesn't need $170 though, he just needs $13M over expenses which anybody can do when you're under $70M in payroll