• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 Off-Season Thread (GET YOUR ST ROSTERS READY)

Lloyd Carr

Haha, Tapley out a week after hurting his elbow from falling out of bed from having a nightmare.

OOTP is a funny game.

Wolfman21

Well, here goes Kabul:

pushing-all-in-300x218.jpg

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Haha, Tapley out a week after hurting his elbow from falling out of bed from having a nightmare.

OOTP is a funny game.

Leach had an amazing catcher break his leg doing that, and it ruined his career. That's why I made the rule for off the field injuries not going longer than 2 weeks.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I haven't really been paying attention, but is catcher that deep that nobody needed Potts as a starter?

osick87

Community Liaison
I'm pretty sure the reason he's not tanking is because he doesn't have his first.

Gooksta

He can still save it, I just thought his moves were laid out to tank for two years but gooksta just can't tank
They were.. but FA has to many good pieces out there..my wannabe billy beane is bursting @ the seams

osick87

Community Liaison
I had the same urge but then I remembered how many early draft picks I have and figured it's likely for the best not to burn a bunch on FA.

NML

I'd be willing to move three of my four aces

Infante
Dr. Sad
Big Stick Kim

Since no one else is tanking, I guess I should.

I still think I could be decent with that rotation, but I just have nothing offensively and if I could get good hauls for these three, I could be set well to compete in 2-3 years.

NML

I think what he means is that he's wondering if there's a chart that specifies what slot is for each pick.

I'm guessing it varies though. The first overall pick 'slot' in 2014 would be less than in 2044.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If Nico at 31 making 15M is worth the 17th pick, those guys are worth 3rd rounders

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Does anybody know where I can find slot allotments?

@OU11 or @Orlando would have to open up the league financial setup page to tell us for sure. Slot baseline is said to be equivalent to the "Below Average Quality Player Typical Salary." Which seems to be 2x or 3x the minimum salary, which for us is 490K, so I'd say it would slot would be about 1.0M to 1.5M.

Slot scales to the pick though, so a high 1st rounder might have a 3.0M slot and a 10th rounder might have a 100K slot.

NML

Would be interested in why nml thinks he's gonna set himself up for the future by trading 3 over the hill, expensive, pitchers.

Infante posted a 3.1 ERA and is making $10m. Maybe it's because I'm in JV but that's still a deal. Dr Sad and Kim will both be below 3.5's this year so they're worth something.

I would've never given Nico away for the 17th pick, so that logic doesn't hold. Really, only OU would've made that deal.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Infante posted a 3.1 ERA and is making $10m. Maybe it's because I'm in JV but that's still a deal. Dr Sad and Kim will both be below 3.5's this year so they're worth something.

I would've never given Nico away for the 17th pick, so that logic doesn't hold. Really, only OU would've made that deal.

It does hold since that is all anyone would give for him, so you'll probably hold on to all three. Markets change though, maybe SP is more in demand than it was last season

osick87

Community Liaison
@OU11 or @Orlando would have to open up the league financial setup page to tell us for sure. Slot baseline is said to be equivalent to the "Below Average Quality Player Typical Salary." Which seems to be 2x or 3x the minimum salary, which for us is 490K, so I'd say it would slot would be about 1.0M to 1.5M.

Slot scales to the pick though, so a high 1st rounder might have a 3.0M slot and a 10th rounder might have a 100K slot.

I'm aware of how it works. I just want dollar figures so I can see how much or if I will have to dip into my FA budget

NML

I mean I got like six picks (including a second and multiple thirds) for Clinch who was making $19m and was under contract for a third of a season :laughing: I think Karl resigned him doe.

I probably will end up keeping them all though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'll have to look again then. I just glanced reel quick this morning

if you hit the contract tab there should be a spot near the bottom where is says arb estimate or contract estimate or something like that. We base it off that

All of your guys have arb estimates though, which one are you tom bout?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@Wendell Gee @osick87

Financial info you wanted
Poor = 750k
Fair = 1M

However there is a separate modifier which is labeled slot bonus baseline and that is $1.5M. I'm not exactly sure how it is determined what slot will be at another position. From the forums

"Per the manual:

Used to determine the slot bonus recommendations for draft picks, when Advanced Draftee Signing is enabled. The Slot Bonus for the #1 pick in the draft is usually around three times the baseline."