• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2044 Off-Season Thread (GET YOUR ST ROSTERS READY)

Gooksta

Lol that's not at all what I meant. Hindsight can be applied to any trade. It's not the right way to evaluate value at that time. The unique situation of your team also makes you prone to just throwing players away.
He has so much organizational depth that he can do it..

osick87

Community Liaison
Well in the end I look like a genius for trying to get Robles when everyone said it was the most ridiculous trade ever, that makes me happy enough.

It's still a dumb trade since you said that you value a late 1st more than Nico. So not only were you giving up Nico, something more valuable than Nico something you value a lot and another player for a cheap average pitcher.

EDIT:
He has so much organizational depth that he can do it..

I called OU11 the NFL to Lando because he's in "Too big to fail" mode. He can afford to do stupid shit for the time being because it likely won't hurt him.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's still a dumb trade since you said that you value a late 1st more than Nico. So not only were you giving up Nico, something more valuable than Nico and another player for a cheap average pitcher.

Wat.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well in the end I look like a genius for trying to get Robles when everyone said it was the most ridiculous trade ever, that makes me happy enough.
My point is that can be applied to any trade. At the time we didn't know how Nico would perform this year or next and we didn't know what the draft class looked like. Using hindsight to evaluate the trade is fine, but not to asses value at the time. Robles is garbage though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
My point is that can be applied to any trade. At the time we didn't know how Nico would perform this year or next and we didn't know what the draft class looked like. Using hindsight to evaluate the trade is fine, but not to asses value at the time. Robles is garbage though.

Draft class was out, I knew 17 would be garbage. Robles is 10x better than a 2nd (knew that was Fabian's ceiling) and a 17th (what I got for Nico). It was just a very astute move by me that was shut down and mocked, luh dat hindsight.

Lloyd Carr

Garbage. That 1.93 ERA over 14 innings in the playoffs disgusts me.

Robles is on the block.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Draft class was out, I knew 17 would be garbage. Robles is 10x better than a 2nd (knew that was Fabian's ceiling) and a 17th (what I got for Nico). It was just a very astute move by me that was shut down and mocked, luh dat hindsight.
It was anything but astute. Ass toot.

Lloyd Carr

Key West plays against Buffalo and False Bay to end the year. Let's hope for the week sweep to lock in that 1-1.

osick87

Community Liaison
@Orlando talked me through the budget shit (I never looked because I never really needed to) and @OU11 can you giving me those picks?

Lloyd Carr

I have high hopes for Buffalo this year.

I've had high hopes the past two season and have been let down both years (things started to come around the 2nd half of 2043 though). I feel this is Buffalo's breakout year, though, where they play consistently the whole year. I think we're looking at 85-95 wins.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I have high hopes for Buffalo this year.

I've had high hopes the past two season and have been let down both years (things started to come around the 2nd half of 2043 though). I feel this is Buffalo's breakout year, though, where they play consistently the whole year. I think we're looking at 85-95 wins.
I'm just trolling. I have been high on your team the last couple years. Don't think you can get past JD quite yet though.

Lloyd Carr

I'm just trolling. I have been high on your team the last couple years. Don't think you can get past JD quite yet though.

His rotation terrifies me.

Usually if you get past the Ace of a rotation you can breathe a sigh of relief. Not the case in False Bay. There isn't really a decline in ability between the four main FB pitchers, so it's like going to war every game. There isn't any time to catch your breath.

Unless he has to use his bullpen. Then there's hope.

osick87

Community Liaison
My bullpen will have a 13.26 ERA. The south is wide open

I have a few cheap, risky FAs I had in mind for RPs if you want to learn them. Consider it my fleece reparations.

Ask doh or Orlando, I'm willing to help out with FA ideas.

I don't think any of the guys I told them about did too well so take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
Is there a total pitches per AB stat (for pitcher and hitter) or am I going to have to do basic math outside the game.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Saw the last post of the finalized trade thread as @Reel and got excited. Then saw the other trade + over 100 new posts in this thread and lost all excitement.

I think it's a fair trade. Shedding salary is hard as hell in this league. If I were JD, I would've waited out the year a while and then traded them for some value (Gooksta got value from me for Fahd and he's worse than Garcia and more expensive.). But shedding that money before the year is worth it to help with future payroll and making moves during the off-season. Artac seems to be on the verge of becoming a bad SP in the league too and at $12m that's a ton of money. I don't think the draft picks are worth much except the '45 2nd.

If you have the budget room and with only $10m in cash being brought over, I think it's wise of osick to spend it. And I think he could get a nice return on Garcia if he flips him.

I don't see anything wrong with the deal. bin Haddad deal was different IMO.