• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2043 Off Season Thread

Lloyd Carr

McVay's estimate (on his page) was 1.3mil and on the arbitration page 1.4mil.
Aguilar's estimate was 2.99mil on both his page and the arbitration page.

I got tired of trying to finagle a way to get them for cheap, so I just went with 1.5 for four years for McVay (he wouldn't take 80% for 3-5 years, so I just gave him 1.5 and called it a day) and 3.5/3.5/2.5/2 for Aguilar. McVay is getting fucked given how good he is, but that's his problem.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Sally and Wong both on their last years, and I have 5m to spend on extensions

Someone take Colomo pls

May let Wong walk, but not Sally. But I need like, 16m to extend him, and convienently that is how much Colomo will make.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Sally and Wong both on their last years, and I have 5m to spend on extensions

Someone take Colomo pls

May let Wong walk, but not Sally. But I need like, 16m to extend him, and convienently that is how much Colomo will make.
You'll have more when your budget goes up.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It's a big risk though. I mean I can slash my scouting budget beforehand I suppose, but iirc I can't slash them before he'd become a FA next year so I'd have to do it this offseason.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yankee are you giving all those guys their arb estimates? That's 16M right there

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm cutting Duarte and some of the others. Still torn if I should keep Teggy for one more year but he'll probably be gone next year so I guess that's some more money.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well if you can't get someone to take Columo I'll take him. Not gonna pay you for him though

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Give him to me, I'll give you whatever picks I have left after the 2nd.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Or not, I'm fine with either. If you want another starter and want Kahl you can have him.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'd like to move up in the draft, will package the 1-17 with a prospect. Prospect depends on how high the pick is.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Top half of the 3rd is my break even point in any trade involving only picks. I can find value there but after that it gets much harder. So a top half 3rd rounder is the least I'll accept for Fabian, if someone offers a prospect I'd probably be more willing to deal though as long as the prospect is interesting.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Anyone have suggestions on what I should focus on this offseason with Moscow?

Ur set for the next 2-3 years, at least looking at the ML roster. Your studs are all 26 or under it seems. The puzzle pieces to complete the whole picture are starting to fade/age.
The payroll shed 33M according to finances screen from 123M to 90M.
Set the team to 'Win Now' in order to have the most of the cash avail (Win = 5M, Neu = 7M, Reb. = 9M I think).
Trim your minor league fat. :laughing: So many guys in AAA.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The win now deal is over, budgets were already released. I'm pretty sure moscow is win now anyway.

Yeah basically your core is set, just need to replace some older role players. Id say upgrading pitching is somewhere to focus as well.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yankee if you want to cancel and make a deal where you get something in return im fine with that

NML

Wouldn't mind moving Ed Sims, 1B - started hot for me, but fell off towards the end of the season. Only moving him if I get his replacement at first one way or another, which I'm trying to do. Still on his minimum and hasn't hit his peak yet. Should be a good DH against RHP or even at first.

Wolfman21

Wouldn't mind moving Ed Sims, 1B - started hot for me, but fell off towards the end of the season. Only moving him if I get his replacement at first one way or another, which I'm trying to do. Still on his minimum and hasn't hit his peak yet. Should be a good DH against RHP or even at first.

On that same note, Yoshino Kichida is available on my squad. A very capable bat vs RH.

Last edited:

jdlikewhoa

Anyone have suggestions on what I should focus on this offseason with Moscow?
Wendell is back! Lawd!

nets-fan.gif

Bring Marrero home!