• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2043 Off Season Thread

Lloyd Carr

I am going to bed. Yankee has until I check utopia in the morning to accept the future 5th deal.

If he doesnt, Ragalla will be a Terrorist/Bull in 2043.

Wolfman21

Yaseen Bin Jameel could be had for cheap. I know his average doesn't look great...but he'll draw walks, can play any position in the infield at an above average level and does hit for some power (12 homers, 16 doubles/triples in 100 games). Calling Geeves up more than likely next year, so my need for Jameel goes down a bit.

Wolfman21

Also, Yoshino Kichida could be had. Left handed first baseman...hits righties well, lefties not so much.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Wolfman21 bin Jameel is so bad haha. Eff that guy. Happy you are bringing Greeves up. He ready. Love seeing guys come up quickly.

Wolfman21

he might be bad for you guys, but he was above average for a middle infielder on this team since i've owned them. He is/was better than Hugh Nelson and Steve Paul and hes making a couple million less than I would have paid them.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's already in the finalized trade thread. That's locked until you guys can actually trade btw, nothing can be done until after the world series.

Lloyd Carr

I accepted fool
<3

sorry @fignuts @Wolfman21

Ragalla still isnt a bad pitcher, he is just a giant sack of shit. Id rather him be in the North, as there will be less opportunities for me to face him. Although, if he sucks, I probably should have sent him to Kabul for that 5-1 and so I could pound his ass (ragalla's) more often.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
At least he specified who he was going to pound. Would've been way too vague without the parentheses

Lloyd Carr

At least he specified who he was going to pound. Would've been way too vague without the parentheses

Well, I originally didnt put it in there, but then I thought it could get construed to mean Wolfman so I added it.

Although either one works. Id enjoy sticking it to Ragalla and Wolfman. At the same time.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well, I originally didnt put it in there, but then I thought it could get construed to mean Wolfman so I added it.

Although either one works. Id enjoy sticking it to Ragalla and Wolfman. At the same time.

Leach will need to get you 3 some keys

osick87

Community Liaison
You messed up big time on that front by trading for Columo. You were in line for an 8M bump until that happened.
shawn_thornton_laughing_GIF_medium.gif

I feel bad about Colomo but man Millen is sweet.
I had some good trades this year. Hernandez basically poison pilled @NML and Moritz will be battling for a the 3B spot with Smith and Creepy Plummer (All 60+ defence). Haroun Al Rachid bin Azhar is worth the 5th rounder if he can get guys to hit it into the ground for as long as I have him.

@Wolfman21 bin Jameel is so bad haha. Eff that guy. Happy you are bringing Greeves up. He ready. Love seeing guys come up quickly.

You told me to sit on Cabfare this year. You hungry hungry Hypocrite.

Turns out someone wanted him though

I would have taken him but I think it's time to try some of the young guys out.

Wolfman21

<3

sorry @fignuts @Wolfman21

Ragalla still isnt a bad pitcher, he is just a giant sack of shit. Id rather him be in the North, as there will be less opportunities for me to face him. Although, if he sucks, I probably should have sent him to Kabul for that 5-1 and so I could pound his ass (ragalla's) more often.

All good. I just need some "decent" pitchers for the next season or two until my guys in AAA and AA get their control issues in order and progress enough for the big leagues..

osick87

Community Liaison
I forgot to add the trade for Weaver stabilizing my 1B defence enough that my IF basically fielded every grounder and my 1B caught it.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Reel e wish there was an amnesty for contracts signed prior to 2038/takeover of a club. Ekstrom hasn't pitched for close to 2 season in Cairo. He is due 12M in 2043. What was once the number 3 best pitcher (according to website/OSA) is now minor league filler.

osick87

Community Liaison
I basically ate Borst's contract this year and cut him so I could get somebody worth a shit on the roster. He was ganking pitchers until I took over.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Reel e wish there was an amnesty for contracts signed prior to 2038/takeover of a club. Ekstrom hasn't pitched for close to 2 season in Cairo. He is due 12M in 2043. What was once the number 3 best pitcher (according to website/OSA) is now minor league filler.
We have all had to deal with it. Part of being a good GM is dealing with the mess the old one left behind.

osick87

Community Liaison
I meant college players in the draft. Not some 18 year old.

He's 19. He can legally drink in Canada now. That will be my barometer for future prodigy call ups.

I do enjoy I have a 19 and 22 yr old on my WBL team and @Yankee151 has a 31 yr old catcher in A ball

NML

Just went through and set up my plan for next season. Got a few FA targets, but it'll be a mostly young team, heavy on defense and pitching.

My system has been restocked (and will be moreso after this draft as I have five picks in the first 2.5 rounds), but most are still a couple years away.

Don't want to lose my budget advantage (although it will go down this year) so I can't go full rebuild. Need to stay competitive.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Also Fabian can go, he's going to get mad next year if he isn't the closer.

Lloyd Carr

I know you probably want too much, but what is the going rate for Nico?

I half want him and half don't. I'd rather not win a ship with OU's sloppy seconds.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The rate is whatever the best offer is. You can offer me a 15th and you will be put in the lead until someone bests it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
15th is out now, no picks below 3rd round. LC is still in the lead since his 2nd is higher than gook's

Lloyd Carr

I am looking to move Jake Carney (RP- WBL) this off-season. He is eligible for arbitration this year, so I am going to go ahead and re-sign him. If I extend his contract for a few years, rather than just do straight arbitration for this year, I will eat his salary this year for whoever wants him. Any year after that, the salary is on you (although it won't be too bad, as his arb. rate is $2.2 mil).

If no one is interested, I'll just keep him and use him next year. But in case anyone needs BP help, let me know.