• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2041 WBL Season Thread

Lloyd Carr

I've already gone ahead and done a lot of offseason stuff (releasing guys I don't plan on retaining). Should I have waited for the playoffs to have ended before making those changes? I just noticed the player payroll is a lot less than what it was, so I am assuming that will influence how much money my owner gives me for 2043. So that kind of sucks if I screwed that all up.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Let's get this series to 7, my projected budget has gone up 4M since the playoffs started. Nice little $2M purse in the first two games

Wolfman21

I don't really realize how good Amsterdam's lineup is until I see it in this live sim way. Alonzo, Salazar, Ruiz, Ammar, Seguin...i mean come on

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I don't really realize how good Amsterdam's lineup is until I see it in this live sim way. Alonzo, Salazar, Ruiz, Ammar, Seguin...i mean come on

Seguin is alright, nothing special. The rest are great tho, except Ruiz against lefties

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Lol at that sequence. guys behind Faz were held up by his slow ass so they couldn't get around the bases

Gooksta

have Clinch and Keyworth holding Key Wests hopes.. they are more than capable.. Key West is ready to rock

Last edited:

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I've already gone ahead and done a lot of offseason stuff (releasing guys I don't plan on retaining). Should I have waited for the playoffs to have ended before making those changes? I just noticed the player payroll is a lot less than what it was, so I am assuming that will influence how much money my owner gives me for 2043. So that kind of sucks if I screwed that all up.
Did you release anyone who wasn't a minimum guy?

Also the Perez guy you released looks like he could've made a solid RP.

Lloyd Carr

Did you release anyone who wasn't a minimum guy?

Also the Perez guy you released looks like he could've made a solid RP.

I released a few guys whose contracts were up, who were past minimum/arbitration.

And I tried Dizzy at RP, but he gave up a lot of ER even as an RP. Decided to just cut ties with him.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I have to release a few minimum guys coming up but they are playing in the series due to injuries at the moment. After it is over they will be taken care of.

I know you south peasants are rooting for KW to win, but if they do it will drastically alter my off-season plans and I pray for your simulation teams next year. There will be no weakness if KW wins. We will win 130 games

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I have released everyone I didn't want to keep around before the season officially ended in the past. The payroll number dropping means nothing because the expense is already accounted for.

Lloyd Carr

Nah, everyone was a going to be a FA that I had no interest in bringing back.

Holden, Oort, Sanchez. Those kind of guys.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Then you're learning faster than i did. Took me 7 years to figure out i needed to release my minimum guys

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If youre old and you suck, Ill just use someone who is young and sucks. Maybe the young guy will get better.

This is my new motto for minors. My teams will do worse but there won't be 33 year olds blocking young crappy players anymore. Some of the young guys are only 5/10 points away in a category from being decent backups. I need a new Zas at some point.