• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2041 WBL Season Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
@doh, I don't think that slot baseline does what you think it does. That is just the average slot bonus, this year I only received 5.25M for the first year draft and I'm not sure what controls that.
Hmm I have $7.5m with just two picks / I certainly didn't get credit for being way under the $7.5m last year.

Damn it.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Interesting: looked at one player to extend and I got a "I'm not interested in extending I want to test FA" answer.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Interesting: looked at one player to extend and I got a "I'm not interested in extending I want to test FA" answer.

Really? Well that might make comp picks more of an option then. 15 pulling out new tricks from the bag

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Glad to finally dump all the 490k contract weight that I had with random good fielders. Got about 38m to spend, and I need a #5. Give me all the FA SPs

Lloyd Carr

Anyone interested in uploading tonights sim to a dropbox file?

And then telling me how to use it.

I dont want to export with the change I made.

Gooksta

Helsinborg Hammers send

WBL - SP - G Keyworth

Key West Sends

2043 first
2044 first

AA - C - Pei Wong

XWcnoLH.gif
LMAO!! that seriously made me spit my drink.. but getting back to ship made it worth it. I still have a chance to win in the next few years.

Lloyd Carr

If I've offered an extension, rather than arbitration, do I need to withdrawal the arbitration offering? Or just let it ride?

Lloyd Carr

I'm turrible at contracts.

I try to gauge what to offer based on players of similar age/production, but I still find myself questioning if I'm giving up too much. Buffalo has a ton of money, so it's not something I'd lose sleep over, but it's tough to find the balance.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm turrible at contracts.

I try to gauge what to offer based on players of similar age/production, but I still find myself questioning if I'm giving up too much. Buffalo has a ton of money, so it's not something I'd lose sleep over, but it's tough to find the balance.

Well there is a house rule on arb contracts that you have to offer 80% of what his estimate is, but other than that do what you think is best. I always offer that to start unless their demand is super high. Alonzo and Dinosaur were both guys that wanted a lot more than their estimate so I had to pony up

Lloyd Carr

Yeah, the guy I am talking about had an estimate at 3mil, but when I went to offer him a contract he was looking at like ~4.5mil for a 1 year.

I figured I could try that 3mil arbitration and see what happened, or offer an extension to get him locked down for a few more years at a more reasonable price on longer term basis. Decided to go with a 4-year 4/4/4/4 (Team Option) route, but I don't know if that was the best option or not. At least this way he'll be in his late 20's before he's asking for the bigger $$, but I don't know if I could have gotten him a little cheaper on the short term and tried to parlay that into a medium sized contract for a longer term.

We'll see.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That's probably fine, you're losing next year but if he keeps performing his estimate will shoot over 4, and if he doesn't then you'd be out money regardless

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, the guy I am talking about had an estimate at 3mil, but when I went to offer him a contract he was looking at like ~4.5mil for a 1 year.

I figured I could try that 3mil arbitration and see what happened, or offer an extension to get him locked down for a few more years at a more reasonable price on longer term basis. Decided to go with a 4-year 4/4/4/4 (Team Option) route, but I don't know if that was the best option or not. At least this way he'll be in his late 20's before he's asking for the bigger $$, but I don't know if I could have gotten him a little cheaper on the short term and tried to parlay that into a medium sized contract for a longer term.

We'll see.

Anytime they ask for a 1 year $X deal they will sign for much less than that across 4 years. That's why we made the 80% rule to start. You could have got him at 2.4 or whatever it would have been.

Lloyd Carr

That's probably fine, you're losing next year but if he keeps performing his estimate will shoot over 4, and if he doesn't then you'd be out money regardless

Yeah that was my thought process too. I am putting a lot of stock into him performing long term, as he'll be quite valuable to the team if he does. So if he plays like he did this year (or better) over the next four years, I think I'll be happy I locked him down for this contract now than going for the arbitration route and seeing him ask for 6-8mil next year.

Lloyd Carr

Anytime they ask for a 1 year $X deal they will sign for much less than that across 4 years. That's why we made the 80% rule to start. You could have got him at 2.4 or whatever it would have been.

That's good to know going forward. It isn't the biggest deal in the world to me now, because Buffalo has money coming out of its ass right now.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I must have been super drunk when I signed Mark Martinez. I signed him to a 1.5M per year contract with two team options. Buy outs were $4M each season

osick87

Community Liaison
I tried to download the league file last night and it said ftp was unavailable or something similar.

Will do stuff after work tonight