• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2040-2041 Off-Season Thread

Lloyd Carr

The file rad posted doesn't require you to do all the weird steps though. Just a larger file. Just copy that to your saved games folder.

Where do I put it in the saved games folder? In that folder there is the world.lg folder, a readme, and saved_games.dat.

Just stick it in the folder with those other three files, or somewhere in the world.lg folder within the saved games folder?

The files/folders bit is the most confusing part of the whole game. Also, if I download Rad's file, can I in theory go back to whatever date that file is from and then extract my changes and then re-download the file from last night/this morning?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Awesome, so quale put that file in drop box and just add it into the FAQ. Just list what you did and we can use that from now on

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Rename rad's file to world.lg or world2.lg if you dont want to copy over and put it in the saved games folder.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@Lloyd Carr I'm not sure what you mean by extract changes, but you will just click get new file and you will have last night's file. You can't pick and choose changes you have made since then.

Lloyd Carr

I meant export.

I'm just going to accept any mistakes I make. I don't have the patience to figure out all the non-in-game related things.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You can import todays changes from ftp, that will grab files you already exported onto the server. Its in the lineup screen.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm confused, does he want to undo changes he made that aren't on this past save? Because I thought that was impossible. If it's on this current download then you can do it freely, all you need to do is exit out of your game, when you reload (ie go back to the main menu and load the league again) it'll be back on the default league file that was uploaded by OU (and not the one with all your changes).

Remember when Reel and Zack were co-managing? It wasn't working for a while because they were both uploading on the default file and they needed to import each other's changes.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We simmed 20 years to get rid of overpowered players that are created when you start a fictional league. Then we simmed 5 more for stats to help judge players. We started in 2038 or 39?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah we kept records from 2033 so we knew what type of stats players were putting up. Helps evaluate players. @Karl Hungus won last year.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
People who say Leach got fleeced will do so thinking Paco won't be an elite starter. I think he will and so does leach so it is a level trade IMO. He is 20 years old and 30+ aces have been going for 1sts. If you don't think Paco can start then I see the blue blanket side.

jdlikewhoa

People who say Leach got fleeced will do so thinking Paco won't be an elite starter. I think he will and so does leach so it is a level trade IMO. He is 20 years old and 30+ aces have been going for 1sts. If you don't think Paco can start then I see the blue blanket side.
blue-fleece-blanketcustom-fleece-blanket-txtwujj4.jpg

NML

Yeah I really like Paco, so I was surprised you were willing to swap him for Hellmann.

Taking him instead of Hellmann gives me the cap space to make the trade to get Connor, as well.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
1,2 and 3 is steep for Paco, but I assume he wants to replace Craine. Other two guys are just filler. Not a terrible deal, but a risky one.

Meanwhile Gomes sits on the block again with no interest. No one needs dat bat. Or JD with offer a 6th.

NML

Lopez is a pretty solid pitcher too, and I'm hoping Ersoy can play more like he did 38-39 than last season, but either way he's serviceable at 2nd.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I mean he is solid and a good throw in for Leach. If Paco is a SP this is a good deal. Have to see how it plays out.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Leach must really like Paco. I tried to get him from OU a while back.

I loved Paco once I saw he could go 7 in the WBL. Like I said in my thread once he gets better and lowers the amount of pitches he needs to get outs he will be a #2 at worst.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Hellmann mo betta

Yeah I was pleased he wanted Paco more. It really depends on how you look at it but I wanted to keep my chances at the title next year going and Hellman hurt that much more than Paco. Leach is quasi-rebuilding so Paco worked better for him, win win

Lloyd Carr

Re-worked my minor league system(s) today to get guys where I want them. Also did some solidifying with Buffalo's squad and how I want that to go.

Am getting excited again.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah I'm getting more and more into it. Thank the Deer Lord for the team threads I love reading through those

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Ahh the OU cycle… Build a dominant team at the minimum… trade away parts and still win 100 games for picks… have the next wave of stars come in 2-3 years and trade away the current stars once they start making money.

Rinse, repeat.

osick87

Community Liaison
Yeah I'm getting more and more into it. Thank the Deer Lord for the team threads I love reading through those

I'll make one when I get my logo.

I also may make a WBL t-shirt on teespring if people would sport them. Proceeds would go to somebody's OOTP 15 purchase

osick87

Community Liaison
That wasn't a stab at you. I figured if I didn't make one for off season, I might as well wait.

You're already getting OOTP 15 from me as thanks.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Draft picks got me immersed more, am at least 12 feet under at this point. Bart scott for the draft.

Which brings me to this. Since we are going one day at a time right now, shall we draft while we are doing all of this?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Orlando do you know how to install the OOTPOU on a server? I just don't want to mess up the website, but if we could do a clean install I think it would fix the draft and we could get it goin

Lloyd Carr

Well, youve got 47 picks in the first three rounds. I dont think youll be hurting much if we move it up.

Others may be looking to get more picks in this years draft, and moving it up leaves them less time.

I dont care either way. The draft would give me something to do though, so I can support moving it.