• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2040-2041 Off-Season Thread

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Iirc if you dont save changes you can just exit out and restart it and it'll be the unexported file that you last downloaded

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah I did last night but I just did it again...

Bart Scott for the non-tenders. I'm looking for role players mostly this off-season so I'm hoping to see some.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@jdlikewhoa can you zip up your league file and send it to me?

If I allow guys to go to arb they have to be tendered a contract right? Budget be damned?

doh

@jdlikewhoa can you zip up your league file and send it to me?

If I allow guys to go to arb they have to be tendered a contract right? Budget be damned?
Yes. That's how CPU teams are sometimes way way over their budget. You can go as much over as you want if they're arb cases.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
You are allowed to go over budget when guys go into arb. Won't be able to sign any FA's ofc.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I just can't offer them extensions correct?

I really want want to see my finances from last year before I do all this.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
No it's mostly for my financials. You are good to export. I'm sure this will end with Gooksta calling me a complainer.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Alright, after looking at the financials it seems the jumps are just way more extreme than in the past. I dont remember teams jumping either way by more that $10m before. We had teams gained $20m and some lost $38m. I only lost $16m, so I guess I wont complain. Just unfortunate when I exceeded expectations and my projected budget was only $4m less not $16m. I guess we did operate at a loss. I was looking at the projected budget balance+cash which was $14.5m.

Wolfman21

my budget dropped by 8 Million. I went from 150,000,000 to 142,000,000. I lost almost 10 million last year.

The good news is I have a projected balance of 11 million for this year and thats with my payroll being much higher than it will be.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Your owner is also real mad :laughing: I went from $126m to $110m and my owner is ecstatic. We lost $5.2m last year, so I guess he said TRIPLE IT.

I also noticed I have the worst TV deal by far. That plays a role as well. Just something I have to work with I guess. At least my fan loyalty and interest is decent. Hopefully attendance turns around and I get a bump next year. I just know it wont be near $16m. Probably take me a while to get there again.

Edit: My owner who died was also Charitable, where his son is an Economizer. I guess this all makes sense. Just a little weird.

Last edited:

doh

At the end of the regular season I was going to lose $6m in budget but ended up even because of my playoff money (thank you winning in the first round). Pretty crazy considering I was right at budget and won freaking 101 games.

The budgets aren't increasing like they used to for sure.

I also got a new media deal and after winning 101 games saw a $2m bump. Damn it.

doh

ALSO...

Looking for: Elite RP, LH hitters at 1B/LF/RF, very good SS

Willing to trade: SP, 1b/3b type RH hitter who is good and cheap

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I wouldn't say they aren't increasing like they used to. Some teams got big jumps. I have just never seen this many teams drop $10m+. I am panicking trying to release guys I don't use to create some space. Then inevitably the AI will fill up my 40 man :laughing:

Wolfman21

Luckily for me, I'm losing two guys with 16+ million dollar contracts and another with a 10 million dollar contract. Thats over $40 million coming off of the books while just losing 3 guys. I'm prolly gonna go cheap the next season or two to get the books straightened back out before I really go hard at looking to compete.

Also, I just noticed how stacked Seoul Glow's farm system is...good grief. I was happy with the #5 system...but theirs is nuts

Wolfman21

No. Bin Abbud showed well at the end of the season and Terry Evans has raked the last three seasons in AAA. One of them is a lefty and ones a righty, so i've got that covered. I can save myself 17 mil by not picking up Oorts option while still having two solid options and getting younger.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Probably a good move even though Oort has a good DH bat.

@Lloyd Carr I can still do that Dickey deal I suppose. Don't wanna go back on it on you.

Lloyd Carr

@Lloyd Carr I can still do that Dickey deal I suppose. Don't wanna go back on it on you.

I mean, I do want him, but I dont want you to feel that you owe me anything or that we wont be friends anymore if you back out.

If you want to do the trade, awesome. If not, no worries.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well I need to clear salary, so he is yours :laughing: was it 4th or 5th? Post whatever it was in the finalized trades thread.

Wolfman21

My DH last year, Liu-Liang Chao, has hit .280 with 28+ homers and 100+ RBI the last two seasons. I'm offering him arbitration this year for almost 10 million less than what Oort was making. Then I have young Kichida to play 1B so Chao would have stayed at DH. Keeping Oort just made 0 sense. I'd have loved to have kept him, but for about 10 million less than he wanted, haha.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Can't wait to attempt this off-season thing. If it works it will make it go so much faster

Wolfman21

Sucks being at work and not able to fool around with the sim when the file is loaded. I have to sit back and wait till 8 AM when I get to go home to dick around with it.