• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: The Week 7 Thread - Sweet Jane

Brick

didnt say anything about those teams. oregon struggled to beat a TTU team that wont even make a bowl. they have no recent history of finishing a season strong and people think they gonna recover like BAMA or something lol.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
They'll win all those except the BEAVS. Still will be 10-2 or whatever though

Brick

check me on this but pretty sure they have lost 2 or more games november and on for like the past 5 seasons. prolly the one time they did well they still lost one inexcusably to HERM and true frosh JAYDEN. theyre delusional af.

Mame YO

slings rocks
why are you so stuck on that TTU game lol.

There is nothing unique about Oregon’s tendencies or their schedule that puts them at a disadvantage. If you think UW is a great team, there is no real logical reason to poo poo Oregon based on their performance last night. You’re in here trying to pretend Oregon got dominated. Don’t. They’re clearly one of the top 2-3 teams in the conference.

As for the schedule, UW and Oregon play all the same teams. Both will have to get through Utah, Wazzu, OSU, USC. Everything you’re saying about Oregon applies to UW and USC too. The pac12 is just deep af right now. The path is hard for everyone.

I’m not going to project upset losses to T2/3 teams but sure, Oregon could drop one of those games. So could Washington. It seems certain that USC will at this point. The point is that Oregon and Washington both still control their own destiny. Oregon might need help to get into the playoff if they were to run the table since they could get left out in favor of undefeated champions elsewhere, but a 1 loss pac12 champ has a really good chance to make the playoff and Oregon is well positioned for that potential outcome.

Mame YO

slings rocks
They’ll probably be favored in every game remaining on their schedule. You’re projecting upsets. That’s fine.

This is the best, most complete Oregon team in years. Most of these T2 teams have clear, exploitable weaknesses. Wazzu has a suspect OL. Utah has no offense. USC has a bad defense. They get OSU at home. I like their chances.

Brick

you dont know what an upset is and having a low tier DC is a clear exploitable weakness. PWNTINEZ is gonna truck these walkon lookin LBs.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Oregon would run the table if BOBOARDS could learn to set his feet and not be SHOOK once guys get within 10 feet of him, @Brick was right

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Mame’s a fan so it isn’t crazy he’s predicting they run the table. If it wasn’t for the BEAVS I might agree if RISING is still out. The way you tell @Brick is trolling (somewhat) is he is putting USC in the mix. Unless they get a new team Puddles is going to put up 60 on grinch

Mame YO

slings rocks
Mame’s a fan so it isn’t crazy he’s predicting they run the table. If it wasn’t for the BEAVS I might agree if RISING is still out. The way you tell @Brick is trolling (somewhat) is he is putting USC in the mix. Unless they get a new team Puddles is going to put up 60 on grinch
nobody is ever going to shame me out of being a homer lol.

Brick

you cherry picked a resource that gives oregon a 25% chance of winning out and predicts two losses. chef kiss.

id say 10% and 3 losses.

Mame YO

slings rocks
you cherry picked a resource that gives oregon a 25% chance of winning out and predicts two losses. chef kiss.

id say 10% and 3 losses.
Almost every team has similar or worse chances lol. UW with a 14% chance, Georgia with a 17% chance.

Brick

a 25% chance, which is generous, does not equal "well positioned" to run the table or "ur predicting all upsets OK".

Mame YO

slings rocks
They’re as well positioned as almost any other team in the top 25 lol. If they aren’t well positioned, nobody is. The only teams more likely to run the table based on FPI are OU, FSU, ND.

Brick

youre delusional. they would need to play perfect footbaw + get all the breaks to not lose again.

Brick

they think every team should be like the CHIP + mariota teams and just destroy everyone just because they have more RivalZz stars now. it makes no sense. their best win is a squeaker against a team that might not make make a bowl and they choke every november and they jump immediately to playoff odds after losing. its unbelievable lol.

Mame YO

slings rocks
youre delusional. they would need to play perfect footbaw + get all the breaks to not lose again.
It’s kind of crazy because I’m not just blindly stating that they WILL run the table. I’m saying that they CAN still run the table. They’re in as good a spot as anybody else. None of this is really that controversial. Nobody would be surprised if they won out. Nobody would be surprised if the lost another game. You’re coming in here and projecting multiple additional losses which is whatever but don’t represent my position as something that it isn’t.

Brick

using your direct quotes = misrepresentation

i am saying people should be extremely surprised if oregon wins out.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Going 11-1 when most project 10-2 is not a huge deviation lol. I’m being a reasonably optimistic fan of a team. I’m not being ridiculous or over the top. I’m not “delusional” - you’re just a bully that’s reading the wrong conclusions from my comments as a means to troll.

Mame YO

slings rocks
You fuckers post about Oregon way more than I do but I’m the problem lol.

@Brick if you aren’t doing it on purpose, you’re definitely misinterpreting my comments as being maximalist/blatant homerism when I’m just being optimistic that Oregon still controls their own destiny. Which, I mean, yeah. If they win out they’re in the CCG. Idk what is so outlandish about a fan of a team being optimistic about their chances.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
To be fair, if people here were sharing the tweets of all the various LSU talk radio personalities and journalists, it would be the same dynamic.
You may be right. I haven’t seen lsu reporter Twitter, but I’ve seen Tennessee’s. They don’t have nut huggers like Prehm and that Geoff douche lol. Of course they post some cringe shit about recruits and what not, but not even in the same universe as those guys.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
listen to a Locked On or 247 homer broadcast for basically any team lol.
no-i-dont-think.gif

digs

sun of nothing
u guys should try being ASU fans where they try to run DILLY DILLY out for being 1-3 after week 4 having the worst roster in team history but want to keep HERM because perennial 6-6, 7-5 with CROOTS that will all transfer out in upper class years, because he IS A PROVEN WINNER EVERY(no)WHERE HE GOES .

NO ONE PREDICTING WINS HERE IN DVLSZN

Skeeter

Uber felon
Every school has lunatics. There is a very vocal, small minority of idiots that want Ryan Day fired because Ohio State isn't either winning enough or winning impressive enough.

Mame YO

slings rocks
someone thinks my team is gonna lose multiple games against evenly matched teams = bully troll
Difference of opinion is fine. Purposefully(?) misconstruing my comments to paint me as a mouth breathing homer, calling me delusional, and just generally shitting on me for being reasonably optimistic about the team I like is the bullying part.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I didn’t shift any goalposts lol.

This was the comment that I started with:
Oregon has a chance to run the table the rest of the way and get a rematch on a neutral site. These teams are in a similar spot as Texas/Oklahoma assuming they take care of business elsewhere. The CCG and the playoffs are definitely still in play.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Hyperbole aside, the distinction I’ve been making is more accurately a good faith/bad faith one.

There is a reason I never blocked @digs even when he was calling me a sexist but I did block @Brick and others.

I didn’t say anything unreasonable and I won’t be mocked as if I have. That’s all. I don’t think I’m asking much lol. I’m not a punching bag and my presence on these forums is not a free pass for people to forget how to be decent to others.

"started with"
Seriously, I didn’t stray from being reasonably optimistic at any point and when I sensed that you thought I was I clarified my stance. Idk what else I could do to make myself clear.

Mame YO

slings rocks
how is it BAD FAITH to make an argument that, by your chosen metrics, is 75% likely to happen.
You opened your argument by saying that Oregon has “no chance” at the playoff, and then asserted that they aren’t well positioned to run the table despite being one of the most likely teams to do so according to FPI lol. You then called me delusional for thinking they have a decent chance at making the CCG as a 1 loss team.

I don’t even think that your view is outside of the realm of possibility, though you are more pessimistic than advanced stats/projections/Vegas. The difference is that you think I’m insane for being optimistic that Oregon goes 11-1 and are mocking me for it. You aren’t just disagreeing with me, you’re completely discounting my position as homer gobbledygook and trying to shame me for it even though I’m being roughly as optimistic as you are being pessimistic compared to the oddsmakers. You said a couple of weeks ago that Oregon will lose 4 games and you said earlier this week that Washington would beat Oregon 57-17 lol. Maybe it’s time I start mocking you for being aggressively and illogically anti-Oregon lol. Your views are further out of step with the consensus view than mine are, after all.

Brick

i said you're delusional if you think oregon has a shot at the playoff and said they have no chance. its hyperbole, a common tactic in sports arguments. washington 57-17 was a shitpost. i would be shocked if they won 5 games against teams that could beat them. theres no recent precedent at all for oregon performing that well.

Mame YO

slings rocks
i said you're delusional if you think oregon has a shot at the playoff and said they have no chance. its hyperbole, a common tactic in sports arguments. washington 57-17 was a shitpost. i would be shocked if they won 5 games against teams that could beat them. theres no recent precedent at all for oregon performing that well.

How about this: I’m going to take you at your word and discuss this under that assumption. I’ll spoiler this, feel free to ignore me and move on if you aren’t interested.

First, I don’t think it’s entirely unreasonable to point out that Oregon was a healthy bo nix and maybe a couple of weird fluke special teams plays from the CCG last year even with a terrible defense. Yes they got ran on by OSU. If you watch the game again, though, it was the special teams stuff that ultimately cost them the game. Oregon would’ve beat UW last year if Nix wasn’t hurt, too.

Looking at this year, I think there is a really good case that they’re better almost across the board this season.

The defense is better on all three levels, and I don’t mean that in a CROOTS CLICK kind of way either. They are actually performing at a much higher level so far. Colorado has scored 36, 45, 43, 41, 27, 43… and 6 points in each of their games this year. And that 6 might as well be a zero, as it was scored in the final moments of a dominant win. Last year’s team probably still wins… they probably give up 30+ though.

Stanford had 120 yards at the end of the 1st quarter… they had 220 yards at the end of the game. Yes, bad offense, but also, they did some stuff early that they hadn’t shown previously, Oregon adjusted and then locked them down the rest of the game.

Even against Washington I’d argue the defense showed that they’re significantly better then last year. Oregon actually outgained UW and the defense was the catalyst for Oregon to come back from being down 11. Penix and 3 NFL recievers is enough to give any defense fits but by the end of the game they had made it to penix multiple times, he was sitting on the bench looking like he thought UW was about to lose lol.

The biggest question is always going to be Lepoi but his role has diminished this year. He is basically a glorified CROOT CORCH now that he shares coordinating duties.

As far as the offense, it’s basically the same unit overall, with the offensive line still being really good but not as good as last year’s elite line, especially in the run blocking. The playcalling is different but Willy is doing fine. It’s a bit too conservative at times given their weapons downfield. Troy Franklin did have a monster second half last night though.

Any time a top offense can be paired with a good to great defense, they will have success. It’s been a long time since Oregon had both units as good as they are right now. They’re a nearly complete team. And they’re a 4th down conversion or maybe a different coaching decision or two from being undefeated right now.

I do believe that Oregon is tier 1 in the conference. I’m not sure how I feel about USC right now. If I had to guess I would put the conference into tiers like this:

Tier 1
Washington
Oregon

Tier 2
USC
OSU
Utah

Tier 3
UCLA
WSU

Doesn’t look like you blocked brick at all
This is more for me than anyone else. Say I’ve drank a 6 pack and just watched Georgia beat Oregon 49-3…

That said, I’ve been unignoring people and frankly it’s a strange experience having half the posts in any given thread hidden. I’m unblocking the rest of you. If you prefer not to interact with me,block me instead.