• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: Championship Week Thread- I've Seen All Good People

CJ_24

They should play the game in the Seahawks stadium in a downpour.

Vegas is the most overrated city in Murrica

Lightningwar

Administrator
FSU most likely rolling with 3rd string true freshman QB tomorrow as Tate apparently got a concussion from the gata cheap shot. This is going to be fun!

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Way back when I worked at Delaware as the SID for the men's basketball team. They made the tournament and announcers were Verne and Al Maguire. Typically, the SID talks to both announcers at the hour-long shootaround on the day before the game so they can learn about the team since they had announced zero Delaware games all season. Maguire preferred to talk to the student managers because he felt they knew more about the team. So, it was just me and Verne talking Delaware basketball for an hour.

It was so cool when I got home and watched the game to hear Verne drop some of the info I gave him into his broadcast.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Way back when I worked at Delaware as the SID for the men's basketball team. They made the tournament and announcers were Verne and Al Maguire. Typically, the SID talks to both announcers at the hour-long shootaround on the day before the game so they can learn about the team since they had announced zero Delaware games all season. Maguire preferred to talk to the student managers because he felt they knew more about the team. So, it was just me and Verne talking Delaware basketball for an hour.

It was so cool when I got home and watched the game to hear Verne drop some of the info I gave him into his broadcast.
This is actually really cool, prolly the closest a Utopian has got to the BIG TIME since @zoltan threw up DA U

CJ_24

That is some cool ass shit

Mame YO

slings rocks
The stream I’m watching is out of Florida somewhere and every fucking commercial is about golf and boats.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Charmin soft run D. The other top teams will trample Oregon if they get in the playoffs.

Brick

if they score a TD on this drive and PIX looks as shook as he did on the first drive they in trouble

Brick

if THE SQUAD doesnt score here they at least gotta hold onto the ball for a bit or they tuckercarlsonover.jpg

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

I shot a lot of OU games as a freelancer while I was in school and for a couple years after. For basketball I'd usually get there around 2-3 hours before the game to grab my spot on the floor and in the workroom, eat dinner, and relax some before tip. There was a game against UConn in I think 2003 that Dick Vitale was calling. We were all in the room where the catering was when I found out that DICKIE V, BABY is not an act, that is just who he is. 100% of the time.

Probably the coolest interaction I ever had with someone famous was in 2002. I got to the arena super early and was sitting by myself in the high roller seats on the floor reading and taking some notes for class while the arena was empty. This was before a game against Texas Tech. Bobby Knight walks by, asks what I'm reading and then stops to talk for about five minutes once he finds out it's Frederick Jackson Turner's The Frontier in American History. I picture him being like Tony Soprano, getting home late from work and sitting down to eat ice cream (or drink) and watch WWII stuff on the History Channel.

Mame YO

slings rocks
After everything that’s happened so far, it’s a 7 point game. Ducks need to get their shit together.

Franklin hopefully not injured

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I shot a lot of OU games as a freelancer while I was in school and for a couple years after. For basketball I'd usually get there around 2-3 hours before the game to grab my spot on the floor and in the workroom, eat dinner, and relax some before tip. There was a game against UConn in I think 2003 that Dick Vitale was calling. We were all in the room where the catering was when I found out that DICKIE V, BABY is not an act, that is just who he is. 100% of the time.

Probably the coolest interaction I ever had with someone famous was in 2002. I got to the arena super early and was sitting by myself in the high roller seats on the floor reading and taking some notes for class while the arena was empty. This was before a game against Texas Tech. Bobby Knight walks by, asks what I'm reading and then stops to talk for about five minutes once he finds out it's Frederick Jackson Turner's The Frontier in American History. I picture him being like Tony Soprano, getting home late from work and sitting down to eat ice cream (or drink) and watch WWII stuff on the History Channel.
Coach Knight seemed like a good guy. At UM, we found out that he hated kazoos so my friends and I all bought kazoos and made sure to sit behind the IU bench for the IU-Michigan game. Drove the donors and parents nuts for the entire game as we played them nearly non-stop. At the end of the game, he turns to us smiles and gave us a thumbs up for our effort.

Mrs. Goblue has hung up on Bobby Knight twice. When he was the IU coach, he would call all the basketball corches that make the Indiana HS Final Four. Her school made and she was working in the AD's office when he called. Thought it was prank call both times before his secretary called and said, "This really is Bobby Knight's office trying to talk to your coach."

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Seeing the difference between a really good passer and an athlete who dinks the ball off to superior athletes against shit defenses to pile up stats.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Washington will rue the fact they put up 3's instead of 7's. Nix is warming up. You can't keep a Heisman winner down too long.