• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: Championship Week Thread- I've Seen All Good People

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
They won’t magically jump Oregon, they could be a conference champ with a victory over the SEC champ at home.

Let’s stick with facts, though. What is Oregon’s best OOC victory?

Mame YO

slings rocks
Lame talking point.

If you assume Oregon bama and Texas all win and you’re arguing to put Texas over Oregon, the resumes between Oregon and Texas are similar overall. And the committee thinks Oregon is the better team. They continue to say as much.

If resumes are close, and they’re both conference champs, Oregon is in because EYE TEST.

Mame YO

slings rocks
In this scenario Oregon also has a win against previously unbeaten #3 Washington, and that team is the only team that beat them (by 3, in Seattle). Texas arguably has a better win but also has a significantly worse loss and a worse overall conference schedule. Plus they don’t have the narrative that they avenged their only loss nor do they look like the better team.

Texas needed OUDNA to run the table and rematch in the shampionship. That’s the scenario you needed to knock Oregon out.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Texas winning in Tuscaloosa > Oregon winning a neutral field rematch with Washington.
Even if we assume this is true, I don’t think it matters. Again, OVERALL Oregon and Texas have similar resumes. Oregon’s loss is better. Their best win is close enough. The rest of the schedule is in Oregon’s favor, easily.

If the resumes are similar (they are), and they’re both conference champs, they’ll put in whichever team they think is better. They have already told us who they think is better.

Again, Texas needed OU in the shampionship game.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Not according to ESPN's metrics

View attachment 30631
Texas:

Best wins:
Bama (FPI 6)
Okie state (37)
Kansas state (12)
Kansas? (29)

Loss:
OU (FPI 8)

Oregon:

Best wins:
Washington (13)
OSU (18)
Utah (25)
USC? (21)

Loss:
Washington (13)

Once you account for the fact that nobody thinks that OU is a better loss than UW, it seems pretty obvious if we’re using espn FPI that oregon will be perceived as having a better overall resume, or at least close enough that it doesn’t matter.

Again! If only OU made the shampionship! Swap okie state with OU in that comparison and Texas wins lol.

Mame YO

slings rocks
See, now we’re talking!

Pac12 champ absolutely should be in. It would be fucking dumb if either UW or Oregon got left out and ya’ll know it.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
just stop with the opinions. “Nobody thinks,” “If this, then that” hypothetical. It’s every post.

By the FPI in your own post, Texas would have both a better win and a better loss, would you agree?

Of course you wouldn’t. Objective facts are inconvenient, so you pass off a hypothetical opinion as an alternative fact and try to argue the premise existing solely in your head.

kellyanne mame_yo

Mame YO

slings rocks
just stop with the opinions. “Nobody thinks,” “If this, then that” hypothetical. It’s every post.

By the FPI in your own post, Texas would have both a better win and a better loss, would you agree?

Of course you wouldn’t. Objective facts are inconvenient, so you pass off a hypothetical opinion as an alternative fact and try to argue the premise existing solely in your head.

kellyanne mame_yo
OU is 8 in FPI vs UW at 13 so strictly speaking from that metric, yes. However, Washington is currently undefeated and OU has two losses. Once you account for, you know, what happened on the field, it seems obvious that most people believe that Oregon’s loss is better. Especially in this scenario where they have the “avenged their only loss” narrative (which is subjective, but will matter).

I keep saying this but Texas needed OU to be in the shampionship game. If that was the case you could try to equate UW/Oregon with UO/texas and then Texas would win because of their bama win.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Ya’ll coming at me like I’m the one with the homer opinion but the committee keeps ranking Oregon higher and they keep saying that they think Oregon is better lol.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
There’s a thread for Mame’s spurging. If he would only use it, the rest of us could talk about teams not named Oregon.

bruin

So, you’re telling me Alabama is going to jump 4 spots the last weekend of the season when not one team has made that considerable of a jump all year?

Mame YO

slings rocks
This whole thing boils down to giving Texas credit for beating Georgia by virtue of the transitive property through Bama. TROG TRAP

Brick

the committee can and will do whatever they want. this isnt the ap or corches poll where a "jump" is determined by points. there is nothing to overcome. its a subjective consensus decision.

if bama wins they beat the 2 time defending champ and the #1 team in the rankings. plus they are bama. only loss to texas. they are 100% in.

if texas wins and bama wins and 2 slots are open, texas has a win over a playoff team. they scheduled bama voluntarily on the road and beat them convincingly. they will have folx to answer to if they leave texas out in that scenario.

there are a ton of excuses to leave oregon out:
-they arent BLUE BLOOD
-their OOC sucks
-theres nothing outside of the washington win to impress the committee. they dont care about blowouts against BUMS

these reasons arent good, but will be ammo:
-texas mauled TTU who oregon trailed by 10 in the 4Q
- beat wyoming by 21, a team that beat TTU

there is nothing they will have to explain other than "texas now owns the best win of the season" or whatever.

i think bama will have to carry them to the playoff. if it is oregon vs. texas (bama loses) i think they will pick oregon.

no one gives a fuck about vegas. flazzu is gonna be like a 20 point dog if they get in. cincy a couple years ago same scenario.

all oregon has going for them as far as talking points is beating every team on their schedule and BOBOARDS. the committee isnt gonna give a shit unless they beat washington by 50 imo.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
It's like you'll are forgetting the very first year when TCU was #3 or something and beat ISU by 50+ and got dropped by the committee because they wanted CAR SALES

Committee faps to THE BRAND more than anything else, it's their #1 consideration

bruin

Michigan
Pac-12 winner - in
Conference of champions was the best league BAR none, all season. No argument. The committee ranking UO ahead of BAMA and Sark this entire time says it all. They’re not gonna drop them if they win.

flazzu probably gets pwnd if they played next weekend by tOSU and Texas if we’re being honest. Best team RIGHT NOW argument is moot. Why? Cause BAMA needed the Milroe Miracle to beat a team who got their bootys played with by New Mexico State. I don’t think it’s automatic for
BAMA if they win.

The fact that UT is sitting on the sideline is wild. Biggest BRAND other than tOSU that ESPN loves.
Go back to 2014 if that was UT instead of TCU dem BUCKEYENATION ain’t passing them.

Imagine the PRE BCS era with these teams ranked 1-8. Any of them
With a shot to win it on New Years Day..
Not I HERMANO @bruin228

bruin

Scores are not going to matter come Saturday. Win and you’re in for UO and FLAZZU. Just like in 2014. We keep saying it. Too many undefeateds this season. Sorry JAR.

Brick

lets look at the committee

Chris ault - former nevada corch, pistol guy, probably the only west coastish guy here
BITCH Barnhart - former Oregon State AD, current Kentucky AD. good luck with him lol.
boo Corrigan - random AD with all east coast experience
Chet Gladchuk - farthest west he has ever been is houston
Jim Grobe - former wake coach. east coast guy
mark harlan - arizona alum and current Utah AD. prob wants to stick it to THE SQUAD
ward Manuel - Michigan AD, east coast guy
David slayer - MACTION ad, was in athletic admin at oregon state
will shields - younger former player. midwest Nebraska guy when Texas was in big xii
Gene Taylor - mostly midwest guy that graduated from @digs, current Kansas state AD
Joe Taylor - east coast guy
rod west - holy fucking shit I know this guy. head of corrupt entergy energy company in New Orleans. huge Notre dame homer. my wife has been to a bunch of social events with him her best friend's mom was his admin asst for a bit. gotta text my wife but I think I remember him being a creep towards women. EDIT: never mind it was another entergy guy who was a creep. she said ROD was cool.
Kelly Whiteside - EAST COAST ELITE journalist

so yeah, a lot of people with a ton of exposure to SQUAD brand

Last edited:

bruin

lets look at the committee

Chris ault - former nevada corch, pistol guy, probably the only west coastish guy here
BITCH Barnhart - former Oregon State AD, current Kentucky AD. good luck with him lol.
boo Corrigan - random AD with all east coast experience
Chet Gladchuk - farthest west he has ever been is houston
Jim Grobe - former wake coach. east coast guy
mark harlan - arizona alum and current Utah AD. prob wants to stick it to THE SQUAD
ward Manuel - Michigan AD, east coast guy
David slayer - MACTION ad, was in athletic admin at oregon state
will shields - younger former player. midwest Nebraska guy when Texas was in big xii
Gene Taylor - mostly midwest guy that graduated from @digs, current Kansas state AD
Joe Taylor - east coast guy
rod west - holy fucking shit I know this guy. head of corrupt entergy energy company in New Orleans. huge Notre dame homer. my wife has been to a bunch of social events with him her best friend's mom was his admin asst for a bit. gotta text my wife but I think I remember him being a creep towards women. EDIT: never mind it was another entergy guy who was a creep. she said ROD was cool.
Kelly Whiteside - EAST COAST ELITE journalist

so yeah, a lot of people with a ton of exposure to SQUAD brand

These BOOMERS are enamored with BO. Don’t go against it, EMBRACE IT, Brock.IMG_8164.jpeg

Mame YO

slings rocks
Oregon's brand is having no rings
It kind of sucks because I think this is probably the best team they’ve ever had overall and I don’t think they have a chance vs Georgia lol. Still, 1000% I will drink an entire 1/5th of whiskey and stand in the living room in nothing but my underwear screaming like a little girl to watch them lose to Georgia.