• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: Championship Week Thread- I've Seen All Good People

bruin

Send an instant karma to me
Initial it with loving care
Don't surround yourself
'Cause it's time, it's time in time with your time and it's news is captured for the queen to use

I hope everybody had a nice Thanksgiving weekend. I'm sitting here about to finish off some apple pie leftovers. Championship week is here. It's been a pleasure as always bringing you guys the WEEKLY threads again this season. Saturday's are fun and we continue to rock on in the free world. Cheers, bros.

Notable Matchups:
Oregon vs Washington, 5:00 PT - ABC (Friday) (Las Vegas)
Oklahoma State vs Texas, 9:00 AM PT - ABC (Arlington)
Miami (OH) vs Toledo, 9:00 AM PT - ESPN (Detroit)
Boise State vs UNLV, 12:00 PT - FOX (Las Vegas)
Georgia vs Alabama, 1:00 PT - CBS (Atlanta )
Michigan vs Iowa, 5:00 PT - FOX (Indianapolis)
Louisville vs Florida State, 5:00 PT - (Charlotte)
ONCUZIEI2FDMFP5KUP4YCXP5YA.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

72575815.jpg.jpg

11362843.jpeg

1292179861.0.jpg

r165659_2_1296x729_16-9.jpg

Mame YO

slings rocks
Penix is hurt @Brick. I told you’ll he got hurt vs Oregon when we were arguing about the pass rush. Rumors are he re-aggravated whatever rib injury he’s been dealing with.

And that explains a lot of why they have struggled so much since the Oregon game too. He went from completing 70%+ of his passes to <60% since that game.

Oregon lost their CB2 Florence and Evan Williams is wearing a club on one hand so there absolutely will be open receivers, especially if you see Bridges out there. Very losable for Oregon as long as Odunze is on the field imo.

The line has been pushed to Oregon -9.5

Lightningwar

Administrator
I would had given the Noles a 90% chance to close out vs Louisville with JT. With Rodemaker that moves to 50%. Louisville will just blitz the shit out of us until Rodemaker makes a play.

Brick

Penix is hurt @Brick. I told you’ll he got hurt vs Oregon when we were arguing about the pass rush. Rumors are he re-aggravated whatever rib injury he’s been dealing with.

And that explains a lot of why they have struggled so much since the Oregon game too. He went from completing 70%+ of his passes to <60% since that game.

Oregon lost their CB2 Florence and Evan Williams is wearing a club on one hand so there absolutely will be open receivers, especially if you see Bridges out there. Very losable for Oregon as long as Odunze is on the field imo.

The line has been pushed to Oregon -9.5
should cancel the game and give shampship to uw.

Mame YO

slings rocks
UW fans been saying that for weeks already! ESPN just put out their takeaways/looking forward article and whoever wrote it “ESPN staff” says they think the pac12 championship should just be for seeding because it isn’t fair to ask UW to beat Oregon twice lol.

Mame YO

slings rocks
And Ohio state to da playoff arguments are everywhere

MA’SCHEDULE
SOME OF US DON’T PLAY FLORIDA OR AUBURN ON RIVALRY WEEK

Mame YO

slings rocks
for better or worse, winning your conference matters. IMO the committee will look to conference championships as a differentiator with how crowded the playoff field is this year.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I honestly don't care who wins the last Pac, I just don't want the Horns to head to the SEC with a Big XII trophy.
FAKE STATS INC (first from the oct game then the prediction for this Friday)
IMG_1738.jpeg
IMG_1737.jpeg

Here are the rest of the shampionships

Brick

here is ur definitive playoff guide. don't @ me other than to quote me when I'm right.

already in (leaves two spots)
michigan
winner of SEC title game

win and ur in, lose and ur out (i don't have to explain this)

flazzu
washington

lose and possibly in, but small chance

georgia, but I think only if all of flazzu, texas, oregon lose. i said they were a lock if they lost 2 or less earlier in the SZN. was wrong. since oregon's only loss is Washington and texas beat bama on the road, I think either of them get the nod. flazzu is an auto-bid with a win. I wouldn't put it past the committee to put them in if they lose in OT vs bama tho. but I kinda doubt it.

win but need some help
oregon
needs bama and flazzu to lose. if bama wins and flazzu wins the ducks are out. if bama loses and texas wins, oregon really needs to drill Washington and/or texas looks like shit to secure the bid. if texas and bama lose and oregon wins, oregon is an easy selection. although I would die if they put georgia in over them.

texas needs bama to win (for SOS) and oregon to win (knock Washington out) and flazzu to lose. committee would be absolutely wet to put both texas and bama in. think they would get in even if oregon wins in that scenario. if it's a choice between texas and oregon, committee picks oregon only if BAMA loses and oregon drills washington/texas looks like shit against THE CHOKERS @Travis7401

the argument for BAMA over texas if flazzu loses and Washington wins is gonna be a classic Kirk "but who is the BEST right now". they are gonna say BUMROE is 1000% better. plus no way SEC champ gets left out.

oregon is gonna get railed for their OOC schedule vs. bama and texas. plus texas made it a point to beat the shit out of texas tech while oregon trailed by 10 in the 4th quarter. oregon beat one CFP ranked team, Oregon State at #20. texas beat bama and okie state would be ranked around the same as they are now. that's why I think they have to kill washington to get in. if texas and bama both win they will both get in over oregon. oregon missing ZONA ZOO hurts their schedule. their wins are dogshit.

only other team with a tiny chance (would require bama, texas, Oregon, flazzu to all lose)
tOSU

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
Its

Georgia/bama
Michigan
Oregon/washington
FSU/texas

Texas is in if FSU loses and is out otherwise. If it’s Oregon vs Texas the resume is similar enough and the committee clearly thinks that Oregon is the better team (they are). Zero reason to believe they will change their mind if bama wins because nobody believes that this current Texas team can beat this current bama team if the game were played this weekend.

Brick

Its

Georgia/bama
Michigan
Oregon/washington
FSU/texas

Texas is in if FSU loses and is out otherwise. If it’s Oregon vs Texas the resume is similar enough and the committee clearly thinks that Oregon is the better team (they are). Zero reason to believe they will change their mind if bama wins because nobody believes that this current Texas team can beat this current bama team if the game were played this weekend.
the committee will cum if they get an opportunity for

michigan vs bama
texas vs flazzu

dont get it twisted

Brick

Zero reason to believe they will change their mind if bama wins because nobody believes that this current Texas team can beat this current bama team if the game were played this weekend.
"the argument for BAMA over texas if flazzu loses and Washington wins is gonna be a classic Kirk "but who is the BEST right now". they are gonna say BUMROE is 1000% better. plus no way SEC champ gets left out."

bama is in if they win regardless but if they have two spots open between bama, texas, oregon u gotta be a true homer to believe THE SQUAD will be selected.

bruin

Michigan
Pac-12 winner - in
Conference of champions was the best league BAR none, all season. No argument. The committee ranking UO ahead of BAMA and Sark this entire time says it all. They’re not gonna drop them if they win.

flazzu probably gets pwnd if they played next weekend by tOSU and Texas if we’re being honest. Best team RIGHT NOW argument is moot. Why? Cause BAMA needed the Milroe Miracle to beat a team who got their bootys played with by New Mexico State. I don’t think it’s automatic for
BAMA if they win.

The fact that UT is sitting on the sideline is wild. Biggest BRAND other than tOSU that ESPN loves.
Go back to 2014 if that was UT instead of TCU dem BUCKEYENATION ain’t passing them.

Imagine the PRE BCS era with these teams ranked 1-8. Any of them
With a shot to win it on New Years Day..

Last edited:

Mame YO

slings rocks
"the argument for BAMA over texas if flazzu loses and Washington wins is gonna be a classic Kirk "but who is the BEST right now". they are gonna say BUMROE is 1000% better. plus no way SEC champ gets left out."

bama is in if they win regardless but if they have two spots open between bama, texas, oregon u gotta be a true homer to believe THE SQUAD will be selected.
oregon is ranked over Texas right now by the committee. Texas is #7. If #5 Oregon beats #3 UW, and #8 bama beats #1 Georgia, bama will be in and could even jump Oregon but the committee isn’t jumping Texas multiple spots because of bama’s win. That’s a pipe dream. The committee continues to signal that Oregon is in if they win.

I have been saying this forever. If it’s Bama, Oregon, Texas, Texas gets left out.

Brick

is this the first year ur following the playoff rankings or nah. doesnt matter week to week.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I'm guessing you didn't watch either the Texas or Bama games last weekend.
You have to remember the trog logic. Last weekend doesn’t matter because IRON BOWL RIVALZZZZ. If you asked an SEC homer or anyone at CBS who would win bama vs Texas this weekend they all say bama by a million.

No one cares that Texas beat bama in September. That’s why they get left out.

Lightningwar

Administrator
You guys aren't thinking outside the box. This weekend ends up in total chaos, they change it to an octagon style cage match between coaches with a play-in match a week before

1. Gruden
2. Stoops
3. Saban
4. Ed Ogeron

Play in match
1. Ric Flair
2. Paul Finebaum

All done deals

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
You have to remember the trog logic. Last weekend doesn’t matter because IRON BOWL RIVALZZZZ. If you asked an SEC homer or anyone at CBS who would win bama vs Texas this weekend they all say bama by a million.

No one cares that Texas beat bama in September. That’s why they get left out.
I'm quite certain no one, nevermind everyone, expects Bama to win by a MILLION points. Stop it with the hyperbole and hypothetical straw men/ad populum logical fallacies. "No one expects Texas to beat bama, therefore my position is accurate" is some basic logic 101 coursework shit.

"No one" expected Texas to go into Tuscaloosa and win by double digits, but yet they did. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?!?!1

Mame YO

slings rocks
Bama would be favored over Texas by 10 if they played this weekend. Oregon would be favored over Texas by nearly the same amount FYI. When nobody believes that Texas is actually a better team than Bama, their win over them means a lot less to the trogs picking who gets in. I get what you’re saying but I’m not making a statement about what is objective based on resume, I’m making a statement based on the same trog logic that the committee will use. If the committee were forced to just choose between Texas and bama, bama would get in.

Texas needed OU to be good this year, frankly.

They aren’t bumping an Oregon team that in this hypothetical just knocked off the #3 team in their rankings. Pac12 champ is in. As they should be.

To reiterate it’s

Sec champ
Michigan
Pac12 champ
FSU/texas/georgia/Ohio state (in that order)

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Are you on the committee? Stop conflating your hypotheticals and opinions as facts. You can call it trog logic or whatever, but it is your primary method of discussion, and has been for years. It's inelegant drivel.

In recent months you've expanded to posting those nonsensical 4-way graphs, but at least those have some basis in facts.

Mame YO

slings rocks
You should talk to the guy presenting his opinion that Texas will magically jump Oregon because bama as fact, not me. There is no reason to believe based on the way the committee has behaved thus far that they would jump Texas into the top 4 after this weekend just because Bama beats Georgia. That’s a pipe dream. Texas needed OU to be good and in the conference championship so that they could argue that OU/Texas = UW/Oregon.