• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: Championship Week Thread- I've Seen All Good People

Mame YO

slings rocks
I never intended this to be a debate about whether Kansas state is a better team than Utah, let’s not do red herrings. The point is that Utah should be ranked.

Brick

Ya’ll are literally retarded if you ever use the “top 25 wins” argument again. That argument is dead.

Kansas state is probably the best team out of the 4 if you’re trying to power rank them. Compare their resumes though, here are the losses all next to each other. Utah is the only team that didn’t lose to an unranked team and they’re also the only team not ranked.

Kansas state has Losses to #9, #7, #18, unranked
Utah has losses to #3, #5, #15, #20
Tennessee has losses to #1, #8, #9, unranked
Clemson has losses to #4 and 3 unranked

How is Utah the only one of those teams out of the four that is unranked?
you've got to be fucking kidding me

Brick

What about those resumes screams “everybody but Utah should be ranked” to you?

I don’t even know what you think I’m saying.
you know the bottom of the top 25 of the playoff is just committee members putting in the name brand teams right? except Tulane and liberty only because liberty in undefeated and Tulane is 11-1 and was good last year. that is literally the only reason Clemson, Tennessee, Kansas state are there. because they have recently been good the AP/corches has Toledo, James Madison, smu because they pay attention.
literally none of those 4 teams are ranked in the AP poll. the committee is throwing darts at a wall. why don't you get that. no one on this board said anything about top 25 wins mattering.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I brought up the fact that Utah wasn’t ranked. I made the point that it’s being used in playoff arguments (generally, I never said anyone here was saying that). I thought that was something most people here would agree with as being fucking dumb. I don’t even know why we’re arguing if you basically agree with that. When I posted about it you said some nonsense about Mississippi state beating Arizona lol.
you're out here calling ghosts retarded!
As long as we’re still allowed to say retarded on THE BLOG

Last edited:

Lightningwar

Administrator
Kansas state is probably the best team out of the 4 if you’re trying to power rank them. Compare their resumes though, here are the losses all next to each other. Utah is the only team that didn’t lose to an unranked team and they’re also the only team not ranked.

Kansas state has Losses to #9, #7, #18, unranked
Utah has losses to #3, #5, #15, #20
Tennessee has losses to #1, #8, #9, unranked
Clemson has losses to #4 and 3 unranked

How is Utah the only one of those teams out of the four that is unranked?

Because the top 25 isn't the top 27.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Team
RUSS
Can't decide if it would be funnier for Texas to win and be a legitimate playoff candidate but get left out or for Oklahoma State to beat them, preferably in a comeback or other crazy ending.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Swap Clemson and Utah and I’m probably fine with that. Deal? Let’s get the old guys on the phone.

My point is there are 25 spots, Utah is at 27. Essentially these teams are close but you can't put 27 teams into the top 25. Utah's recent losses and poor play vs Colorado contributed to them being a few spots lower than Chumpson. This is such a miniscule point to argue why bother?

Mame YO

slings rocks
My point is there are 25 spots, Utah is at 27. Essentially these teams are close but you can't put 27 teams into the top 25. Utah's recent losses and poor play vs Colorado contributed to them being a few spots lower than Chumpson. This is such a miniscule point to argue why bother?

Because “wins vs top 25 teams” is a major talking point t right now in comparing potential playoff teams.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I wonder what PFF sees that stop rate doesn’t.

Stop rate:

UCLA #21
Oregon #22
Utah #24
Washington #36
Arizona #40
Oregon state #51 (sorry beavs)

The difference between Oregon and UW is half a point per drive according to PFF. 1.5 vs 2. (To give a sense of the difference, Ohio state is 4th with ~1pt/drive)

PFF grades UCLA over Georgia and Oregon just below them, but stop rate has both Georgia and bama higher (#16, 17). Half the B1G in the top 15 or so lol. No offense conference about to get boat raced by the PAC teams.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Final regular season EPA graphs :

Overall:

IMG_1766.jpeg

Offense:

IMG_1767.jpeg

Defense:

IMG_1768.jpeg

CJ_24

Team
Miami
Oregon would win 3 games in the SEC West. Warshington would win 3.5

Skeeter

Uber felon
Criminal they put that kid back in. I could see he was concussed from my couch.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
3rd stringer must be blind or something. He wasn't that good before he was concussed.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Team
Niners
Well they should be able to figure out who did it pretty easily

Brick

I just saw you can get tickets to PAC championship for like $15? Lmao so much for NASHNUL BRAND.

Guess people really don't wanna see THE SQUAD
all saving money for the playoff. foregone conclusion oregon is gonna beat a team on a 19 game winning streak. vegas says so.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Ain't nobody got time for a 5p PNW matchup in Vegas. Fuckouttahere.gif

Brick

every SQUAD brand chud would shut up permanently if they went to a major bowl game for bama/clemson/lsu/ohio state/oklahoma/etc.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Team
Niners
If I'd have known I probably would have bought tickets to the Big Whatever shampship to watch OSU fail me in person

Top Bottom