• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2021 HEINEKEN

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
  • Armada
  • Brigade
  • Commanders
  • Defenders
  • Presidents
  • RedHogs
  • RedWolves
  • Washington Football Team
giphy.gif

Why is it so hard to pick even remotely serviceable names? Redhogs? Defenders? Brigade? JFC

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
the Presidents, omg

the only real option is the Bureaucrats but they too scared

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
How many names that we consider without a second thought would never get greenlit today? Chargers, Packers, Browns, Bills? Those are all basically incoherent.

Agreed, but Packers would need an equivalent defunct company for comparison.

The Enrons. The Worldcoms. Would we allow that? The Arthur Anderson’s?

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Washington Apples. Washington Crossing the Delawares. Washington Wooden Teeth

Brick

Could do Democrats and have a DONKEY mascot. We have a high school in Portland like that. The Jefferson DEMS DONKEYS
does that school still win the oregon state title in basketball every year because they have black players?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
  • Armada
  • Brigade
  • Commanders
  • Defenders
  • Presidents
  • RedHogs
  • RedWolves
  • Washington Football Team

This is so bad.

Is RedWolves really one word? Red Wolves really doesn't make any sense for this area, but some of the uniforms that were floating around on [Error: User has been triggered by Twitter and this bitchy post has been removed for the rest of our sanity.] last year were pretty sweet. If we're picking animals, shouldn't they be indigenous? Pretty sure we killed all the Red Wolves in this area 300 years ago

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Redhogs is stupid and I grew up watching that era of football.

They are paying external firms for this? What a waste of money. Why is every name bad? Why are OOTP owners better at branding teams than professionals? Why is Jadakiss as hard as it gets?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Man now I'm going full BearDown.

I don't understand the obsession with keeping RED in the name, but there are at least red tailed hawks here

and Red Tails (Tuskegee Airmen) was a good concept. They probably didn't want to be associated with this awful franchise.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
How many names that we consider without a second thought would never get greenlit today? Chargers, Packers, Browns, Bills? Those are all basically incoherent.

Shades of people complaining about Guardians when they watch teams named after socks

PORKERS the GOAT name, doe

evil1

No Washington Vortex? I am disappoint.

Part of the reason for the uninspired name choices is probably due to what names are still available to be trademarked. As soon as Washington indicated they were dropping the old nickname, people jumped to lay claim to possible new nicknames. I think that is why Red Hawks and Red Tails were not on the list.

CJ_24

I kind of like the idea of the Washington War Eagles or Warhawks.

(Probably Warhawks, because didn't Auburn take their War eagle theme from some confederate legion or something like that?)