• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MINSHEW

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@fried rice

31A9CE279AF426A5AD9CABB3052D2BB5CD5FA2A0

Was hoping this was coming :laughing:

CJ_24

Yeah, I don't want to get all @GR8 2 B FL G8R on everyone's ass but I don't even think it was accidental friendly fire, I think it was intentional fratricide (or even giving the benefit of the doubt, incredible ineptitude and then a coverup). If you read about what happened, right as he started expressing his anti-Bush and Anti-Iraq war leanings and discussing leaving the military and wanting to talk to Chomsky and all that. How convenient that his brother's half of the unit was mysteriously separated from him and then an "ambush" occurred (with no enemy) and Tillman was shot in the back from 10 meters by multiple .223 rounds (all of this was only uncovered after his brother made a huge deal over it). Then they burned his uniform, body armor, and his personal notebooks and hid all of this from his brother and claimed he was shot while heroically charging an enemy position.

Shooting a friendly soldier in the back from 30ft in daylight is like @Reel leaving his finger on his mouse button in Arma level of ineptitude, and these were Army Rangers, so I just don't see how "accident" really explains what happened. The subsequent cover up and use of his death to glorify the war was fucking absurd. His family went through hell because of it. In fact, here is what the Army Investigator (who was caught in about a dozen lies) said about his Tillman's family "These people have a hard time letting it go. It may be because of their religious beliefs" and "When you die, I mean, there is supposedly a better life, right? Well, if you are an atheist and you don't believe in anything, if you die, what is there to go to? Nothing. You are worm dirt. So for their son to die for nothing and now he is no more... I do not know how an atheist thinks, I can only imagine that would be pretty tough." That guy was the worst.

I think it is the very worst example of our bloodthirsty nationalism that these fucks still hold up Pat Tillman as their hero when the dude was very likely murdered by his own government and then they tried to fuck his family just so the Army could keep their spotless hero narrative.

To me, the issue is, how many links in the chain does there have to be to pull this off, to me. I don't know much about anything about Tillman's story, and I probably know even less about army life. What I glean from your summary is that at some point, someone in some level command decided to play Michael Corleone, and decided to have Tillman killed over some anti-war rhetoric. Once that decision is made, they essentially have to give this order to, at least, half the platoon, and convince them to go out, play this rouse, and kill one of their closest friends. I get that military are indoctrinated to kill, but (to the best of my knowledge) they're not indoctrinated to kill their close friends execution-style. Not only do they execute him, but then they lie to his brother, burn all of his stuff, and do an assortment of other things to cover the whole thing up. Not only that, but the command has to get at least one investigator (although I'm sure there's more than one person, or even more than one unit involved in these things) to go along with the whole sham.

I'm not saying it's not possible, or even that it didn't happen. I'm just saying that story seems to ask a whole lot from a lot of people. But I could be wrong.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I don't know who this new CJ is, but he's working for the NSA. You really should look into it before you decide what is/isn't possible.

He was shot in the back from 30 feet in daylight while his brother's vehicle was intentionally diverted away from the scene with a distraction. We only know that much because his brother (in the same platoon) did not believe the story his "close friends" were telling him. Even the first round of "friendly fire accident" stories (after they were initially caught in a lie about him being killed by enemy fire) were disproved because the timelines (night vs daylight) didn't match and neither did any of the forensic evidence (Tillman being far up on a ridge line vs being shot from less than 30ft).

I'm not saying some order came straight from President Bush to kill him or some shit, maybe it was only people in his platoon that wanted to kill him, but I do think he was intentionally killed and then either way the Army decided to use his death for PR purposes. To me the most damning evidence that it was intentional and premeditated was the fact that his brother's vehicle was diverted and then everyone who was there lied, even in the friendly fire versions of the reports, about engaging enemy forces (there were no enemy forces). So much of the physical evidence was immediately destroyed, so I suppose there is no way to "prove" anything, but the fact that the remaining physical evidence contradicted even the friendly fire version of the story is so damning.

I mean either they murdered him or the Army Rangers are so fucking inept that they shot him from 30ft and then covered it up. I don't know which answer is preferable to the nationalist fucks who celebrate him.

CJ_24

I don't know who this new CJ is, but he's working for the NSA. You really should look into it before you decide what is/isn't possible.

He was shot in the back from 30 feet in daylight while his brother's vehicle was intentionally diverted away from the scene with a distraction. We only know that much because his brother (in the same platoon) did not believe the story his "close friends" were telling him. Even the first round of "friendly fire accident" stories (after they were initially caught in a lie about him being killed by enemy fire) were disproved because the timelines (night vs daylight) didn't match and neither did any of the forensic evidence (Tillman being far up on a ridge line vs being shot from less than 30ft).

I'm not saying some order came straight from President Bush to kill him or some shit, maybe it was only people in his platoon that wanted to kill him, but I do think he was intentionally killed and then either way the Army decided to use his death for PR purposes. To me the most damning evidence that it was intentional and premeditated was the fact that his brother's vehicle was diverted and then everyone who was there lied, even in the friendly fire versions of the reports, about engaging enemy forces (there were no enemy forces). So much of the physical evidence was immediately destroyed, so I suppose there is no way to "prove" anything, but the fact that the remaining physical evidence contradicted even the friendly fire version of the story is so damning.

I mean either they murdered him or the Army Rangers are so fucking inept that they shot him from 30ft and then covered it up. I don't know which answer is preferable to the nationalist fucks who celebrate him.

I did not suggest that you were wrong. I am merely saying that i think those are the questions that need to be answered in order for your theory to be correct. There's strong circumstantial evidence, and it's all very convincing. You may very well be right, and I may very well agree with you. But in order to be correct, you also have to be correct that someone made that decision, came up with the plan, had Tillman's own platoon execute the plan, and then cover it all up.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I mean that's what bothers me most about this... It isn't a question of whether or not there was a conspiracy surrounding his death, the Army got CAUGHT in every facet of fabrication of that story, destruction of all physical evidence, etc... The only thing you can't prove is intent/premeditation for his murder.... but still nobody will call a spade a spade because it is frankly too uncomfortable to contemplate even for the most jaded asshole. I mean I have a pretty dim fucking view of our country and military and I don't want to believe they killed him on purpose, but fuck... 30 feet way and shot in the back.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Teddy Bridgewater's knee sounds like it's ready to be served up as gas station tubed ground beef.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
As much as these nationalists need to eat shit, Colin Kaepernick being considered an activist for his misdirected asinine protest (which he has every right to participate in) is equally nauseating. This guy is a fucking idiot. I'm not sure he even understands what he's supposed to be standing up for, I mean not standing for a flag for a football game because general problems with oppression with minorities, it doesn't make sense. He'll keep sitting until there's "change". What is that supposed to entail? A goddamn coup? Benched for Gabbert and might soon be out of football altogether, clearly the guy really wants attention. And lawd he got it.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I seriously can't fucking stand Kaepernick, but I can't help but enjoy how much his little schtick is riling people up.

Same.

"Love it or leave it" people need to chill.

But the cynic in me believes Kaep doesn't even know what the issue is, and his agent cooked up an idea to put his name back in the headlines......since he sucks at football now and is on the verge of getting cut. That being said, even if he does understand the issue and does legitimately care about it, WTF does not standing for the national anthem accomplish?

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
I don't even have the words to describe my thoughts.

You sound like Kaep. In that first bit of audio from after the game when he was describing his motivations, he honestly sounded like he was trying to recite some canned phrases that someone taught him.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though and say he's genuinely interested in helping to solve the problem. Kudos to him; that's awesome. He has the platform to maybe make a difference. So I ask you --- how does not standing for the anthem change or help anything? It's not like #BlackLivesMatter wasn't already being talked about. He didn't shed light on some little known issue that was being swept under the rug. What did his protest accomplish?

DanishDonut0

Apparently some teammates were throwing up and others praying after the injury, it was that bad. Yikes.

Not gonna dive much into this kaep topic but all of my international friends are always so confused every time I'm watching any US professional team play asking, "So wait, they seriously play the anthem for each game?"

CJ_24

It "helps" by getting more people discussing it. Footbaw is arguably a bigger forum in this country than the nightly news is. Sadly, you're more likely to get a discussion going about this stuff because of a footbaw player getting everyone in sports media all riled up than the BLM protest I got stuck behind outside the State Fair last night.

I express no views on the substance of the issues, I am not well versed in the nuance at this point to express an opinion. That said, I'm all about Kaep doing what he's doing. This is what the First Amendment is all about. This is what the democratic process is. Get peoples attentions (in a non-violent way), and get people talking. That gets the support you need to get the people's representatives to legislate. He's doing exactly what he's supposed to, and exactly what our constitutional design is designed foster, if he wants something to happen. People are talking about this stuff. And that's the point, to get them talking about it.

CJ_24

How did Bridgewater get so f'd up in a non-contact practice? I thought he was just throwing the ball around when this happened? I'm so confused.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

I have not extensively studied the Pat Tillman fiasco because I deal with far deeper shit.

Like controlling the universe with ascended master whitepony to create Mtn Dew Madden promos.

BEHOLD A Pale Hoss

What do you know of whitepony magick, creature

Last edited:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Apparently some teammates were throwing up and others praying after the injury, it was that bad. Yikes.

Not gonna dive much into this kaep topic but all of my international friends are always so confused every time I'm watching any US professional team play asking, "So wait, they seriously play the anthem for each game?"
Not only that, but we sing God Bless America at some point each game too. It's been a tradition for a long time and I kind understand it, but sometimes it's just odd. I was at a game between PSG and Leicester and they played the national anthem.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
You sound like Kaep. In that first bit of audio from after the game when he was describing his motivations, he honestly sounded like he was trying to recite some canned phrases that someone taught him.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though and say he's genuinely interested in helping to solve the problem. Kudos to him; that's awesome. He has the platform to maybe make a difference. So I ask you --- how does not standing for the anthem change or help anything? It's not like #BlackLivesMatter wasn't already being talked about. He didn't shed light on some little known issue that was being swept under the rug. What did his protest accomplish?

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni

Not only that, but every Little League game, every Pee Wee and Pop Warner game, middle school, high school and collegiate sports, auto racing events, etc. Whatever meaning and reverence it once had is gone.

atlbraves

I like what Kaepernick did because it made people think, even for a moment, how they reconcile "other countries hate us for our freedom" with "if you like to exercise your freedom, why don't you just git out?!" Don't care why he did it.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Dang - it says they cancelled practice after Bridgewater got injured? It must've been a Joe Theismann-level injury for that to happen.

The heck - are there gopher holes in the practice field? Did some intern hit him with a golf cart?

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Dang - it says they cancelled practice after Bridgewater got injured? It must've been a Joe Theismann-level injury for that to happen.

The heck - are there gopher holes in the practice field? Did some intern hit him with a golf cart?

I read that the bone was visible, so yeah. Sounds brutal.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Sounds like it's a dislocated knee and full ACL tear, but no nerve or structural damage. Season ending for sure, but definitely possible for a full recovery. Looking forward to Teddy kicking ass next season.

Rob's FSU

I like what Kaepernick did because it made people think, even for a moment, how they reconcile "other countries hate us for our freedom" with "if you like to exercise your freedom, why don't you just git out?!" Don't care why he did it.

I'm sure that's what they do.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
How does that happen when he plants after dropping back to pass in a non-contract drill? I am baffled.

How'd that dude from Louisville have his shin snap through his skin without contact?

It can happen. He just stepped wrong and planted funny from what I understand.

worst2first

Maybe I'm getting old and jaded but I honestly don't care at all about the Kaepernick "issue". We have more important things to worry about than whether or not some professional athlete stands or sits during the anthem. Get back to work everyone!

I'm not saying the issue of police brutality or oppression isn't important. It is. I just don't see how Kaepernick's actions are relevant. Is there anyone in this country that's going to respond:

"Why's Kaepernick sitting down during the anthem?"

"He's protesting the systematic oppression of minorities in the United States."

"Well, goldarned. Nobody told me. Thanks, Kaepernick. Let's get busy and fix this right now!"

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Reel e. bummed about this Bridgewater injury. I have a dynamic rookie Treadwell MUT card that will have his Madden stats increase based on his real life stats. Who is the back up, fuckin top 10 pick FSU legend Christian Ponder? Is the other top 10 pick FSU legend EJ Manuel available?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Race to the bottom in the NFC North with Bridgewater done. What a shit show that is going to be.