• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2019 MINSHEW

MSUFanatic

The money is all slotted in. No excuse to have rookies hold out at this point.

While that may be true there is a lot of other mitigating circumstances like offset language, signing bonus deferral etc, but it does seem at this point Bosa is far more stubborn about the situation than the Chargers are.

MSUFanatic

This is about the Chargers being cheap as fuck. Nothing more

Thought the same thing, but then I read this.

1. An initial signing bonus payment that is larger than any player in the League has received in the last two drafts.
2. More money in this calendar year than every player in this year’s draft except one (QB Carson Wentz).
3. The largest payment and the highest percentage of signing bonus received in the first calendar year of any Chargers’ first-round selection since the inception of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement (2011).

Points 2 and 3 are pretty meh in that those are hand picked BS statistics. #1 is eye opening and more conducive to being a meaningful statistic.

Last edited:

evil1

Before we accept the team's characterization of the negotiations without question, it is worth hearing the counter arguments from Bosa's agents.

Namely, the Chargers are lying when they say that Bosa would receive the largest "initial signing bonus payment" than any other player in the last two years. Bosa wouldn't get that "initial payment" until after the season starts and other players have already received their full signing bonus by this time (which are larger than the "initial payment" Bosa would get).

Also, Bosa should get paid more than any other rookie this year except for Wentz and Goff. Bosa was the #3 pick. The Chargers may have offered Bosa more money this year than Goff, but it should be noted that Goff does not have the offset language that San Diego is demanding Bosa accept.

In addition, according to leaks from the Bosa camp, Bosa offered a compromise to the Chargers in that he is willing to accept less money than Wentz and accept the offset language and he is willing to defer more signing bonus money until 2017 than 5 out of the top 7 2016 picks.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Broncos fans seem to not be panicking that much, which is insane. Seimian was awful in college and there's no way he ends up even an average NFL QB. If they're going to go down this route, they might as well start Lynch and see what they have with him. He at least has some upside.

Heisman06

what did he say? i'm not watching? what is this shit? its not football season.

They were showing some shot of downtown Orlando I guess and he said he was familiar with the area. Then he mentioned he went to nearby Astronaut High, Tirico sounded surprised and that's about it.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
They were showing some shot of downtown Orlando I guess and he said he was familiar with the area. Then he mentioned he went to nearby Astronaut High, Tirico sounded surprised and that's about it.

The NFL allows Tirico to call Thursday night preseason games?!?! Eat a bag of dicks, Goddell.

worst2first

I didn't watch the game thanks to the school board meeting but is Romo held together with duct tape and bobby pins?

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
They need a quarterback, not center for the Utah Jazz.

I'm just playing up the reason why derps like Gabbert and Goff get overvalued in the first place. I wanna put Bortles in that group but he's actually shown some flashes.

Dak really came into his own as a passer last year, plus he got that Tebow fullback body. With him and Zeke, Cowboys could be back on the up and up unfortunately. Certainly can be adequate enough to win the NFC East

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I'm just playing up the reason why derps like Gabbert and Goff get overvalued in the first place. I wanna put Bortles in that group but he's actually shown some flashes.

Dak really came into his own as a passer last year, plus he got that Tebow fullback body. With him and Zeke, Cowboys could be back on the up and up unfortunately. Certainly can be adequate enough to win the NFC East

Never really saw him in college but maybe once or twice. However, almost anybody drafted into the NFL, at any position, looks like a stud in college.

Just my observation over two (meaningless) preseason games and Prescott certainly looks more polished than Goff.

I hadn't realized that Goff never took a snap under center in college (was all shotgun snaps) so even in the simple footwork there's a knowledge gap. Ugh. At least Goff seems like a level-headed kid, and isn't going to spectacularly go off the rails like a Leaf or Manziel.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I've been pretty impressed with the Pats secondary, but he is off. That force to KB was definitely all him. Hopefully they're just getting it out of their system before the real games

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
The Saints just might finish 7-9 or worse. The first unit just looks out of sync and has no chemistry. The run game still looks non existent.

Rapelisburger torched the first team defense.