• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I agree that OKC would be horrible without RUSS and I also agree that whatever OKC will never amount to any sort of consistent winning. Watching these Westbrook 4th quarters has been fucking brutal, those forced 3s are just abysmal. Not convinced he elevates the supporting cast enough, even if there isn't much to elevate. OKC should probably just start over

Brick

I mean yeah a lot of it is mak. It's an amazing character study because it's so interesting that not even he, who has removed hisself intentionally (as far as I can tell) almost completely away from the culture and identity of anything having to do with being a tribal Oklahoma sports fan, still has that ingrained Oklahoma fan weird ass, distinctive mindset that I can't seem to put a finger on but will one day put in schlongread form.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'll admit, I do get trog trapped by "best player in the league" and "greatest season ever" comments. :laughing:
greatest player season ever.

I do wish he could find a balance, and I want to believe if he had weapons around him he would take it down a notch on the ball dominance, but I really don't think it matters all that much who is around him. even with Durant he had a 34% usage.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'm Patrick Beverly. Is RUSS great? Of course. But what % of NBA players score 40 when they shoot 34 times?

NML

IT having to switch defensively too much. Exposing him a bit.

Plus the C's shot selection right now, LAWD. Pick and roll with IT/Horford please, Chicago hasn't been able to defend it all series.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm Patrick Beverly. Is RUSS great? Of course. But what % of NBA players score 40 when they shoot 34 times?
0%

btw great series bev. thanks for telling that self entitled douche to fuck off in okc

NML

Chicago just can't create without Rondo. Tons of dumb turnovers and forced shots

Cannan means they don't exploit IT enough defensively either. C's have structured their defense around him not switching, so if that's working, ur done

Brick

C-drk4sVYAEK_bbuptop.jpg

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wizards really tried to give that away

NML

NBA playoff schedule is weird. Celtics and Wizards play game one today even though they played game sixes on Friday? And Toronto, who wrapped up on Thursday, and Cleveland, who swept, are tomorrow?

Anyways, that's an advantage for Washington, because Brad Stevens>>>>> and the Celtics actual talent<<<<<

Should be great series if you like intensity and mediocre basketball. These teams hate each other. So I hate @kella now

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
NBA playoff schedule is weird. Celtics and Wizards play game one today even though they played game sixes on Friday? And Toronto, who wrapped up on Thursday, and Cleveland, who swept, are tomorrow?

Anyways, that's an advantage for Washington, because Brad Stevens>>>>> and the Celtics actual talent<<<<<

Should be great series if you like intensity and mediocre basketball. These teams hate each other. So I hate @kella now

Yeah I was baffled but it seems like this happens every year. There's at least one series that someone forgot to schedule so they just throw it in where it fits in. I know it was probably schedules a while back but it sucks even more because of Thomas' situation.

NML

You "hide" him on Beal - you don't want help defense off Beal anyway and leave him open, and he's not nearly as good at creating his own shot off the dribble as he is at spot up shooting.

NML

I'd imagine the respective game plans will be that Thomas guards Beal, Bradley on Wall. Wizards will run pick and roll's (which Beal is great at) all day and ultimately it'll come down to how the C's defend it

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Refs gotta stop calling that shit, lol