• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 NBA Season: no IT ITT

NML

worse than Asik?

sidebar, why is there still post flood control still enabled on this site? Besides Hachiko, is there anyone still spamming the board with consecutive posts?

He's making $8m more than Asik

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Durant left because he knows you can't win a shampship with the way RUSS plays and he got sick of it!

Just because he hasn't told us that in the Player's Tribune don't mean it ain't true. Nobody likes a chucker.

evil1

Some of you are perpetuating the myth that Westbrook didn't let his teammates develop or contribute during the season. I know that fits the standard script but that is objectively false in this case.

The surrounding players on OKC saw their overall usage rate and shots per game increase this season (Oladipo's usage rate slightly decreased but his shots per game slightly increased). It makes zero logical sense to say that Westbrook was impeding their offensive development when in fact their offensive opportunities increased this season.

NML

Some of you are perpetuating the myth that Westbrook didn't let his teammates develop or contribute during the season. I know that fits the standard script but that is objectively false in this case.

The surrounding players on OKC saw their overall usage rate and shots per game increase this season (Oladipo's usage rate slightly decreased but his shots per game slightly increased). It makes zero logical sense to say that Westbrook was impeding their offensive development when in fact their offensive opportunities increased this season.

I wonder if anything else changed this off season - such as another high usage player leaving - that may have caused that.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
let me infuse some pelicans up in here, up in here

has anyone seen Asik lately?

he was a DNP for practically the second half of the season. I thought it was just a roster trick b/c they kept saying illness was the reason

dude looked like he was dying

Dgbt6nx.jpg

sayo

YEET
let me infuse some pelicans up in here, up in here

has anyone seen Asik lately?

he was a DNP for practically the second half of the season. I thought it was just a roster trick b/c they kept saying illness was the reason

dude looked like he was dying

Dgbt6nx.jpg
Saw that pic earlier this year. Fucking weird man. Did they ever find out what was wrong?

Reel

Community Liaison
Saw that pic earlier this year. Fucking weird man. Did they ever find out what was wrong?

not that i know of

i'm gon tweet a couple of dudes that run some pelicans blogs

i'ma see if Fisher is around

evil1

I wonder if anything else changed this off season - such as another high usage player leaving - that may have caused that.

Of all the arguments pro-RUSS, that's the dumbest haha

You are missing the point. The argument that Wetsbrook didn't let his supporting cast develop during the regular season because his usage rate was too high essentially means that you are arguing that his supporting cast didn't get sufficient opportunities during the regular season. But that is objectively not true. Regardless of why, Westbrook's supporting cast got more offensive opportunities this season than they did the previous season.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I hope Andre Roberson's exit interview is just Presti and Donovan making him shoot free throws all day every day in an empty Chesapeake Arena for the next month.

evil1

I hope Andre Roberson's exit interview is just Presti and Donovan making him shoot free throws all day every day in an empty Chesapeake Arena for the next month.

I like Roberson but his offensive game is painful. Hell, if he learned to just shoot the corner three he would be the next Bruce Bowen (I mean that as a compliment).

NML

You are missing the point. The argument that Wetsbrook didn't let his supporting cast develop during the regular season because his usage rate was too high essentially means that you are arguing that his supporting cast didn't get sufficient opportunities during the regular season. But that is objectively not true. Regardless of why, Westbrook's supporting cast got more offensive opportunities this season than they did the previous season.

Of course - because they lost a massive usage player in Durant. So, yeah, they got more opportunities.

That gives zero support to the idea that Westbrook helped his supporting cast

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I like Roberson but his offensive game is painful. Hell, if he learned to just shoot the corner three he would be the next Bruce Bowen (I mean that as a compliment).

He can shoot the corner three. It's just more likely to hit the side of the backboard than the rim, let alone go in. :laughing:

I hope his lack of offensive skill means he'll be cheap to re-sign this summer, because his defense is definitely top tier. And yeah, free throws and corner threes should be his priority. We know he's athletic and can get to the rim fairly easily when the play calls for it. Just have to work on those two other things.

evil1

Of course - because they lost a massive usage player in Durant. So, yeah, they got more opportunities.

That gives zero support to the idea that Westbrook helped his supporting cast

It also destroys the argument that Westbrook impeding their development because he took away their offensive opportunities (because their offensive workloads actually increased).

NML

It also destroys the argument that Westbrook impeding their development because he took away their offensive opportunities (because their offensive workloads actually increased).

lol who is this person disguised as evil?

Of course their opportunities went up, they played more. That doesn't mean they wouldn't have gone up more if they played with an average usage PG

NML

you have no proof that they win more if he lowers his usage across all 82 games.

Haha okay man.

RUSS is the embodiment of OKC. Championships be damned, we just want to be decent. When ur entire franchise accepts and breeds mediocrity, you think this season was good.

Again - "OKC is a joke franchise." End of discussion.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
and I'm not saying I have proof. you are the only one doing that. I said I thought it was needed but that means it's my opinion. I think that's where our disconnect is, you don't get when I'm stating my opinion and you just assume I am stating fact.

I do believe his play elevated their win total this year, and i think you'd have to have a very special way of looking at things to deny that outright but I wouldn't hold that against you.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Haha okay man.

RUSS is the embodiment of OKC. Championships be damned, we just want to be decent. When ur entire franchise accepts and breeds mediocrity, you think this season was good.

where did I say any of this? what are you reading?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Haha okay man.

UR A JOKE FRANCHISE

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Are you saying the having Westbrook made them win more games than not having him?
im saying they won more than him dropping his usage and relying on the others but only this year. especially early and not as much late. but I have no proof other than watching 60+ games so I won't be mad if you don't agree. also don't care if thudner are a joke to you. plenty of people believe both.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I just want to make it a point to disassociate here from all of the BIRTHRIGHT franchise douches who also appear to hate RUSS.
we've already let it be known they all hate him because they want him on their teams, you just hate him because of his style of play and he doenst value your friendship. you're in the clear

NML

Who hates RUSS?

I'd take Russ on my team right now. I'd trade anyone on the C's for him. I'd probably trade all of the C's for him.

I hate you'll because you think he's the second coming of christ when he's just a really good basketball player

Reel

Community Liaison
Jrue >> Russ

hell Jrue not coming back tho :laughing:

he gon leave to go to NY to play with his brother

it was nice having you in NOLA AD. I hope you enjoy your career withe the Spurs

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Who hates RUSS?

I'd take Russ on my team right now. I'd trade anyone on the C's for him. I'd probably trade all of the C's for him.

I hate you'll because you think he's the second coming of christ when he's just a really good basketball player
I don't unless I'm trolling which I promise I'll only do going forward if you and sayo start it. especially sayo because he's one of the more knowledgeable on the board and we almost had good discussion today.

I know how shitty he can be, and I know he simultaneously was the reason they were in every game this series as well as the reason they lost each. aside from maybe game 4. I put that on Roberson shooting freethrows worse than miss ou's 8 year old niece

NML

I think I get so frustrated because the real knob slobbing comes from Guy, who is always so logical EXCEPT when it comes to him. It's mind bottling

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think I get so frustrated because the real knob slobbing comes from Guy, who is always so logical EXCEPT when it comes to him. It's mind bottling
this is the worst part because I know this is why everyone hates us, it's not because you'll anus.

sayo

YEET
I really like Russ. I wish more players were as intense and competitive as him. I'd love it if the blazers had someone of his caliber (Dame is a top tier pg but not on russ' level). I think a lot of my criticism of him and his style of play comes from wanting him to succeed on a team level. He's obviously capable of putting up insane individual stats but the best players take their teammates to the next level.