• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Coaching Hot Seat/ Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig7835

Finally, our long national nightmare is over.

dbm8Fn.gif

Time for Ferentz to get with the times

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I read that it's going to be Brian Ferentz, which would be hilarious. Although some Iowa fans I follow on twitter are okay with that, so who knows.

Poor damn Akrum Wadley though.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I read that it's going to be Brian Ferentz, which would be hilarious. Although some Iowa fans I follow on twitter are okay with that, so who knows.

It is like Bobby Bowden without all the winning and national championships.

DHawkeye

Eterna Optimis

And some people wonder why Barta keeps cutting those checks...

Wadley is a crazy for staying. But he is also literally the only skill position guy worth a goddamn.

Which means Ferentz and co. will utilize him poorly (or not at all).

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
And some people wonder why Barta keeps cutting those checks...

Wadley is a crazy for staying. But he is also literally the only skill position guy worth a goddamn.

Which means Ferentz and co. will utilize him poorly (or not at all).

Heard Wadley was declaring for the draft, but what do I know.

Thepro_23

TBH, most coaches want out of the Peoples Republic of Berkeley once they get there.
Yea, the city is pretty crazy. Going there several times a year growing up (back when we still lived in the Bay) you kinda got desensitized to the craziness, but visiting now is insane. Have you ever heard of People's Park?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Yea, the city is pretty crazy. Going there several times a year growing up (back when we still lived in the Bay) you kinda got desensitized to the craziness, but visiting now is insane. Have you ever heard of People's Park?

People's Park, no. I only know of Berkeley solely on reputation since it's one of the few campuses more liberal than Ann Arbor.

Craig7835

Dykes should've known to not interview for other jobs while under contract & wasn't given permission. Former Boston College coach Jeff Gadowski is a prime example

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Chip Kelly has to be going to Cal. Otherwise that makes almost no sense.
No way Chip is going there. Zero reason to go to that place. He won't grow as a coach, make more money, go into a good situation in any way.

Cal's wanted to get rid of him for a long time. They wanted Dykes to take another job so they wouldn't have to buy him out and he never got one. I'm sure they waited until after the new year to lower the buy out. He was always an awful fit at Cal.

IMO they should go for a recruiter/D-mind type.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

This is our Jedd Fisch replacement. Probably an upgrade. I was underwhelmed when I first heard his name, but he had two good years at Stanford as offensive coordinator, and then was decent in the NFL, with the shit talent on the Colts' offense. Considering he's just a co-offensive coordinator, it's a pretty big get to get a guy who was an NFL coordinator last year.

He's not Kevin Wilson though :emo: :emo: :emo:

Last edited:

Craig7835

No way Chip is going there. Zero reason to go to that place. He won't grow as a coach, make more money, go into a good situation in any way.

Cal's wanted to get rid of him for a long time. They wanted Dykes to take another job so they wouldn't have to buy him out and he never got one. I'm sure they waited until after the new year to lower the buy out. He was always an awful fit at Cal.

IMO they should go for a recruiter/D-mind type.

Cowherd was talking about Cal's academic standards. It's a must that a recruit has a honor roll GPA from high school when they enroll or recruited, which is fucked up

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Quick google says Cal can only have 5 players on its roster that had a GPA of under 3.0.

Also a quick google tells me Cal was easier to get into than UCLA before this change.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
80% of recruits at Cal now must have a 3.0 or above HS GPA.

Their facilities were just updated and still suck. No one cares about CFB in the Bay Area. They haven't been good for about 10 years. They have less than no money (stadium has totally fucked up them due to moronic old AD). Their roster isn't exactly talented.

Worst of all-- the administration and faculty hates sports.

Other than that, I think Chip should take the job.

Last edited:

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Cal is like those magnet high schools where 90% of the students are Asian, Jewish, and upper-middle class whites, and therefore, sports are about as low a priority as reading and writing is in Alabama.

Not surprising that it's virtually impossible to build a winning footbaw program there.

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
They were junk when Jake from state farm took over. He turned them around And thry have remained pretty good under Shaw.

PSUEagle

Cal is like those magnet high schools where 90% of the students are Asian, Jewish, and upper-middle class whites, and therefore, sports are about as low a priority as reading and writing is in Alabama.

Not surprising that it's virtually impossible to build a winning footbaw program there.

I went to one of those high schools and this observation is...spot on.

Craig7835

80% of recruits at Cal now must have a 3.0 or above HS GPA.

Their facilities were just updated and still suck. No one cares about CFB in the Bay Area. They haven't been good for about 10 years. They have less than no money (stadium has totally fucked up them due to moronic old AD). Their roster isn't exactly talented.

Worst of all-- the administration and faculty hates sports.

Other than that, I think Chip should take the job.

The only relevant players that have come from Cal are Aaron Rodgers, Marshawn Lynch, Desean Jackson, Javid Best & Nnamdi Asomuga..that's it. So the AD put the school in the financial toilet huh?

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
The only relevant players that have come from Cal are Aaron Rodgers, Marshawn Lynch, Desean Jackson, Javid Best & Nnamdi Asomuga..that's it. So the AD put the school in the financial toilet huh?
I mean...that's really not that bad, better than quite a few big ten teams lol

Status
Not open for further replies.