• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Coaching Hot Seat/ Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig7835

I know I'm late but I just saw Western Michigan has Tim Lester as their coach? I see that he's from Purdue but what does he have to offer other than the fact the Broncos will be set back for a few years?

R2D2

I know I'm late but I just saw Western Michigan has Tim Lester as their coach? I see that he's from Purdue but what does he have to offer other than the fact the Broncos will be set back for a few years?

Uh, when he was the QB coach at Purdue they were 21st in the NCAA in passing yards per game. Averaged 294.9. His first full year as OC for Syracuse, they finished 119th in the NCAA in yards per game. 3-9 season in which they lost to:

LSU(9-3) 24-34
USF(8-5) 24-45
Virginia (4-8) 38-44 in 3OT
Pittsburgh(8-5) 20-23
Florida State (10-3) 21-45
Louisville (8-5) 17-41
Clemson (14-1) 27-37
NC State (7-6) 29-42

To me, it's not a bad hire, to me. Because who else was Western Michigan gonna get?

JAR201166

Uh, when he was the QB coach at Purdue they were 21st in the NCAA in passing yards per game. Averaged 294.9. His first full year as OC for Syracuse, they finished 119th in the NCAA in yards per game. 3-9 season in which they lost to:

LSU(9-3) 24-34
USF(8-5) 24-45
Virginia (4-8) 38-44 in 3OT
Pittsburgh(8-5) 20-23
Florida State (10-3) 21-45
Louisville (8-5) 17-41
Clemson (14-1) 27-37
NC State (7-6) 29-42

To me, it's not a bad hire, to me. Because who else was Western Michigan gonna get?
Row da boat

Craig7835

I guess Brian Kelly can be added to the list as being on the hot seat. His comments about DeShone Kizer were true about him needing another year but he should've kept them to himself

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
baxter-cain-baseketball-gif-disgust.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Ole Miss hired a Leach acolyte as their OC already. Also, watch some Mississippi State games, then.

Brick

Credit SCHROEDER for my DONE DEAL shtick. It originated as response to a stupid article he wrote that has been scrubbed from the internet that talked about the PAPERS BEING SIGNED on the expanded Pac-12 with Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech. He went on at length about what it meant for college footbaw. ESPN picked it up that afternoon and also ran with it as fact. So two colossal tools joining forces today!

Mame YO

slings rocks
I get it from Willie’s perspective as a Flawda native blah blah blah but this has the potential to set Oregon back significantly if it hasn’t already. Does Jim Leavitt stay or go? He has denied on Twitter (god) that he is leaving to FSU despite reports coming out of Flawda media asserting that it’s a DONE DEAL. to me you give Leavitt the HC jerb and try and hold as much of the recruiting class together as you can. The Ducks have already lost a few kids, but if they can sign a strong class and keep Leavitt they - should - be able to work it out. Oregon with a decent coaching staff and Justin Herbert is a 10+ win team next year.

Or their coaches can leave and the class implodes... maybe Oregon makes a good hire and Oregon is still successful next year and maybe they can recover; maybe Oregon makes a mediocre hire, recruiting declines over the long term and Oregon isn’t a serious player in the PAC for a while. At this point, who knows.

At least there’s that game a couple of years ago. 59-20. Fuck you guys, @fsuprime

Status
Not open for further replies.