• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 MLB Thread: No Noodles

Gooksta

Naw. It doesn't take much to contend the this division. Especially with their pitching.
Well allegedly their shopping ian kennedy and cashner. And how much of their good pitching is attributed to that ballpark and heavy ocean air?

But strategically. If their ballpark is an offensive graveyard.. why not invest heavily in bats and lay back on pitchers? If an average pitcher can be lights out in petco.. go invest in some bats to be able to scratch out a few more runs and let the ballpark carry ur pitching?

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
the way to win in San Diego is let other teams invest in shitty infielders

leon-durham.jpg

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well allegedly their shopping ian kennedy and cashner. And how much of their good pitching is attributed to that ballpark and heavy ocean air?

But strategically. If their ballpark is an offensive graveyard.. why not invest heavily in bats and lay back on pitchers? If an average pitcher can be lights out in petco.. go invest in some bats to be able to scratch out a few more runs and let the ballpark carry ur pitching?
Actually the splits for the current crop of pitchers aren't as extreme as you'd think. They are just good pitchers and they have a ton of depth. But honestly who cares? They need to score more runs either way. Trading Kennedy makes sense though.

to your second point, that's exactly what they are doing. But you also play half your games on the road. You gotta score runs and pitch well on the road. Look at their home record last year. Best ever in petco.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
The Royals big winter meeting pick is.......Kendry Morales. A Latino Billy Butler. Nice.

jenniferlawrence.gif

Then Dayton admits publicly he should have resigned Butler? Good grief. That is why we cannot have nice things. Even though with the success we had last year, we still have penny pinching money bags as owner, and a GM at times who jumps to conclusions. Yet he was GM of the year last year. Guess the sun shines on a minkeys ass sometimed.

Gooksta

The Royals big winter meeting pick is.......Kendry Morales. A Latino Billy Butler. Nice.

jenniferlawrence.gif

Then Dayton admits publicly he should have resigned Butler? Good grief. That is why we cannot have nice things. Even though with the success we had last year, we still have penny pinching money bags as owner, and a GM at times who jumps to conclusions. Yet he was GM of the year last year. Guess the sun shines on a minkeys ass sometimed.
One of the funniest things i have heard is dave cameron going off on kendry morales's baserunning ability.. went something like

He is easily the worst baserunner in the league.. if he gets on first with a single or a walk.. i am not sure 2 base hits could get him home.. LMAO

osick87

Community Liaison
Apparently the Jays are in on a Japanese SS/2b. Supposed to be a durable obp guy. Can't be worse than the garbage the Jays had last year. Now pick up a starter and a bullpen arm and I will be happier than a pig in shit.

Gooksta

Boston selects Marco Hernandez to finish Felix Doubront trade. Slick fielding middle infielder.. if his bat progresses could be a decent mlb'er

Gooksta

Cubs sign Jason Motte on 1 yr deal. Another veteran presence and another arm for Maddon to utilize. I like

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Jed hoyer with another great press conference
Cubs have now won the press conference AND off-season. Do we just hand them the WS trophy now?

Giants waiting things out. I think they're in on Shields to a price point. I don't see them giving up a lot in a trade for a 3B/LF. I think they're just waiting out the market for some deals.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Cubs have now won the press conference AND off-season. Do we just hand them the WS trophy now?

Giants waiting things out. I think they're in on Shields to a price point. I don't see them giving up a lot in a trade for a 3B/LF. I think they're just waiting out the market for some deals.
It's their year off anyway.

Gooksta

Jed hoyer never says anything. Its a running joke.. Cubs gonna be competitive though

osick87

Community Liaison
He's mentioned it on the Fangraphs cast a few times. I've never heard the type though.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah they still need a corner infield bat. Preller is doing work this offseason. I hope it pays off. Selling high on Seth Smith would be smart.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Its interesting what the Padres are doing. I like it. Start trying to win. I don't love the Kemp deal and I love Wil Myers but they might've given up too much but it's really hard for them to sign guys. So you have to trade for them then win and maybe some dudes will sign.

I think the Giants would be into Carlos Quentin at the right price. Sabes loves the RH LF power plus LH defensive replacement formula he's been using the last couple WS titles. He's also really good at buying low on guys like Quentin and having a feel for if they have anything left. Plus there's no 2016 commitment.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
CQ can still hit, its more about him being healthy. I just wonder what he would bring in return. Same with Seth Smith.

I also really like what the Padres are doing. They were able to bring bats in in the 2000's when they were winning, so I am hoping if they start doing well people will sign. Once players come to SD, they normally will resign too. There is a definite upside to the location. They have never had issues bringing in pitchers.