• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

122nd Annual Winter Meetings in BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA!!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Want to clue me in? I have no idea of what is fair value as I have barely started playing this league? Maybe offer help?
Honestly, fair value is whatever someone will pay. I know you posted he was available when the thread started, so whatever you can get is what you can get. I missed your post myself, but every trade someone will come in telling you they would have given you more or whatever.

My take is that he is one of your best chips and it didn't seem like you shopped him too aggressively, but if you are happy don't sweat it.

jdlikewhoa

Want to clue me in? I have no idea of what is fair value as I have barely started playing this league? Maybe offer help?
Don't take it personal. It was more an indictment of NML. Really, he should know better than to pull the trigger on such a @doh level deal on a rookie owner.

You traded a baby GOAT SP for an all defense SS and a AAAA barely DH (at best). The 3rd rd scratch off lotto ticket is exactly that. It's basically worthless.

MSUFanatic

Don't take it personal. It was more an indictment of NML. Really, he should know better than to pull the trigger on such a @doh level deal on a rookie owner.

You traded a baby GOAT SP for an all defense SS and a AAAA barely DH (at best). The 3rd rd scratch off lotto ticket is exactly that. It's basically worthless.

I'm not just honestly really wanted an opinion about what he should had been worth because I really don't have a baseline of value. I had him posted in the thread and I got a decent offer from Sooner and what seemed to be an awful offer from fig, but I literally have no context because I haven't played this game enough or seen how development works through multiple cycles.

Soonerfan09

I'm not just honestly really wanted an opinion about what he should had been worth because I really don't have a baseline of value. I had him posted in the thread and I got a decent offer from Sooner and what seemed to be an awful offer from fig, but I literally have no context because I haven't played this game enough or seen how development works through multiple cycles.

Check out this thread. It has a video by Osick and a lot of good info from Travis and others that really helped me get a feel for the game when I first took over Moscow in the middle of 2058.

Also, what has worked for me (small budget) has been to basically leave IFA alone, or if you participate, spend less than $4M, and build through the draft and smart trading.

The first trade I made was with Osick where I gave up P Harrie van Kralingen, 3B Ken Coleman, and P Stef Korsel for P Érico 'K9' Fresneau because I wanted to get rid of Ken Coleman because he's a douche and I wanted to drop his $4M salary. So I played that one pretty bad, but it didn't set me back too much. Just make sure the guys that you get fit your team. You'll get the hang of it.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Tony has been such a success, @Mr. Radpants should invite another friend.

dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20Wahlberg.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Rad's post is insightful....

Darryl Nelson is a Blue/Green starting pitcher (not only that, but probably the most desirable overall combination of position/salary/talent/age in the league)

So what did you get?

Yellow trog bat (no position, therefore the least valuable yellow player imaginable), a Yellow and pink shortstop, and a third round pick (all pink).

So you traded Best Blue/Green young talent in the league and you got a cum dump of yellow and pink. That's why it is bad.

LIVE AND LEARN!

MSUFanatic

Alright so the consensus is it blows? Then just don't process the trade. Clearly I'm a trog. I won't like the post this is how it works right?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Alright so the consensus is it blows? Then just don't process the trade. Clearly I'm a trog. I won't like the post this is how it works right?
:laughing: well you really shouldn't nix a trade if you have agreed. I'm wondering why you didn't take Sooners' offer if you like it though. It's kind of a live and learn thing unless @NML wants to renegotiate.

For the future, if you look at a player and think this is my best player at that position, give it some time and take multiple offers. Value won't go down on a player like Nelson and he may be worth more when FA dries up.

Wolfman21

Hahaha, id love to read that trade negotiation transcript. I bet ole nml was throwin the sauce on those shit heads. "Bug is gonna give you so much power!"....that you wont mind that he would be the worst DH in the entire league. Hahahaha

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Going back through the finalized trades thread or looking in game under major transactions should give you a decent enough baseline for trades as well. Has helped me get reacquainted with the league.

Edit: Look at the previous trade of UKK.
NML sent his last 2 first rders for an older less talented arm.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My evaluation of the trade:

Nelson has 3 years of team control left and I'd grade him as adding 4-5 wins per season at a cost of 4-5M per season. I'd estimate the average open market rate for a +4-5 win pitcher to be about $15M. So over 3 years I'd expect him to add 14 wins from one position and represent a cost savings of approximately 30 Million over an equivalent player obtained via Free Agency.

NML gave up 2 players with no WBL track record, but lets generously assume that they both start and contribute an average of +1 Win per season for LRM (Ignoring that he's already got better DH on the roster). Both players will make the minimum, which is about a 0.5M savings over what I think you would pay for them on the open market. So over 3 years I'd expect them to add 6 Wins (spread across 2 positions) and represent a cost savings of approximately 3 Million over equivalent players obtained via Free Agency.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
OU and Orlando both got me back in the UBL, it's just a rite of passage at this point. Well actually, they repeatedly got me for years and years into the WBL until I learned how to trade. Now we even doe

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
OU and Orlando both got me back in the UBL, it's just a rite of passage at this point. Well actually, they repeatedly got me for years and years into the WBL until I learned how to trade. Now we even doe
lemme get all ur players for my 1-7

NML

I had no desire to screw over MSU and I've given him the option to rescind the trade if he wants. Everyone thinks Nelson is way better than he is, IMO.

NML

I also think everyone is low on Bug. 80/80/80 speed, 70 power, GOAT nickname.

If I didn't have Mayday there's no way I'd move him.

Wolfman21

I also think everyone is low on Bug. 80/80/80 speed, 70 power, GOAT nickname.

If I didn't have Mayday there's no way I'd move him.

which is it, his speed or his power? If you're hitting bombs, who gives a shit about the speed?