• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2023 Season: Championship Week Thread- I've Seen All Good People

Mame YO

slings rocks
There is another thing that’s been bothering me:

Utah, unranked. Losses to #20 OSU, #3 UW, #15 Arizona, #5 Oregon.

Tennessee, #21. Losses to Florida, #8 Alabama, #9 Missouri, #1 Georgia

Utah BEAT Florida.

Also, the pac12 plays 9 conference games vs 8 for the SEC. This means that half the pac12 has a guaranteed extra loss each season. While Tennessee had UConn scheduled in November, and the very same week that Alabama was playing Chattanooga - Utah was getting their ass beat by a ranked Arizona team.

#1 if Tennessee is ranked, Utah should be also. #2 if you normalize for scheduling disparities, Utah probably doesn’t even play one of the teams they lost to and instead gets a free win like the SEC. Again, They’d be ranked.

Make it make sense.

This matters because people are using rankings as part of their resume, nobody talks about this. The rankings at the bottom do impact what happens at the top.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
There is another thing that’s been bothering me:

Utah, unranked. Losses to #20 OSU, #3 UW, #15 Arizona, #5 Oregon.

Tennessee, #21. Losses to Florida, #8 Alabama, #9 Missouri, #1 Georgia

Utah BEAT Florida.

Also, the pac12 plays 9 conference games vs 8 for the SEC. This means that half the pac12 has a guaranteed extra loss each season. While Tennessee had UConn scheduled in November, and the very same week that Alabama was playing Chattanooga - Utah was getting their ass beat by a ranked Arizona team.

#1 if Tennessee is ranked, Utah should be also. #2 if you normalize for scheduling disparities, Utah probably doesn’t even play one of the teams they lost to and instead gets a free win like the SEC. Again, They’d be ranked.

Make it make sense.

This matters because people are using rankings as part of their resume, nobody talks about this. The rankings at the bottom do impact what happens at the top.
Have you considered thinking about this less?

Brick

Utah BEAT Florida.
mississippi state was 1-7 in SEC and beat arizona. arizona trashed utah. so?

you can play the one game/victory chain thing all day.

unbalanced schedules are the norm.

oregon was fortunate to play colorado, asu, stanford who were auto-wins this year. wazzu was 2-7. combined they went 7-29 in the pac. they missed zona who had 7 pac-12 wins.

Mame YO

slings rocks
mississippi state was 1-7 in SEC and beat arizona. arizona trashed utah. so?

you can play the one game/victory chain thing all day.

unbalanced schedules are the norm.

oregon was fortunate to play colorado, asu, stanford who were auto-wins this year. wazzu was 2-7. combined they went 7-29 in the pac. they missed zona who had 7 pac-12 wins.
Oregon did luck out on their conference schedule but they also don’t get a choice in that.

The Tennessee being ranked thing has already been coming up - people are using that as a ranked win for bama/georgia over Oregon despite both Tennessee and Utah having 4 losses. Tennessee shouldn’t be ranked if Utah isn’t. Frankly, Utah was 26th going into rivalry week and I assumed they would get in after their win but they actually FELL. Seems super objective rofl.

Mame YO

slings rocks
And ANOTHER one, KSU is ranked #25 in the CFP poll right now also. Also 4 losses. Their 4 losses are worse than both TN and Utah.

Utah actually fell in the AP from 26 last week to 28th this week and is unranked in both playoff polls.

Ya’ll are literally retarded if you ever use the “top 25 wins” argument again. That argument is dead.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
the oregon vs texas brand to boomers on the committee is the choice between seeing a SKRILLEX vs fleetwood mac show.
I bet Boo Corrigan really loves drip actually

Brick

utah fucking sucks. they belong nowhere near kansas state.

kansas state lost to 10-2 mizzou, 9-3 oklahoma state, 11-1 texas, all on the road. they were all close games. other loss was in a blizzard against 7-5 ISU. they had one of the hardest schedules in the country. wtf are you talking about.

despite that they outscored their opponents by 200 points.

some teams dont have the luxury of playing their entire schedule but for one opponent against teams with 4 losses or more.

ur bad at this.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Look at Clemson, Tennessee, Kansas State, Clemson. All except Utah are ranked. Are you telling me there is no room for Utah in the bottom of the top 25? Get out of here with that nonsense, you’re trying too hard now to take the anti-Oregon stance.

Brick

Look at Clemson, Tennessee, Kansas State, Clemson. All except Utah are ranked. Are you telling me there is no room for Utah in the bottom of the top 25? Get out of here with that nonsense, you’re trying too hard now to take the anti-Oregon stance.
I was talking about KSU. did I stutter? you think I am gonna be defending DABO? utah got outscored 133-59 against top 25 teams. the only game that was close was against washington who literally kept every game close post-oregon. Oregon State, Arizona, and oregon all embarassed them. they weren't competitive at all. KSU could have won any of the 4 games they lost. 3 were on the road against highly ranked teams. took Texas to OT. Utah could barely beat Baylor and colorado. isn't scoring margin ur favorite stat? Utah is 56th, sandwiched in between Iowa state and auburn.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Oregon definitely on the outside looking in, even if Bruin and Mame WANT TO BELIEVE. I almost can't imagine a scenario where they do get selected, lol.

Even if Texas and FSU were to lose, I could still see a scenario where 1-loss Georgia and Ohio State back in because of THE NARRATIVE - if Oregon beats Washington, then magically Washington becomes GARBAGE - whereas the opposite NARRATIVE always applies to blue bloods.

Imagine the following scenario:

1. Bama barely beats Georgia in a CLASSIC
2. Michigan destroys Iowa
3. Oregon wins
4. FSU loses
5. Texas loses

The committee selects Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, and Michigan, lol. WHY NOT? That's less crazy to me than Oregon getting selected.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
my wish list

1. Louisville
2. Iowa
3. Georgia
4. Washington

Mame YO

slings rocks
I was talking about KSU. did I stutter? you think I am gonna be defending DABO? utah got outscored 133-59 against top 25 teams. the only game that was close was against washington who literally kept every game close post-oregon. Oregon State, Arizona, and oregon all embarassed them. they weren't competitive at all. KSU could have won any of the 4 games they lost. 3 were on the road against highly ranked teams. took Texas to OT. Utah could barely beat Baylor and colorado. isn't scoring margin ur favorite stat? Utah is 56th, sandwiched in between Iowa state and auburn.
If Clemson, Tennessee and KSU are ranked Utah should be also.

Do you agree with that statement?

Brick

i mean they dont even have to deal with the blowback from a conference in that scenario.

GEORGE IS KILLIN IT

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I bet Mame is running all them PLAYOFF PREDICTOR scenarios and Oregon gets in every time if they win!

Should save those SIMS for reference to see how it compares to reality!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
In fact, Oregon needs to be careful that they don't beat Washington by too much, proving just how GARBAGE Washington is! I'm not reading through all this nonsense, and I'm sure @Brick already got this... but I recall Utah dropping multiple spots for winning their last game by like 50 back in the BCS era and then TCU dropping multiple spots and out of the playoff for destroying someone as well.

No matter how you slice it, there's a guarantee that there will be at least 4 BLUE BLOODS with 0 or 1 loss, and Oregon not a BLUE BLOOD.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Hell, how many losses does OU have? You know what, I don't even care if they are .500, they still got a better shot than Oregon! THE COMMITTEE loves watching OU get crushed in BCS/Playoff games and will always vote for that version of the sim!

Brick

why should i answer the question when you read past everything i posted about ksu and utah. takin you a while to cook up some confirmation bias?

Mame YO

slings rocks
All of my arguments are confirmation bias and all of your arguments are objective reality. Got it.

Just know that if you use “top 25 wins” in any playoff scenario arguments going forward I will consider them to be made in bad faith and ignore them completely.

Mame YO

slings rocks
It turns out I’m not the only one that noticed this issue btw. Klatt just called TN and Clemson being ranked “outliers” and bemoaned the idea of using those teams in arguments for others in the playoff. Used 1 loss Georgia vs 1 loss Oregon “oh look! Georgia has 3 ranked wins vs Oregon has 2!”

:clown:

Mame YO

slings rocks
all i did was literally share the scores of the games and records of the teams.
Yes and when I listed Utah’s losses vs Tennessee’s that wasn’t me just listing the results that was confirmation bias.

Earlier this year you said Oregon wasn’t going to get past Wazzu and Utah and now when i try to point out that Utah should be ranked based on their resume compared to other ranked teams Utah is trash. Convenient.

Face it, you’re just as influenced by your anti-Oregon bias as I am by my pro-Oregon bias.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
PFCa1c6.png

Brick

Yes and when I listed Utah’s losses vs Tennessee’s that wasn’t me just listing the results that was confirmation bias.

Earlier this year you said Oregon wasn’t going to get past Wazzu and Utah and now when i try to point out that Utah should be ranked based on their resume compared to other ranked teams Utah is trash. Convenient.

Face it, you’re just as influenced by your anti-Oregon bias as I am by my pro-Oregon bias.
I don't care about Tennessee or Clemson. they are irrelevant. Alabama and flazzu are in with wins. KSU and Utah aren't comparable. and dude, I already said I think if oregon and Texas are fighting over one spot, oregon will get in. I am saying I think Texas and bama will get in if there are 2 spots vs. oregon getting in. I already explained that. you are saying oregon is in, period. so why bother arguing?

you know the bottom of the top 25 of the playoff is just committee members putting in the name brand teams right? except Tulane and liberty only because liberty in undefeated and Tulane is 11-1 and was good last year. that is literally the only reason Clemson, Tennessee, Kansas state are there. because they have recently been good the AP/corches has Toledo, James Madison, smu because they pay attention.

if I am wrong about oregon and they make the playoffs I will quote the posts from earlier this season where I was wrong. I mean Jesus fucking christ, I have been on this board 20+ years and have been wrong 100s of times. grow a spine. you threw a world class hissy fit last year when my prediction about oregon came true. you're incapable of admitting you're wrong. I've had similar bets with people on here throughout the years (@Southpaw) and similar stupid heated discussions about football with people on here I have met with in real life. get a grip.

Brick

oregon doesnt have a shot at the playoff. people jumping to REMATCH conclusions must think this the pac12 of the CROSTOBUM era. they have wazzu who they needed a miracle to beat last year, utah who has been their daddy, CALEB, and OSU who beat them with 60 pass yards last year. they would have to play perfect to run through that without a loss. aint happnin.
oh no. guess I'm gonna commit suicide now

Mame YO

slings rocks
That’s all fine. My argument is that the arguments taking place about playoff team resumes using “top 25 wins” are fucking annoying and dumb when you actually look at those teams. Texas needing OT to beat #25 KSU is somehow a flex when Utah is sitting just outside the rankings and Oregon fucking boat raced them. And it’s happening all over the place. FSU fans think they have a better strength of schedule because Clemson is ranked. Bama and Georgia fans are using Tennessee. It’s a fucking joke.

I, for one, thought that utopians would more or less agree with me on that point but instead we argued about it for 50 posts idfk mang it seems obvious to me that Utah should probably be ranked if the rest of those teams are. It’s hurting Oregon in these stupid arguments because everyone just steps right into the TROG TRAP.

bruin

Oregon definitely on the outside looking in, even if Bruin and Mame WANT TO BELIEVE. I almost can't imagine a scenario where they do get selected, lol.

Even if Texas and FSU were to lose, I could still see a scenario where 1-loss Georgia and Ohio State back in because of THE NARRATIVE - if Oregon beats Washington, then magically Washington becomes GARBAGE - whereas the opposite NARRATIVE always applies to blue bloods.

Imagine the following scenario:

1. Bama barely beats Georgia in a CLASSIC
2. Michigan destroys Iowa
3. Oregon wins
4. FSU loses
5. Texas loses

The committee selects Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, and Michigan, lol. WHY NOT? That's less crazy to me than Oregon getting selected.

After reading this postIMG_0323.jpeg

Brick

That’s all fine. My argument is that the arguments taking place about playoff team resumes using “top 25 wins” are fucking annoying and dumb when you actually look at those teams. Texas needing OT to beat #25 KSU is somehow a flex when Utah is sitting just outside the rankings and Oregon fucking boat raced them. And it’s happening all over the place. FSU fans think they have a better strength of schedule because Clemson is ranked. Bama and Georgia fans are using Tennessee. It’s a fucking joke.
according to the metrics you posted every week Kansas state = Alabama so I have changed my mind. put Texas in over oregon.

Mame YO

slings rocks
Utah and Clemson have the same statistical profile on that chart and Clemson has worse losses. Tennessee has a better offense but worse defense. KSU the best of the 4 teams being compared is fine. It doesn’t change my argument.

Brick

Utah and Clemson have the same statistical profile on that chart and Clemson has worse losses. Tennessee has a better offense but worse defense. KSU the best of the 4 teams being compared is fine.
so....were you wrong about Kansas state and Utah? or is it "fine"

Mame YO

slings rocks
Kansas state is probably the best team out of the 4 if you’re trying to power rank them. Compare their resumes though, here are the losses all next to each other. Utah is the only team that didn’t lose to an unranked team and they’re also the only team not ranked.

Kansas state has Losses to #9, #7, #18, unranked
Utah has losses to #3, #5, #15, #20
Tennessee has losses to #1, #8, #9, unranked
Clemson has losses to #4 and 3 unranked

How is Utah the only one of those teams out of the four that is unranked?