• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2040-2041 Off-Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Got payroll down to like $75m. If the CPU doesn't fill my 40 man roster I might be in the green. Attendance has to go up right?

Wolfman21

hahaha, holy shit...i just calculated my next years payroll after giving up on all the guys i'm giving up on.

47 million

Obviously i'm gonna be a buyer in free agency to fill those spots...but they won't be as expensive as what I'm losing. Damn, didn't know I got it that low.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
IFA has a few decent guys. A lot of guys that could grow into 4* players later. FA has a lot of guys still wanting 109240914102941M

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
There are lots and lots of sneaky good guys in the FA who can DH…before the DH a lot of them would be unplayable.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That's the best part about a long sim. Check your international sections. Also one of Radford's guys tore his labrum falling off a golf cart and was out for a year. I fixed that one

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That's the best part about a long sim. Check your international sections. Also one of Radford's guys tore his labrum falling off a golf cart and was out for a year. I fixed that one

Didnt sign much, but one of my guys got huge boosts. How much do you put into international?

Wolfman21

Lookin at the lineups I might throw out there this year...i'm kinda stoked to see how this season goes. If they can play up to their ratings...might be looking at a .500 season. I'm worried about my starting pitching. Might have to sign a guy or two to bolster the rotation. it just doesn't look strong.

Wolfman21

I think my big league roster is set, unless I can upgrade through free agency. Looking like I'll need to re-stock the farm system though. Its a bit depleted.

Wolfman21

@osick87

Arbitration should be completed. Free agents should be posted. International Free Agents should be posted. I believe you should be making your offers for tomorrow(to free agents). Also, scouting was updated as was financial jazz.

Wolfman21

Question...does each team have a different set of International Free Agents or are we all diving into the same pool?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Same pool, but your scout will randomly sign some throughout the year. Some can develop into solid prospects, many are just roster filler.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yup. Get ready for bidding wars. Read the fine print on the IFA screen about the tax if you spend over a certain amount.

Wolfman21

lol...another quick question.

So I brought my super-prospect, 19 year old RF Miguel Chavez, up to the majors at the end of last year. If I sent him back to AAA this year, does that still count as a year off of his clock for the $490,000 contract? Or does it only matter if he is on the 40 man roster?

Wolfman21

So if he spent the 2041 season in AAA, he would still have 2+ years of service left since he didn't come up to the majors until September...correct?

He has 27 days of major service and 29 days of 40 man service. It says he has 2 option years left.

jdlikewhoa

Basically he won't hit arbitration until the offseason after he reaches 3 years of major service. I think a player hits arb if he's in the top 20% of service time regardless of how many years of major service he has though (I think... I don't really remember what kicks that in).

Option years are used when you send a guy back down to the minors. Last year counted as an option year because he was demoted to AAA. Once a player uses his option years you'll have to pass him through waivers in order to demote him.

All or none of this could be correct.
ihavenoideawhatimdoingthread_06af9676f192d84f17cf5a5816dc7523.jpg

Wolfman21

sounds right atleast. I'll prolly move him to AAA to start the season. The next time I promote him will be for good anyways. He could just use a little more seasoning (hes only 19 for cripes sake)

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I keep missing arb negotiating and the opportunity to non-tender, so basically my budget is screwed. Once they get arb you can't non-tender, right?

Some years we're in the playoffs for like a month, this year it flew.

Edit: well the end of the playoffs flew.

Wolfman21

I keep missing arb negotiating and the opportunity to non-tender, so basically my budget is screwed. Once they get arb you can't non-tender, right?

the final series was played in one night, lol

NML

luhhh all these team threads. IMMERSION!

Not sure if I can get back into the playoffs this season. Might be a seller, with a couple stars on one year deals (LF Henry Brown, SP Daniel 'Boone' Caine).

NML

I've got probably two too many outfielders, they are available

Henry Brown, LF - All star selection last season, nearly a 7 WAR, making $16 million this upcoming season on the last year of his deal. If you've got the cap space and want to win this season, here's ur man. @jdlikewhoa

Aad Aalbers, RF - Switch hitter who can play either corner outfield spot, he's still in arbitration and is making $5 million the upcoming year. He made the jump last year from rotation guy to good starter. Around a 3 WAR. Good team contract guy who might get even better.

I think it was @doh who was looking for a LH DH? Brown is an option, but so is Jasper Louter - he had a down year last season, but he was a stud the previous two. Louter is a slightly cheaper option than Brown.

There's a couple guys I'm not really looking to sell, but if people were interested I could make a deal work:

- Theodore Godfrey, CL : extremely consistent, elite closer
- Daniel 'Banjo' Caine, SP : went the wrong way last year dealing with injuries, but probably has one elite year left. Making $20m doe.

Brown and Caine would be getting similar returns, with Aalbers, Louter, and Godfrey requiring less. I'm really looking for young pitching, whether its WBL-ready or not. Also love getting high picks in return.

jdlikewhoa

I've got probably two too many outfielders, they are available

Henry Brown, LF - All star selection last season, nearly a 7 WAR, making $16 million this upcoming season on the last year of his deal. If you've got the cap space and want to win this season, here's ur man. @jdlikewhoa

Aad Aalbers, RF - Switch hitter who can play either corner outfield spot, he's still in arbitration and is making $5 million the upcoming year. He made the jump last year from rotation guy to good starter. Around a 3 WAR. Good team contract guy who might get even better.

I think it was @doh who was looking for a LH DH? Brown is an option, but so is Jasper Louter - he had a down year last season, but he was a stud the previous two. Louter is a slightly cheaper option than Brown.

There's a couple guys I'm not really looking to sell, but if people were interested I could make a deal work:

- Theodore Godfrey, CL : extremely consistent, elite closer
- Daniel 'Banjo' Caine, SP : went the wrong way last year dealing with injuries, but probably has one elite year left. Making $20m doe.

Brown and Caine would be getting similar returns, with Aalbers, Louter, and Godfrey requiring less. I'm really looking for young pitching, whether its WBL-ready or not. Also love getting high picks in return.

I'll take Brown off your hands. Will give you a 5th rd pick in return.

jdlikewhoa

You can have a 4th and 5th and I'll take Brown and Caine from you. You got Brown for nothing. And they're rentals. Not really worth that much.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

Whachu tom bout rad? You exported in the arb sim so how did you miss it?

NML

You can have a 4th and 5th and I'll take Brown and Caine from you. You got Brown for nothing. And they're rentals. Not really worth that much.

It's not my fault you didn't want him anymore, although until this moment I forgot that it was you I made the trade with :laughing:

If a team is making a push, they are definitely worth something. 4th and 5th round picks are completely useless

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
It's not my fault you didn't want him anymore, although until this moment I forgot that it was you I made the trade with :laughing:

If a team is making a push, they are definitely worth something. 4th and 5th round picks are completely useless

You get anything higher than a 3rd for either of those and I'll be surprised. Also 4ths are still useful if you draft right, I think I got a serviceable guy in the 3rd that is progressing nicely. I've seen early 4ths that can at least be back-ups. My trade motto is "A back-up for me could be a starter for you"

jdlikewhoa

You get anything higher than a 3rd for either of those and I'll be surprised. Also 4ths are still useful if you draft right, I think I got a serviceable guy in the 3rd that is progressing nicely. I've seen early 4ths that can at least be back-ups. My trade motto is "A back-up for me could be a starter for you"

Thanks OU for helping bring @NML back down to earth