• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
That's just the culture of the game now a days. You can find clips of almost every elite player putting their head down and flailing around like one of those crazy inflatable tube mans.

giphy.gif
Agreed but the real issue is the officials not officiating the defense but rather the reasonre of the offense

Reel

Community Liaison
I'll translate I think @Reel is trying to say it's not officiating on the defensive end but officials not calling egregious abuse of flopping around and attempting to draw fouls on the offensive end.
Yes, thank you

Or another way to put it, if you and Sayo are playing, and sayo is guarding you. I've been taught to see what sayo did wrong as the defender. Once I have an understanding of what the defense can/can't do, it makes it easier to spot when the offense violates the defender.

Are you familiar with the rules of verticality?

sayo

YEET
Yes, thank you

Or another way to put it, if you and Sayo are playing, and sayo is guarding you. I've been taught to see what sayo did wrong as the defender. Once I have an understanding of what the defense can/can't do, it makes it easier to spot when the offense violates the defender.

Are you familiar with the rules of verticality?
I know these words. Thanks.

Reel

Community Liaison
You said "reasonre of the offense". I've watched basketball my whole life and English is my only language. I don't know what that means.
I'm sorry, my keyboard does coke and will just change the word to something else. I'm usually able to catch it but my fault for the confusion because of the errors

NML

Simmons has looked AWFUL for 6.5 quarters of this series. Getting completely outplayed by Scary Terry

NML

Game changed when Simmons came back in and Embiid picked up his fifth

What is Simmons ceiling? A taller Rondo? He’s looked so bad.

Stevens and Ainge still the GOAT and the Celtics are going to the finals every season for the next twenty years

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Game changed when Simmons came back in and Embiid picked up his fifth

What is Simmons ceiling? A taller Rondo? He’s looked so bad.

Stevens and Ainge still the GOAT and the Celtics are going to the finals every season for the next twenty years

When he plays at his best he's insanely good, but he's still young and because he can't shoot his game is nullified if a team knows how to play team defense. Given Corch Stevens is one of the best in the league, it doesn't surprise me. His ceiling is someone who can do everything at will except hit a shot outside of 18 feet. If he learns to shoot then he'll do what he wants.

Reel

Community Liaison
While I think the ROY should still be split, it's clear Mitchell is out playing Simmons right now in the post season

evil1

When he plays at his best he's insanely good, but he's still young and because he can't shoot his game is nullified if a team knows how to play team defense. Given Corch Stevens is one of the best in the league, it doesn't surprise me. His ceiling is someone who can do everything at will except hit a shot outside of 18 feet. If he learns to shoot then he'll do what he wants.

Pretty much agree with this except that Simmons right now can barely shoot beyond 10 feet. In today's NBA, I don't think you can be a great player (much less a great PG) without at least the threat of a 3pt shot.

Reel

Community Liaison
Aaron Rodgers should have won rookie of the year in 2008 when he finally got to play.
ok

lol

i agree with you :dunno:

sounds like your gripe is with the NBA

This was the same discussion when Blake Griffin won it in his second year

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
So now Reel isn't at the bar eh

Reel

Community Liaison
the NBA will surpass the NFL in the next 5 years if not sooner

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Man, I hated Rondo when he was in the C's, now that he's on the Pels I really like the guy