• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
tumblr_p8e0t35XXb1r0jlbgo1_1280.jpg

MSUFanatic

Paul has been elite this series. He has outplayed Harden by a long shot.

[xtable=972x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=91x@}Player{/td}
{td=190x@}MP/G{/td}
{td=176x@}PTS/G{/td}
{td=70x@}TRB/G{/td}
{td=210x@}AST/G{/td}
{td=85x@}STL/G{/td}
{td=86x@}BLK/G{/td}
{td=64x@}TO/G{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}James Harden{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}5.2{/td}
{td}7.4{/td}
{td}2.2{/td}
{td}0.2{/td}
{td}3.4{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Chris Paul{/td}
{td}34.2{/td}
{td}24.6{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}6.2{/td}
{td}2.2{/td}
{td}0.2{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

giphy.gif

Bdub

[xtable=972x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=91x@}Player{/td}
{td=190x@}MP/G{/td}
{td=176x@}PTS/G{/td}
{td=70x@}TRB/G{/td}
{td=210x@}AST/G{/td}
{td=85x@}STL/G{/td}
{td=86x@}BLK/G{/td}
{td=64x@}TO/G{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}James Harden{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}5.2{/td}
{td}7.4{/td}
{td}2.2{/td}
{td}0.2{/td}
{td}3.4{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Chris Paul{/td}
{td}34.2{/td}
{td}24.6{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}6.2{/td}
{td}2.2{/td}
{td}0.2{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

giphy.gif
I think that is for the whole playoffs. If you noticed I said this series.

Bdub

It is not
Games 4 and 5 Paul was way better than Harden. First couple of games Harden was better. That being said you know there is way more to basketball than numbers. If you watched the games, you would know Paul closed out the close games and was the difference in the game.

MSUFanatic

Games 4 and 5 Paul was way better than Harden. First couple of games Harden was better. That being said you know there is way more to basketball than numbers. If you watched the games, you would know Paul closed out the close games and was the difference in the game.

upload_2018-5-9_14-56-37.jpeg

There's absolutely context, but your statement was "Paul has outplayed Harden by a longshot" is just a flat out incorrect along with your continuation of anecdotal evidence to push narratives.

If you want to build a case about Paul being better use evidence instead of well my eye ballz tell me so.

sayo

YEET
The funny thing is that I probably hate Harden more than bdub but I'm stuck defending him cause he can't at least admit that he's a great player.

MSUFanatic

Also FTR,

Here's dat Game 4 where Chris Paul WAS WAY better than Harden.

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=147x@}Name{/td}
{td=64x@}MP{/td}
{td=64x@}FG{/td}
{td=64x@}FGA{/td}
{td=64x@}FG%{/td}
{td=64x@}3P{/td}
{td=64x@}3PA{/td}
{td=64x@}3P%{/td}
{td=64x@}FT{/td}
{td=64x@}FTA{/td}
{td=64x@}FT%{/td}
{td=64x@}ORB{/td}
{td=64x@}DRB{/td}
{td=64x@}TRB{/td}
{td=64x@}AST{/td}
{td=64x@}STL{/td}
{td=64x@}BLK{/td}
{td=64x@}TOV{/td}
{td=64x@}PF{/td}
{td=64x@}PTS{/td}
{td=64x@}+/-{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}James Harden{/td}
{td}36:24:00{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}0.364{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}0.143{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{td}0.875{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}0{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Chris Paul{/td}
{td}35:16:00{/td}
{td}12{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}0.522{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}0.167{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}12{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Gotta watch dat context doh. I'll give @Bdub this though. CP3 was significantly better than Harden last night while he was under the weather in which CP3 might have had one of the better NBA playoff games period.

With co-star James Harden under the weather, Paul had perhaps his best postseason performance in his 86th career playoff game. He scored a career-playoff-high 41 points, dished out 10 assists and grabbed seven rebounds. According to Elias Sports Bureau, it was the first 40-point, 10-assist, no-turnover playoff line since turnovers became an official stat 40 years ago.

I guess if you put more value into a player's overall performance based on a series clinching game, then yes Chris Paul has out performed Harden by a longshot, otherwise it's not really true.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
The important thing to recognize is that when Harden struggles, Paul picks up the slack accordingly and it looks like a pretty damn good formula. Very excited for the WCF

Bdub

I do think he is a great player. Even the MVP this year. The question I still have is can he get it done in the playoffs when they stop calling all his stupid flops? He won't get nearly as many calls against Golden State.

NML

Got the C’s to win the series at -425. They are as likely as any team in history to blow a 3-0 lead, but that’s still a shocking line considering two of the three are at home and they haven’t lost at home all playoffs - only one home loss in the past two months.

NML

In other news, Chris Paul finally made the conference finals!!!

Anthony Davis takes the crown of “best player to never make it past the second round” now

NML

Celtics shooting FTs the rest of the way and Philly with only two timeouts make me feel better despite blowing the third

NML

lol get fucked Embiid. Shit talks all series while his team got waxed by the Celtics B roster, and can’t score on “random seven footer” in the clutch. I think he was in the locker room before Smart’s throw landed

STEVENS AND AINGE THE GOAT

NML

This season has been crazy, especially with injuries and surprise teams like Toronto and Portland...

... and it’s still Houston/GS and Cavs/C’s like everyone other than sayo predicted

evil1

Maybe the most impressive thing about the Celtics season is that virtually every player they needed to step their game up has delivered. The Celtics replaced 4 of their top 8 players from last year's playoff team, including their top 2 scorers. Yet, Jaylen Brown and Rozier both significantly improved over last year and Tatum of course has been huge. I don't know if they have any players who have underachieved.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm glad we played 82 games and 2 rounds of playoffs to get down to the 4 teams everyone thought we'd get down to before the 82 games and 2 rounds were played.