• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2017-18 NBA Thread

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
  • The Cavs lack of defense will be their undoing and the Toronto Raptors will show that their #1 seed was no fluke and will win the ECF.
HJmNXRN.gif

Bdub

Harden is completely unwatchable. The fouls he gets are insane. Crazy he has shot over 1k free throws more than any other player in the last 3 years.

Bdub

Since you get a foul for being within 2 feet of Harden, at what do you not just foul the shit out of him. Touch the ball you are on your ass.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon

I think @Bdub asks a good question. Assume for a moment that his comment comes from someone not playing against Harden right now. A Magic fan, so to speak. If you're gonna get a foul anyway, why not make him feel it and second guess whether it's worth it or not? Or is there a better way to defend against that? No need to be a thug, but make him feel it, too. Kind of like letting a QB know you are there without getting a Roughing penalty or hitting him in the head.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I think @Bdub asks a good question. Assume for a moment that his comment comes from someone not playing against Harden right now. A Magic fan, so to speak. If you're gonna get a foul anyway, why not make him feel it and second guess whether it's worth it or not? Or is there a better way to defend against that? No need to be a thug, but make him feel it, too. Kind of like letting a QB know you are there without getting a Roughing penalty or hitting him in the head.

There was a time when you could do that but now it's a flagrant 2 or a technical so nobody does it.

Bdub

There was a time when you could do that but now it's a flagrant 2 or a technical so nobody does it.
Not really, Houston guy smacked Ingles in the face last night and only got a flagrant 1. No reason why you can't give him a good hard foul.

NML

How would you stop him?

Harden went 8-22, with only 24 points and “only” eight free throws. They lost by 13 at home

I don’t think harden getting calls is the issue here

Bdub

Nobody said it was the only thing that killed the Jazz. Mostly their lack of point guard is what killed them in that game.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Harden went 8-22, with only 24 points and “only” eight free throws. They lost by 13 at home

I don’t think harden getting calls is the issue here

My question was more general and not specifically about last night.

I think a big key to Houston's dominance in Salt Lake has been how Harden has played the game. I didn't see all of last night, but early in Game 3 he was really setting up the D and distributing the ball. To Houston's credit, they hit their shots. If Harden wanted to go RUSS and take 40+ shots, I have no doubt he could. But he's found the way to win and allow himself to rest as much as he can for the next round where he'll be needed a lot more.

Bdub

My question was more general and not specifically about last night.

I think a big key to Houston's dominance in Salt Lake has been how Harden has played the game. I didn't see all of last night, but early in Game 3 he was really setting up the D and distributing the ball. To Houston's credit, they hit their shots. If Harden wanted to go RUSS and take 40+ shots, I have no doubt he could. But he's found the way to win and allow himself to rest as much as he can for the next round where he'll be needed a lot more.
Notice he just ignored you. He likes to mock people, but doesn't really have anything useful to say in the end.

NML

Notice he just ignored you. He likes to mock people, but doesn't really have anything useful to say in the end.

lol neither of those comments warranted a response. JN basically said “Harden is a great player and that’s why they are going to win.” That’s the right take.

You were bitching about the calls this whole series and how Harden gets away with everything. Jazz shut him down, he doesn’t get his normal calls, he has a below average game, and they lose by 13 at home. You still bitch about the calls

MSUFanatic

This. The only misstep the NBA has made in the playoffs is scheduling both Eastern Conference games and both Western Conference games on the same night leading to some funky start times.

I mean they gotta get those East games finished so that TNT can go back to their reruns of Bones and Charmed.

NML

I don’t agree with the “Raptors should blow it up” take. If Lebron heads West the east is wide open. Sixers have two great pieces but they have a ton of shooting to replace. Celtics are the early favorites but you never know how Hayward and Kyrie will come back.

They will win 50+ games again next year and there’s value in that. Feel the same way about the Blazers. Teams like the Hornets and Heat, who are stuck with no cap flexibility and 30-40 win territory, should blow it up.