• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2064 OFF SEASON THREAD

kingssc

My Lisbon questions:

Do I bring Hodgson up to start the year or do I let him get some more AAA reps? What about Don Johnson who I just drafted, who may already have hit his potential?

Should have a halfway decent rotation, but don't think the bats are going to be there yet.

Still think I'm a year or two from competing, but starting to build up that minor league system.

How long do I leave Love Machine in Wooly's INT farm where he's probably not spending any money on development before putting him on my A squad (just turned 17).

NML

Am I gonna get to play

giphy.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
My Lisbon questions:

Do I bring Hodgson up to start the year or do I let him get some more AAA reps? What about Don Johnson who I just drafted, who may already have hit his potential?

Should have a halfway decent rotation, but don't think the bats are going to be there yet.

Still think I'm a year or two from competing, but starting to build up that minor league system.

How long do I leave Love Machine in Wooly's INT farm where he's probably not spending any money on development before putting him on my A squad (just turned 17).
I was going to ask if you were going to bring up Hodgson and Gallegos

Wolfman21

biggest challenge facing the Bulls is going to be the middle infield. Sha has been a career bench type guy and Andres' ratings have died. Not sure Andres is going to be the .260/.320/.450 type guy hes been the last couple years. If he isnt, gonna need some contributions from youngins like Utbah and Malyukov

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I dont even know if i was bidding against anyone, lol. I just added like 2 mil every night

I was bidding on both him and Chavez, kind of hoping to platoon them. Sha got too rich for my blood, so I overpaid Chavez since he's a lefty and can platoon with PACO THE SOFT TACO. I'm going to have to try some interesting shit to get the lineups to work with three platoons, but I think it should work since in 2 of the platoons the off player will be 4th OF or utility IF.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Las Vegas questions:

-- How long with I sacrifice defense for offense (Rodriguez to LF, Hernandez to 1B) and how much of an overall effect will it have?

-- Who is the #5SP? Will just throwing out there an organizational arm really effect the W/L that much?

-- Can Steele be shut down and Can Son have a bounce back year? Did Son leading the league in games pitched 6 of the last 8 years just destroy his arm?

-- Will Rodriguez return to being the top batting average guy in the league or was last year's drop off a sign of what's to come?

kingssc

I was going to ask if you were going to bring up Hodgson and Gallegos
Still trying to decide. I'm assuming it will take them longer to develop in the majors vs. the minors (they both got a bit too grow), but Hodgson especially seems ready, he's tearing up the ball in ST as well.

doh

You could Kris Bryant them too. Hodgson looks like he's already a top 20 player in the NL but a bit of room to grow.

IMO there's a learning curve in the majors and the quicker you get it out of the way the better. I think guys learn quicker in the majors vs. minors but you might mess them up if you bring them up too quick. I also think it depends on if you think you'll make the playoffs easy. If you think so, I'd Kris Bryant him. If not, I'd play him from the start.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
You could Kris Bryant them too. Hodgson looks like he's already a top 20 player in the NL but a bit of room to grow.

IMO there's a learning curve in the majors and the quicker you get it out of the way the better. I think guys learn quicker in the majors vs. minors but you might mess them up if you bring them up too quick. I also think it depends on if you think you'll make the playoffs easy. If you think so, I'd Kris Bryant him. If not, I'd play him from the start.

Since ur giving great advice for free, you think I should Kris Bryant McLain or start him from Day One? The guys I have that are catchers other than McLain are either defense only guys (that bum I waiver claimed from you), some out-of-options 2TO donk, and the 20th Hijacker (read: not a catcher). The guys in FA were too pricey for me and I figured McLain is pretty close to ready (power being the last to develop).

I'm going for the ultimate PLATOON OVERDOSE at 1B/C/DH/LF/PH this season since I have 4011 guys under contract that can't play a position so McLain is going to get playing time at 1B and DH too. We're definitely not a lock for the coveted fourth seed unless I swing a trade for a starter before the end of April so his bat and catching ability would be a huge help.

Also, anyone with starting pitching in rebuild looking to get some of my IFA magic - hit me up. All of my starters (including Nelson) are likely going to be worse this season so I need ur help. Come fleece me babby.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Still trying to decide. I'm assuming it will take them longer to develop in the majors vs. the minors (they both got a bit too grow), but Hodgson especially seems ready, he's tearing up the ball in ST as well.
He is ready. He will do well right away IMO. Gallegos probably too, but that's your call if you need pitching.

doh

Since ur giving great advice for free, you think I should Kris Bryant McLain or start him from Day One? The guys I have that are catchers other than McLain are either defense only guys (that bum I waiver claimed from you), some out-of-options 2TO donk, and the 20th Hijacker (read: not a catcher). The guys in FA were too pricey for me and I figured McLain is pretty close to ready (power being the last to develop).

I'm going for the ultimate PLATOON OVERDOSE at 1B/C/DH/LF/PH this season since I have 4011 guys under contract that can't play a position so McLain is going to get playing time at 1B and DH too. We're definitely not a lock for the coveted fourth seed unless I swing a trade for a starter before the end of April so his bat and catching ability would be a huge help.

Also, anyone with starting pitching in rebuild looking to get some of my IFA magic - hit me up. All of my starters (including Nelson) are likely going to be worse this season so I need ur help. Come fleece me babby.
I'd let him simmer a bit. Artie Jones is good and McLean's D is probably maxed out but I think catchers can learn a bit more. Like reel life, it seems like the game has made them take longer to develop and get to their peaks. But I think by mid year, he will be ready (and I'll be pissed I traded him to you still).

kingssc

Because I'm too lazy to research and this is like we're at the bar, how long would I need to wait to Kris Bryant him?

doh

There is no exact answer I don't think. June would be safe.
Well to "Kris Bryant" him (delay FA by a year), you just have to make sure he doesn't get a full season of service time. I think you could delay him coming up by two sims to make it happen, but I'd do 3 or 4 to be safe.

To make sure he isn't a Super 2, I wouldn't bring a guy up until mid July.