• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2064 OFF SEASON THREAD

Wooly

What kind of sauce is that on the bottom two?

Love that you have the onions on there.

JAR201166

Went back for more and had 4 brats tonight for extra luck. Looks like it'll be brats on the menu again tomorrow

17796649_10103565748488433_1136208685146756740_n.jpg
That would end my life

NML

For me:

1) Do I go with the up and comers or the stop gap veterans? That's all over the field. Arkell vs Cyclone at first, Alvarado vs Wishev at short, McBride vs Kim at third. I think Alvarado will win SS, but the vets take the other two.

2) Finalizing the rotation. Fresh off signing a 1 year deal, Seguin takes a ratings drop. Bummer. He'll likely start as my #5, but Castro may be ready to take it over. His spring will be interesting, and I think the most likely scenario is that he becomes the long relief guy out of the bullpen until he's ready in a year. Then there's the order - Rubio is #1, but I think Duce might be #2. Arce and Poet are great, but both are slipping.

3) Does Salinas finally break out? He climbed from a 1.1 WAR first year to 2.7 last after getting hot after the trade deadline. But is that his ceiling? Or can he be a 3-4 WAR guy?

I'm thinking I'll be a borderline playoff team again. My pitching should be one of the best, and if my young guys are ready, I'll sneak in.

1) Arkell won the first baseman job, as expected. Cyclone had a solid spring though, and his 1B rating bumped up to 25 already (will probably cap around 45-50), so great start there. One season in AAA and another spring at first and I think he'll be okay. McBride had a shit spring, but Kim was even worse. He definitely needs another year. McBride will platoon. And I also decided to platoon Wishev and Alvarado. Both had good springs which is encouraging. Could be a 3-4 WAR combo if they keep it up.

2) Rubio had a great spring and is our ace. Duce was excellent to and takes the #2 spot. The surprise of the spring was Castro, who had a 1.13 ERA over four starts. His concern is his control, which isn't fully developed yet - he had 6 walks in 16 innings. Not good, but his stuff is elite and he may be an Arce clone for me this season. Arce somehow led the league in K's and BB's last season. He takes the #3 spot while Poet is the #4. Seguin did as well as you'd expect a 40 year old to do. The Seguin/Castro battle will continue, but both start in the bullpen while I go with a 4-man rotation for the opening sim. After that, we'll have to add one of them in.

3) Salinas hit nearly .300 in the spring, but the pop wasn't there yet. Assuming it comes around, I think he'll level off around .800 OPS and hopefully a respectable glove. Good enough for 3 WARS WON

My prediction remains the same. With a great pitching staff top to bottom, solid gloves all over the field (Salinas will likely be my only - ZR player), we will be near the top in runs allowed. Then it's just a matter of how many runs can we manufacture. A lot may depend on if Mayday goes back to his All-Star numbers or if he continues to trend downward. He and Roupeira are the only two bats who can consistently get on base for us.

Wolfman21

1) Arkell won the first baseman job, as expected. Cyclone had a solid spring though, and his 1B rating bumped up to 25 already (will probably cap around 45-50), so great start there. One season in AAA and another spring at first and I think he'll be okay. McBride had a shit spring, but Kim was even worse. He definitely needs another year. McBride will platoon. And I also decided to platoon Wishev and Alvarado. Both had good springs which is encouraging. Could be a 3-4 WAR combo if they keep it up.

2) Rubio had a great spring and is our ace. Duce was excellent to and takes the #2 spot. The surprise of the spring was Castro, who had a 1.13 ERA over four starts. His concern is his control, which isn't fully developed yet - he had 6 walks in 16 innings. Not good, but his stuff is elite and he may be an Arce clone for me this season. Arce somehow led the league in K's and BB's last season. He takes the #3 spot while Poet is the #4. Seguin did as well as you'd expect a 40 year old to do. The Seguin/Castro battle will continue, but both start in the bullpen while I go with a 4-man rotation for the opening sim. After that, we'll have to add one of them in.

3) Salinas hit nearly .300 in the spring, but the pop wasn't there yet. Assuming it comes around, I think he'll level off around .800 OPS and hopefully a respectable glove. Good enough for 3 WARS WON

My prediction remains the same. With a great pitching staff top to bottom, solid gloves all over the field (Salinas will likely be my only - ZR player), we will be near the top in runs allowed. Then it's just a matter of how many runs can we manufacture. A lot may depend on if Mayday goes back to his All-Star numbers or if he continues to trend downward. He and Roupeira are the only two bats who can consistently get on base for us.

80 stuff, 40 control

Yes...somehow

Wolfman21

Serious question...when are we planning on makin the move to 18? Im prolly gonna go ahead and drop coin on it tonight. Lookin forward to some of the updates it brings. Is this somethin we may do after the 2064 season?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Its cool man. Keep searchin for that unicorn that nobody would trade you.

Looking though the players with contact and CF defense of at least 60 there's really not much out there - two guys @Wooly has and Balbuena. Dropping contact down to 50 gets you more options but, to me, that's not an upgrade to me.

Last edited:

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
That's the worst gif you've ever posted, and the bar was pretty high. I just had a seizure at my desk.

Also, I went into the season with 1B being the obvious weakness in the team. So obviously, EMILIO Flores has put up almost 2 WARS in the first month, batting .500. :laughing:

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_10837.html

I always liked the $10M Man, glad to see he's still making miracles happen. His number will be retired for his heroics in 2059 once he's done with the game.

RE: worst gif, I actually meant to post this:

giphy.gif