• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2016-17 Coaching Hot Seat/ Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Butch will either be gone next year, or he'll have some miracle 10 win year where he gets crushed in the SEC championship game by Bama but gets a Kirk Ferentz-like contract extension. And then they'll suck for 4 years but won't have the money to fire him.
They have the money to fire him if they want to. Up until December, they were still paying Dooley over 100k a month! At least that tool is finally off the books.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...p-forbes-most-valuable-college-football-teams

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Rank{/td}
{td}Program{/td}
{td}Value{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td}Texas Longhorns{/td}
{td}$152 million{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Notre Dame Fighting Irish{/td}
{td}$127 million{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Tennessee Volunteers{/td}
{td}$121 million{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td}LSU Tigers{/td}
{td}$111 million{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}Michigan Wolverines{/td}
{td}$105 million{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}Georgia Bulldogs{/td}
{td}$102 million{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}7{/td}
{td}Ohio State Buckeyes{/td}
{td}$100 million{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}8{/td}
{td}Alabama Crimson Tide{/td}
{td}$99 million{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}9{/td}
{td}Oklahoma Sooners{/td}
{td}$96 million{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}10{/td}
{td}Auburn Tigers{/td}
{td}$89 million{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Brick

Sure buddy.

Butch is going to get fired because he's a shitty coach. Who cares if you can recruit if your teams are consistently mediocre (like Jones, Hoke, any USC coach post Carroll, etc.)? Don't tag me with that fuckshit.
Uh, that's the point.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I don't dismiss recruiting overall at all. I dismiss recruiting rankings as a constant explanation for why a coach is succeeding or failing at a particular school. Schools like Michigan or Tennessee are perfect examples. It's always _____ LEFT THE CUPBOARD BARE. Unless a coach is just really, really bad at recruiting, PROGRUMS are going to be pretty consistent regardless of corch in the overall rankings/skill level of people they get. It's more important how the coach, you know, coaches them once they're in the system. And retention of said recruits. If you're expecting a coach to come in and boost your top 10 program by getting better talent in there, you're in for disappointment. Corch Jones is nearly the perfect example of this.

Look at the change in five year rank percentage in this, for example: http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ge-football-recruiting-improvement-tcu-baylor

Fair enough. And stop editing and adding in a paragraph after you post. Only @Milo should be allowed to do that.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Pretty sure the only reason y'all attribute this "press conference corch", "recruiting wizard" as the measure of success for corch Jones is due to BOC. I cut the guy some slack. The Tennessee program was in the shitter after coming off Kiffin and Dooley and the recruiting success and coach speak was a ray of hope in the life of the die hard fans. Fans were starved for any success, on or off the field and when Tennessee was rolling through the 90's, Fulmer was stacking 5 star guys in Knoxville like dixie cups. Fans just got too excited too soon.

Now the honeymoon is definitely over. His press conferences are painful as fuck and who cares how many five stars you bring in if they never amount to shit. Any coach at Tennessee will always be judged on wins and losses and attendance, period.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
That whole thing shows how stupid he really is. Just fucking admit that you didn't meet your goals, but that you are proud of your seniors because they are going to be great men and succesful in life. Instead, he gets all defensive and says winning the East wasn't a goal and they are Champions of Life. GTFO. He lost me.

He is in over his head. Tennessee is a big time football program. If they want to actually be big time on the field, then open the check book and pay a big time corch. Don't bring in some idiot who wants to get salty with the media any time they ask him a question and a corch who hires wash out corches as favors. Hey asshole, you have zero skins on the wall. You ain't Saban. Nobody is going to put up with your "be an asshole to the media" shtick.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Wat? How is pointing out his press conference failures equivalent to saying good press conferences are a predictor of success?

I was commenting of the Champions of Life debacle being an indicator of his stupidity.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I don't get why anyone, especially Minnesota, would want Les Miles.

"A guy who underperformed with elite talent and got recruits because he was the only major program in his state, one with a richer history than here? Let's get that guy so we can lock up the 4 3 star recruits Minnesota puts out every year!"

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Listening to the local homers on 1500 and they said that Les Miles actually called the UofM and paid his way up here via private jet and no one knew he was here. Couple of things hilarious about this. First, that tells you that the market for Les Miles is zero. Two, Miles must have been holed up out in Wayzata the whole time he was here and not over at the U because he'd stick out here like a sore thumb. Three, when you get turned down by the dumpster fire of the UofM with a resume like Les it might be time to consider retirement.

Brick

Meanwhile:

New Oregon football coach Willie Taggart continues to win the offseason: Issues & Answers

Craig7835

Sports Illustrated.com reports that PJ Fleck will be the new coach for Minnesota, so much for Western Michigan's hype

Renegade

Charge on!
Listening to the local homers on 1500 and they said that Les Miles actually called the UofM and paid his way up here via private jet and no one knew he was here. Couple of things hilarious about this. First, that tells you that the market for Les Miles is zero. Two, Miles must have been holed up out in Wayzata the whole time he was here and not over at the U because he'd stick out here like a sore thumb. Three, when you get turned down by the dumpster fire of the UofM with a resume like Les it might be time to consider retirement.

That's just nuts. Guy's career record is extremely good and he won a freaking natty. He got fired because he couldn't consistently beat one of the Top 5 coaches of all time. I'd gladly take him over Bert. I think given a year, the market for Les will be much improved.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
That's just nuts. Guy's career record is extremely good and he won a freaking natty. He got fired because he couldn't consistently beat one of the Top 5 coaches of all time. I'd gladly take him over Bert. I think given a year, the market for Les will be much improved.

Les is generally regarded as responsible for LSU's comically and consistently bad offensive performance, and not really responsible for LSU's consistently good defensive performance, and I think that's got some merit. Miles was fired not only because he couldn't beat Saban for 4-5 years, but also because he started losing to Ole Miss and Arkansas consistently also. It's not unprecedented for a formerly successful SEC coach to be shut out of coaching, Les Miles might be in the Philip Fulmer phase of his career.

Brick

Just look at how many great NFL offensive players have come from LSU in the past 10 seasons, particularly at RB and WR, the lack of success of LSU's offense over the years, and then imagine how bad that offense will look with Minnesota's talent. Maybe he has seen the light and would hire a spread offensive coordinator (Crowton's first year was great), or someone who can coach QBs, but if his past is any indication he will not hand over the controls to the offense. There's almost nothing to get excited about over Les outside of the fact that he seems to be a great human being. He is old and likely will not excite the fans or get more butts in seats. The only school I see hiring him is some puckered AD who, even if Les fails, will be able to say that he hired a nashnul shampship winning corch with a proven history of winning. It's not a risky hire in that sense.

Craig7835

@Southpaw

Butch Jones only signs of relevance was when he took over 2 programs that his BOY Lying Brian Kelly had(Central Michigan & Cincinnati )& not to mention the hype machine known ESPN was bragging about the "exciting offense he ran", which to me in my opinion is a What Have You Done For Me Lately offense.

Tennessee hasn't been the same since they cut ties with Fulmer after that 5-7 season he had along with other issues. There is a saying about You get what you pay for & right now the Vols are paying for it with the stupidity of Jones. Every time I see his team on TV, I just kindly flip over to play my PS4. They are not a fun team to watch anymore

Lightningwar

Administrator
Just look at how many great NFL offensive players have come from LSU in the past 10 seasons, particularly at RB and WR, the lack of success of LSU's offense over the years, and then imagine how bad that offense will look with Minnesota's talent. Maybe he has seen the light and would hire a spread offensive coordinator (Crowton's first year was great), or someone who can coach QBs, but if his past is any indication he will not hand over the controls to the offense. There's almost nothing to get excited about over Les outside of the fact that he seems to be a great human being. He is old and likely will not excite the fans or get more butts in seats. The only school I see hiring him is some puckered AD who, even if Les fails, will be able to say that he hired a nashnul shampship winning corch with a proven history of winning. It's not a risky hire in that sense.

Have you watched the B1G on offense? Most of the teams are LSU's offense like they have 35 pound weights on their feet. You don't have 3 top 10 teams from the same division go and lose their bowl games because of prolific offense.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Have you watched the B1G on offense? Most of the teams are LSU's offense like they have 35 pound weights on their feet. You don't have 2 top 10 teams from the same division go and lose their bowl games because of prolific offense.

Fixed that for you. Don't think that the offense was to blame for PSU's loss in the Rose Bowl.

-YTC

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Those moral victories are really piling up for you. Ironic.

Wat8.jpg

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Curious if Kelly wasnt interested in the Oregon job because he thought he would be with the 49ers next year. Or if he really wasnt interested.
Why would he want to go to Oregon? He's already making tons and tons of money. He doesn't have anything to prove there. He won as much as you can there. No reason for him to go there IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.