• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2060 Season Thread

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Never seen my offense so efficient in the playoffs...even in the 2048 championship run.

My pitching this season wasn't great but it wasn't awful either so I hope you guys go out there and light up the score board against BORG. It'd be nice to see Kievit get another ring.

I am curious - how often have we had guys get suspended for talking trash in the press? Gadd wasn't going to save us but him getting suspended three games for media comments certainly didn't help. @Yankee151 any idea on this?

Wolfman21

Was 14-20 against miami and ndr in regular season. 8-3 against them in the playoffs. still dont have a .500 combined record against them on the season as a whole but we in the world series about to get wrecked by borg baby!

Wolfman21

@Orlando...i exported so if you could take that before simming i'd appreciate it. Otherwise, i'm ready for games whenever. Wife is going to see pride and prejudice tonight so i'm gonna be sitting around on my ass enjoying single life for a few hours where i do absolutely nothing

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I agree with radpants. I don't mind losing as long as I don't get swept, hell I'm practically excited about losing these days! LONGER OFF SEASON FOR DOUGLASS! We should ban sweeps in the winter meetings.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
all series should be 9 games long, 9 games at home for the higher seed in the non world series games. Then the 4 seeds will really be underdogs and automatically win 5-0!

Wolfman21

tying run was thrown out at 3rd on a flyout as he was trying to tag up. The same fucktard that was thrown out trying to steal 3rd after stealing 2nd the game before. All this with my best batter coming up...AFTER my 65 control reliever walked 3 batters in a row to blow an 8th inning lead

Wooly

tying run was thrown out at 3rd on a flyout as he was trying to tag up. The same fucktard that was thrown out trying to steal 3rd after stealing 2nd the game before. All this with my best batter coming up...AFTER my 65 control reliever walked 3 batters in a row to blow an 8th inning lead

He was trying to channel his inner Jean Segura.

Wolfman21

Moran definitely the dude. only allowed 3 runs the entire playoffs...and 2 of those were in one swing of the bat in the first inning of game 5. Went 8 innings on 74 pitches :laughing:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Welp. Blanks decided to void his PO and Freek used his opt out. Guess they didn't want to keep the band together.

Wolfman21

man...basically anyone with over 60 contact is gone......Yard Man, Booker, Spoon.

Biggest decision is if i wanna keep Bish on a 20 mil contract or not

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I wouldn't keep Bish. Especially if you think you are going to have a couple down years.

Wolfman21

so i deleted my emails before making a choice on what to do with the option years...is there a way to make a decision on whether to execute or void thats not in the emails?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
so i deleted my emails before making a choice on what to do with the option years...is there a way to make a decision on whether to execute or void thats not in the emails?
No. You'll have to redownload the sim.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I'm going to need a new scout, but first a couple of words about my old scout who just retired:

Howard Ross was the old Moscow and Key West scout with @Wendell Gee, who was turned into a robot at some point and has been going ever since. He later spent some time with Istanbul and finally decided to leave the game of baseball for good. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to ever grab a world series ring in his career.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Doing my semiannual check of the TAGG Personality column. Today's entry "Exudes that blue glow of purpose". Clearly the game is talking about his LEADERSHIP!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Oh boy I have big breaking news that's going to mess @Lloyd Carr's day up.

Since the draft date was moved back a couple of prospects fell through the cracks where they weren't drafted (never uploaded to the site because they missed the cutoff, being 21/18 by 10/1/60. I believe our in game draft was on something like the 14th of October (if it had hit Halloween THE SWEDE would've become a FA)

Anyways, one of the best SP prospects of next year's class, Miami SP Jehan Hjorth, happened to fall through the cracks. He was one of two staff aces for Miami(COL) and is an awesome prospect with few flaws. It looks like Buffalo scooped him up.

Granted, Lloyd did offer a bonus, at $2M, and I don't find any malice (da mos pressure), but I still think Hjorth should either be returned to Miami(COL) or just made to wander the shadow realm until next year's draft. For reference, Buffalo has the 1-2 next draft and I had Hjorth pegged to go no later than pick 6, so he's basically getting a 2nd 1st rounder for free. At minimum, if returning him to Miami(COL) and having him be redrafted isn't possible, I recommend making him a free agent and allowing everyone to bid on him, as he was basically signed in between playoff sims.

Anyways, feel free to proceed as planned, but I thought I'd bring this up at least

And of course if the argument is that the draft pool just had different standards for this year, then Buffalo can take Kim Ngoc (or Brian Brown) from me and I'll take Jehan Hjorth because he would've been easily the best SP in this draft and probably wouldn't have lasted past the top 5.

Last edited:

Lloyd Carr

He already was a free agent. Everyone could have bid on him.

Not my fault youll werent paying attention.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
He was a free agent in between playoff sims. My offer stands though, I'll give you Brown for Hjorth since he should've been available at 1-3!