• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

General OOTP Observations Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Wat? Bruin lives in OC and I think 228 is in like AR or something...

But anyway, are we doing a '17 league? That's the only way I'm buying the game, and I don't know how far down the pecking order I am to take over a team on '16, so I need an easy in.
We will move to '17 at some point

You are fairly high on the pecking order, but can you only play until Sept?

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Probably because there are a few people who would probably want to play but can't because the league is full.

I'd be fine if those guys wanted to do a different type of league until somebody bows out (which usually happens when a new game is built)

Well I ain't going anywhere and playing against the AI is a bore.

Soonerfan09

We will move to '17 at some point

You are fairly high on the pecking order, but can you only play until Sept?

Just to put it all out there: I get out of the Marine Corps next Friday and don't get to go hang out with bjc until September (I don't start school until September). Until then, I'll probably do a decent amount of traveling, but I won't be working, so I should have five minutes a day. Once I start school, I probably still won't work unless something changes, so even then, I should have five minutes a day.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Just to put it all out there: I get out of the Marine Corps next Friday and don't get to go hang out with bjc until September (I don't start school until September). Until then, I'll probably do a decent amount of traveling, but I won't be working, so I should have five minutes a day. Once I start school, I probably still won't work unless something changes, so even then, I should have five minutes a day.
We will probably run one more season on 16 until 17 is more stable. At that point Wooly and you are first on the list.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Here's an example of custom awards

@Orlando

443196d1458596158-where-did-i-find-these-awards-icons-kerr.png

Wolfman21

What's ironic is that I've been pondering giving the bulls up for a couple weeks now as immersion has been at like a 2/80. Now that @dickasscarr has asked for me to be kicked out, I'll never leave.

Wolfman21

This is the only thread I've posted in and it's only because 17 came out today. @cocksuckercarr rides my jock more than doh and JD does so of course he came in here to talk shit.

kingssc

I would potentially be interested in getting '17 if a spot were to open up in the league, but I know there are a few people in the pipeline

osick87

Community Liaison
EXPANSION DRAFT

I'd be fine with that but waiting to see if we have a few people bow out.

If the waiting list plus a few others want to do a casual league (Sim on M/W/F), I could be convinced to get in on it. Adding another 4 OOTP threads would be real fun on the trolling @kella front.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Has anyone gotten to a draft yet? My draft class just got published and it looks insane. Not sure if it's overcompensating for a bad league generated in OOTP 16 or what.

west_indies_1986-03-09_23-29-43.jpg west_indies_1986-03-09_23-30-02.jpg

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I'm doing a GM only setup and hiring staff. My manager is small ball and likes to bunt/steal/hit and run a ton. I had to promote him from AA, pretty much my only option since I started in Spring Training.

I might actually try to play toward this strategy and see if I can win with it. It would be vastly different from how I play in the WBL.

Saddled with some awful contracts. Bumping trade difficulty to hard makes it look like I'll be stuck with the contracts. I also set the league so I can be fired.

For some reason every manager is running 6 man rotations. I'm guessing I have a strategy setting screwy somewhere.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Has anyone gotten to a draft yet? My draft class just got published and it looks insane. Not sure if it's overcompensating for a bad league generated in OOTP 16 or what.

View attachment 2585 View attachment 2586

I saw this too and asked this weekend why. Markus told me that they changed the way prospect develop. Instead of 5-6 5* guys that almost everytime develop to what they are supposed to, we have much more potential superstars but just a fraction of them will actually live up to the expectation.

I saw a lot of guys in my league that went from 5* at 17-18 years old and develop into 2-3* guys, just like in real life.

I see a lot of guys that goes in 10-20th round that becomes 3-5* stars but finally never develop.

After two years, I find the potential frequently changing. I can see a guy with 5* potenial at 17, 4* at 18, 4.5* at 19, 3* at 20, 3.5* at 21, 3* at 22...etc

Hahaha, so they just went back to the way drafts used to be? :laughing: