• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2048 WBL Season Thread (FREE AGENCY IS NOT OPEN YET)

Wolfman21

Dear North League,

kenny-powers-1.gif

Signed,

Kabul

Wolfman21

For real though, I feel like I got lucky. Both False Bay and Helsingborg are better squads. My guys were hot as shit at the right time though, both pitching and batting. To do that with Seguin sucking and no Chavez...i'm amazed. Great season for Kabul obviously. Time to tank.

Wolfman21

lookin back on it...the 3 MVP's couldn't have been any better.

Kirk - My first real trade. Sent Utility man Matt Weaver to Buenos Aires for Kirk and Salome Sacramento. Kirk has been my starting SS since 2044.
Geeves - My first major draft pick, the cornerstone of this team.
Perez - Inherited him when I joined the league as a 17 year old IFA find from my scout with huge promise.

Three different players came to the team three different ways and became the cornerstones of the first Championship for the Bulls.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Always liked Kirk.

Reading Wolf's post is funny because I'm thinking of a couple trades I made that panned out terribly, a couple draft picks that busted, and an international guy that hasn't lived up to what I thought he would be.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
So in MLB arbitration is usually in the middle of free agency.

If we can't negotiate with people until January, effectively moving back free agency, can we move arb back? I would like to negotiate with some free agents before I make the decision to non-tender someone or not. This is an MLB strategy but is currently impossible in the WBL.

It's doubly important this year because last year I couldn't negotiate with hardly anyone. Honestly if that happens again I'm probably done but whatever.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

If we can't negotiate with people until January, effectively moving back free agency, can we move arb back? I would like to negotiate with some free agents before I make the decision to non-tender someone or not. This is an MLB strategy but is currently impossible in the WBL.

It's doubly important this year because last year I couldn't negotiate with hardly anyone. Honestly if that happens again I'm probably done but whatever.
Second this suggestion if it gets proposed in the rule change thread

Wolfman21

Always liked Kirk.

Reading Wolf's post is funny because I'm thinking of a couple trades I made that panned out terribly, a couple draft picks that busted, and an international guy that hasn't lived up to what I thought he would be.

When I traded for Kirk I expected him to be a utility man for me. Just so happened hes been my starting SS. Most of my trades have worked out for the betterment of my team as well, which is alot of luck. Do like Kirk though...ever since my first draft I liked him.

Wolfman21

btw, defensive ratings CAN improve. Tony Rosales was a 55 error in OF ratings before this last sim. Hes now a 60 error. Hes 21 years old.

I know theres been discussion before on how much/if any those ratings can improve. Tony Gonzalez' arm and errors both went up 5 as well.

I realllllly like some of the jumps my young pitchers in the minors made as well. Got some guys that are still <20 years old that have improved immensely that if they keep on could be monsters.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

Can we move arb back? I have the same game you do, tell me how to do it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
We can open up FA right now but that wasn't popular when we did it due to the really high demands they start with during this part of the year.

And real FA can't start until arb is over anyway, after arb meetings is when all the new FAs come into the pool.

So the answer is no, and if the MLB does it differently than OOTP take that up with them. I doubt they do though.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
In MLB, free agency starts right after the season. Non-tender deadline is early December. Salary arbitration cases are in February. This gives teams the opportunity to test the free agent market to replace expensive arb cases or at least get a read on salary ranges.

And real FA can't start until arb is over anyway, after arb meetings is when all the new FAs come into the pool.

I don't understand your point here. The only "new FAs coming into the pool" after arb meetings that I'm aware of would be non-tenders? What am I missing?

The free agent market has shrunk over the past few weeks, with names ranging from Brian McCann to Brayan Pena coming off the board (MLBTR's Free Agent Tracker can be used to see all of the action to this point). However, the free agent class figures to grow substantially today, as 11:00pm CT marks the deadline for teams to tender contracts to arbitration eligible players.

That, of course, means that it is also the deadline for teams to non-tender players that they feel are set to become too expensive via the arbitration process. As MLBTR's Charlie Wilmoth pointed out last night, John Axford is a prime example of a non-tender candidate. The former closer projects to earn roughly $5MM in 2014. The Cardinals could feel that's too steep a price to pay for a pitcher who won't close for their club, especially considering the wealth of relief options they have available.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
In MLB, free agency starts right after the season. Non-tender deadline is early December. Salary arbitration cases are in February. This gives teams the opportunity to test the free agent market to replace expensive arb cases or at least get a read on salary ranges.

I don't understand your point here. The only "new FAs coming into the pool" after arb meetings that I'm aware of would be non-tenders? What am I missing?
Okay tell me how to do it then. Can it work the way you want it to? Or are you asking like everyone else does where you have no idea if it's even possible? I dont know how any of this works because baseball is a detestable sport, i hate it. So you're going to have to tell me what to do to set this up how you want it set up. If you're just asking if its possible im going to say no because i dont care. If you want to tell me which options to change to set it up that way we can do that