• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NFL: ALL HAIL THE ACID SHARKS

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I'm guessing those guys are their plans for backups? I'm assuming they're taking a QB 3rd. If not, Jesus Christ.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
BijtQKdCUAIKiX1.png

GR8 2 B FL G8R

DRC can't tackle for shit or play zone according to Cromarties being rated in every Madden ever made

Talib is the better all around CB

Plus you can tailgate while bumping some of the best back packer hip hop ever made for esoteric lulz that TrojanMang will never understang

bruin

saw something on PFF of Talib's performance breakdown from the first 8 games of the season to the last half of season+playoffs. Huge drop off. I'm sure Pack can find it.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
To me, Denver should have paid Talib and DRC and then drafted like 3 OLBs in the late rounds, to me. Edge rushers are all about explosion, something that Ware, who is older than me and coming off an injury, likely won't have. TJ Ward is the only signing I really like. They got him for the right price and he is really the Best player available at at a position in need of an instant guaranteed starter.

I know I'm selling Ware short by calling him an edge rusher, he's a complete player... but he is coming off his worst production and and injury and is old... so it seems like a lot to pay for that. Shaun Phillips fits that role opposite of von miller well enough IMO, and would be cheaper...

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
saw something on PFF of Talib's performance breakdown from the first 8 games of the season to the last half of season+playoffs. Huge drop off. I'm sure Pack can find it.

He was fighting off a nagging injury if I remember correctly. I'm not a fan of the signing... but when a player must play through an injury it also means you need to view any poor performances with a grain assault.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Talib was just trying to get by

from Saints forum to enlighten the plebs

When you have aging superstar QB's in the NFL you finance the cap in the last 4-5 years of that QB's career and here is why.

Unless you have a great QB on a rookie QB or the unique position where Brees was coming off a tore shoulder and signed to a deal far below his value the QB is paid so much that it limits the amount of talent a team can accumulate.

When you have an older superstar QB who is paid a high percentage of a team's total cap number it makes complete sense to backload contracts, constantly restructure and use every penny of available cap space even if it means at some point the team will be in absolute cap hell. The reasoning behind this is when the QB does retire there will have to be a rebuilding process with the unique exception of Favre to Rodgers or Montana to Young. In that rebuilding process the team can release several of the highest paid players that are in their upper 20's or past the 30 point. They can also accumulate draft picks. Then when they release all that cap space and eat the dead money and charge off all the dead money in one season then the following season the team is looking at high draft picks from stinking. Extra draft picks from trading away pieces and a massive amount of cap money to spend in free agents and lock up the young talent a year or two earlier at a discount. All this sets the stage for a team to be ready to compete and grow after just one down season.

The Broncos and Saints are both going down this path and I couldn't be happier about it. Those windows to win a championship are small, few and far between. Nobody should know this better than us Saints fans.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Denver's move makes far more sense than the Saints, IMO, they literally have a 2 year window max, and likely 1 year... and it still frustrated me. Brees isn't all THAT old yet and you guys are literally running that franchise into the ground with poor management when you have a solid 4-5 year left with Brees.

bruin

that's why I'm just waiting for Denver and RoboManning's window to close. No one else is taking the AFC West with RoboNoodle in the division. The Chiefs might beat the Broncos in one game during the reg season, but not over a 16 game season. Brock Osweiler era is at our doorsteps, gents!

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Denver's move makes far more sense than the Saints, IMO, they literally have a 2 year window max, and likely 1 year... and it still frustrated me. Brees isn't all THAT old yet and you guys are literally running that franchise into the ground with poor management when you have a solid 4-5 year left with Brees.

Yeah but in year 4-5 of the that 4-5 year window, he won't be able to throw it 10 yards if what I've read on Utopia is correct

We want to be able to beat Seattle in Seattle this season

Byrd is going to pick 6 Wilson all day

FUCK TOMORROW, CARPE MOTHER FUCKING DIEM

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Bruin knows I've been high on the Chief's roster for quite some time. If you'll had a 2nd corner back who didn't get torched by Decker, I think you would've basically been the Seahawks and smoked Denver.

Oakland will always be a Dumpster fire, San Diego seems content to waste the best years of Phillip Rivers, and Denver has like 45 million tied up in 3 players who will likely get injured by week 3. For long term stability, I like the chiefs best.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@dirt how you feel about Bethea? I like it, fills the hole good enough for next year anyway. Wish Brown would come back

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
But back to Pennington for a second. I was always so jealous of him. He was 2 months younger than me, yet 2 years behind me in school. Wat? Parents held him back like 2 years for sports lol. He was like 20 his senior year. Gjge. Then he goes to Marshall and throws for a kajillion yards throwing to Randy Moss against smurfs. I've since gotten over my jealousy but holy fuck I was so much better than him in high school. He wasn't even recruited. His father knew someone at Marshall or some shit.

Lloyd Carr

But back to Pennington for a second. I was always so jealous of him. He was 2 months younger than me, yet 2 years behind me in school. Wat? Parents held him back like 2 years for sports lol. He was like 20 his senior year. Gjge. Then he goes to Marshall and throws for a kajillion yards throwing to Randy Moss against smurfs. I've since gotten over my jealousy but holy fuck I was so much better than him in high school. He wasn't even recruited. His father knew someone at Marshall or some shit.

Pennington was a pretty decent starter in the NFL. You failed at life by not going into the NFL with him.

Heisman06

Anyone else seeing the Chiefs regressing this season? Still a lot of talent on D but even they came back to reality 2nd half of season. Offense has lost 3/5 of their starting OL in free agency and rely on Alex Smith. I don't believe.

Same goes for Carolina. Defense loses a couple pieces but they'll still be pretty dominant. Lot of young, cheap pieces. That offense, doe. Can't trust them, especially with no Smitty.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
:laughing: @ Soupthpaw.

I had a friend who was 20 when he graduated high school AND he hit puberty in like 6th grade. That fucker was our unstoppable running back in middle school at like 5'10 205 running a 5.0 40 in 7th grade... and never gained any size our speed after that. He didn't get tackled a single time in practice until like 10th grade, then we realized a 5.0 40 wasn't going to cut it as a varsity running back and he ended up as a guard.

On a similar note, I played high school football against Vincent Jackson in C. Springs and he was a fast little guy. Yes, little like 5'10. He played at Northern Colorado and somehow grew to 6'5 his Senior HS Spring/Freshman summer and kept all of his speed. That is literally the only way a dude with that size/speed combo ends up at some small DII school. Can you imagine being a college football coach and having the 5'10 receiver who runs a 4.3 grow to 6'5 during his Freshman year? LAWD, time to completely overhaul the offensive system.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I bet that dude was shaving in middle school too wasn't he? There's always a kid like that that matures so fast and then everyone else catches up and blows by him lol.

bruin

amazing thing about that Chiefs WC collapse is that Alex Smith was fucking killing it but then Knile Davis shreds his knee and we're now handing off the ball to Cyrus fucking Gray to kill clock. Think he played like 8 snaps all season.

Flowers gets hurt in the 3rd. rookie Cooper has to slide in and take T.Y. Hilton. Frank fucking ZOMBO was playing for Justin Houston in the 4th. Jamaal Charles didn't even have a concussion. Thanks Goodell.

I've never seen a game like that where one team was up so big, but then just the injuries kicked in like wildfire. Chiefs were going down left and right. Luck threw 4 picks too. And that fumble at the 3 that bounces off a RB's helmet right to him. All you can do is shake your head.

Something about Indy meeting Kansas City in the playoffs. Harbaugh (not super fan) at Arrowhead in 1995 and Peyton at Arrowhead in 2003. Ugh.

bruin

Anyone else seeing the Chiefs regressing this season? Still a lot of talent on D but even they came back to reality 2nd half of season. Offense has lost 3/5 of their starting OL in free agency and rely on Alex Smith. I don't believe.

I definitely see KC coming back down to earth. I'm more bummed we weren't able to resign Schwartz. Albert was never coming back. Stephenson is a starting T in this league and he filled both roles when Albert or Fisher were hurt. Asamoah, not a big loss, Jeff Allen is the guy Andy likes.

We need a Safety and a WR. Some DB help would be nice, too. Flowers had his worst season on paper last year. Rookie Cooper got exposed by Decker and Keenan Allen in both matchups. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was a rook.

Dexter McCluster is a bummer of a loss, but like I've said KC never really found a right spot for him. Knile Davis could be a special kick returner and they signed Joe McKnight a few months ago so maybe theres Dexter's replacement at PR.

Defense still has a nice core with Hali, Poe, Houston, D Johson(swear he doesn't age) Berry, Flowers..

Playing the NFC West and the AFC East, I can easily see a 9-7 type year contending for a WC spot.

Last edited:

Heisman06

How did Sean Smith fit in there? I watched a lot of your games, albeit some less than others thanks to Sunday Ticket, but I didn't watch closely enough to form an opinion on his play. I always thought he was in the wrong system in Miami. We played a lot of off-man and zone and he's a much better fit as a press corner with his length and size.

bruin

I like him. DC Bob Sutton loves to bring pressure
from all over, so that leaves us to play a lot of man.
In both Denver losses, Sutton left Flowers, Smith, and Cooper
all one on one. That's why Peyton picked on Cooper so much.
Really, it is a nice system for him because we do play man a whole lot.

Last edited:

Heisman06

His problem in Miami, besides being in the wrong system, was his lack of consistency. Was burnt far too often and had awful hands. Would get his paws on a lot of 50/50 balls but his hands were a major liability. Seemed to be a mental problem at times because he has shown the ability to make great catches. Made an amazing INT his first preseason in Miami then dropped 5-6 easy ones in regular season.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Don't sleep on them picking up Woodyard at Linebacker as well, that's where they really sucked ass last year, IMO. If they get a non-smurf to throw the ball to, I'd say they are the favorites.

Chase

You don't want to project too early but the Pats are probably faves to get the 1 seed. Other than the Packers on the road they get all of their good opponents at home. Broncos have to go to New England, Seattle, Cincinnati..

bruin

I just see Denver and New England further separating themselves from the rest of the AFC.

fonzilla

Not to mention they play in the weakest division in football.... Who but the Pats has a QB in the AFC least?