• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NFL: ALL HAIL THE ACID SHARKS

R2D2

I bet they purposely failed him because that contract is terrible for a guy who sucks so much ass

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Just shows how reliable PFF stats are when Will Hill is number 2 and fucking Polly Polly is above both Byrd and Earl Thomas

Go gata doe

bruin

michelsproles not happy

michel-sproles-instagram.jpg

GR8 2 B FL G8R

btw Sproles is under contract, one he willingly signed

He will be paid well under that contract if he is traded, probably better than he would get on the open market

Notice how 0 FA RBs were signed yesterday, the first day of free agency?

Bucksin04

Only Cleveland can do this.. they leaked their free agent targets at a press conference

BijwdwbIUAEajqp.jpg

Nope. Not quite. That was from the video room and was used by the department responsible for compiling highlight tapes in case any of those guys got signed by the Browns. They have no affiliation with the actual football operations side of things. They basically monitor Twitter and any other reports they see and build their list from there which is why every name on that list is someone that the Browns had been linked to in reports. There's literally not a single new name on there.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
@PFF: Darren Sproles averaged 2.28 yards per route run last year. Most of any back in the league & number that only 9 WRs bettered.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
was just coming to post that Pack.

Has it been reported what round the pick is yet?

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Not exactly a source but they Eagles do have an extra 5th this year

@ultshanator: "@nymnygnyk0219: Who did the Eagles trade???" 5th round pick for Darren sproles

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Toby and Donald Brown signed last night. Darren McFadden before them. Rashad Jennings too.

DMc got 1.75/YR
Sproles is at 3.5

It's better for him to be traded if his wifey (read: whore) wants an extra 1.75MM of shoes, Prada bags, and blood diamonds (because DMc is much better at this point, I don't think Sproles could hope for double the money DMc got, he would be lucky to get the equivalent)

It's a moot point now because he has been traded

Watch us replace him with De'Anthony Thomas or Dri Archer with the pick we got...watch and learn

Someone tweeted Mrs. Sproles will fit right in with the Iggles fans.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

University of Oregon junior running back De'Anthony Thomas announced he is leaving the Ducks to enter the 2014 NFL Draft.

Thomas is an electrifying open-field runner, but is undersized at just 5-feet-9 and 170 pounds and is currently projected as a seventh-round prospect according to NFLDraftScout.com ratings. He is the No. 20-rated running back prospect for 2014 and the No. 239-rated overall prospect.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...t-oregon-ducks-deanthony-thomas-headed-to-nfl

We could get him with a 5th, considering he is projected as a 7th

Yall thought I was cray when I said we are going to get him with a 5th

Now it looks very possible

We are building an Oregon alum team to force @Brick to become a Saints homer

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Well we kind of showed our hand when we said we were going to release him (and not get any pick back in return)
We undervalued him because we know he has lost a step

Apparently, the NFL values him more than we expected as there were multiple teams interested in trading for him

We thought he was worthless to other teams (at his current salary) like the other players we cut: Moore, Harper, Smith, Vilma

GR8 2 B FL G8R

A 5th for a 31 yr old scat back is virtually unheard of
Hoping for a 3rd would be flying too close to the sun on wings of wax

We got 3.1 mill in cap savings by trading Sproles

GR8 2 B FL G8R

@Reel, might I remind you that Carl Nicks and Kenny Stills were 5th round picks

Our history of 5th rounders

2013 - Kenny Stills WR (2014 projected starter)
2012 - Corey White S/CB (2014 projected starter)
2011 - No pick
2010 - Matt Tennant C (bust)
2009 - Thomas Morstead P (2014 projected starter, pro bowler)
2008 - Carl Nicks G (pro bowler before the dumpster fire in Tampa infected him with MRSA)
2008 - DeMario Pressley DT (bust)
2007 - David Jones DB (bust)
2006 - Rob Ninkovich DE/OLB (2014 projected starter for the Pats, doing very well in NE)

Brick

I don't get the Thomas and Sproles comparison. I guess they are both short?

Thomas rushed for 1890 yards in his college career. Sproles rushed for 1986 in one season.

Thomas led Oregon in pass catches for two seasons, but I don't see how he fits in the Saints offense in that capacity. He does not want to be a wide receiver, and the passes he caught in Oregon's offense weren't the same kind of stuff Sproles gets.

:trollface:
My guess is he ends up on some terribly corched offense and is a wildcat/reverse/kick return guy. Hooray NFL.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Thomas played with a much more talented, crowded backfield than Sproles did at KSU, so I don't think comparing their yardage is fair

I think you answered your question when you said "Thomas led Oregon in pass catches for two seasons"

Thomas would give us the receiving threat out of the backfield that Sproles provided

What kind of passes did he catch out of the backfield? Wheel routes? Screens? HB Angles? That's the same type of stuff Sproles gets

I mean I just want him because he's a 95 ovr HB in NCAA, and this makes me see good value with a late round pick

But the Saints will opt for some small school UDFA who will have a much better NFL career than Thomas, who will go to some foolish team that will waste him just like Barner

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
DAT would probably be pretty good for the Eagles or Saints. He would be turrible anywhere else

PSUEagle

Hard for me to excited about the Sproles acquisition: there's no question he's a great receiver and weapon in the passing game, but judging by his rushing stats he's not someone you actually worry about, you know, running the ball if you're a defense. For passing downs he'll be an asset, but I'm just not a big fan of one dimensional players that tell the defense what you're going to do the moment you step on the field.

On the plus side he does give the Eagles more depth, which I suspect is even more important since Kelly probably wants to push the tempo even more in 2014.

And for the sake of discussion, the Eagles have done a decent job over the years in the 5th round, too:

2004: Thomas Tapeh (starting FB for a few years)
2005:Trent Cole (Pro Bowl DE)
2006: Omar Gaither (Decent starter who's hung around)
2007:Brent Celek (Solid all around TE)
2010: Riley Cooper (wacist)
2011: Jason Kelce (upper echelon center)

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Well we kind of showed our hand when we said we were going to release him (and not get any pick back in return)
We undervalued him because we know he has lost a step

Apparently, the NFL values him more than we expected as there were multiple teams interested in trading for him

We thought he was worthless to other teams (at his current salary) like the other players we cut: Moore, Harper, Smith, Vilma

Exactly you can't say you are going to cut someone and then expect to get reel value for him. Philadelphia is a perfect fit and NO still got something back.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Like PSU said depth and giving Shady more rest, I think he was 2nd in the NFL last year for carriers behind Forte.

GR8 2 B FL G8R

Hard for me to excited about the Sproles acquisition: there's no question he's a great receiver and weapon in the passing game, but judging by his rushing stats he's not someone you actually worry about, you know, running the ball if you're a defense. For passing downs he'll be an asset, but I'm just not a big fan of one dimensional players that tell the defense what you're going to do the moment you step on the field.

On the plus side he does give the Eagles more depth, which I suspect is even more important since Kelly probably wants to push the tempo even more in 2014.

And for the sake of discussion, the Eagles have done a decent job over the years in the 5th round, too:

2004: Thomas Tapeh (starting FB for a few years)
2005:Trent Cole (Pro Bowl DE)
2006: Omar Gaither (Decent starter who's hung around)
2007:Brent Celek (Solid all around TE)
2010: Riley Cooper (wacist)
2011: Jason Kelce (upper echelon center)

Damn there is some legitimate talent in the 5th round

PSUEagle

One theory I just came up with as to why the Eagles acquired Sproles: he's DeSean Jackson's replacement as the "space/motion" guy in Kelly's offense.

There's been speculation that the Birds have been looking to deal Jackson at some point: they're supposedly not enamored with his personality, toughness, or ability to get off a jam. One thing Chip did a lot of last year in the second half of the season is align Jackson at HB and have him run routes from the backfield. It was definitely effective at times, but once McCoy (or whoever was at the other HB spot) motioned out it was a dead giveaway that a pass was coming. Plus teams started to move their nickel CB inside, negating earlier mismatches (the Eagles killed Minnesota with Jackson running option routes from the backfield against their linebackers). And Jackson also did some stuff where he motioned out and ran bubbles and such, but he was only average at those as he has a tendency to dance too much.

Enter Sproles. He gives you a back who can basically run most routes a WR can while being a total mismatch against linebackers and most safeties. He'll likely be more effective in running bubbles/flat routes to the perimeter on all the quick screen stuff Kelly has built into his running game when he motions, and if he stays in as the singleback he's at least a somewhat credible threat to receive the ball on a hand off.

We'll see if I'm right in the coming weeks (months) ahead, but IMO it's the only reason I can come up with for Sproles' acquisition. He just doesn't fit the profile of guys they usually like (younger ascending players) and they're paying a decent price (5th rounder in a very good draft). Got to be a reason beyond just "depth" (they can always draft a mid round guy if they just wanted a back to spell McCoy and didn't have other considerations for his role).

Chase

Ziggy Hood to the Jaguars. Probably the worst Steeler on the team last year and quite possibly the Steelers biggest 1st round bust in the last decade.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Some guy just called into NFL Radio saying the Packers should give Jared Allen a 2 year deal worth 10 million per year, because they have the cap space. Outside of the fact he is old and bad, and is a 4-3 defensive end he would be a perfect fit.

Brick

One theory I just came up with as to why the Eagles acquired Sproles: he's DeSean Jackson's replacement as the "space/motion" guy in Kelly's offense.

I assume he will take on the role of Barner when he was backup to James, and Thomas when he was backup to Barner.

Lots of motion into the backfield.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Sproles is perfect for any non-mongoloid offense. You can use him to create mismatches, and that's what non-mongoloid offenses are all about.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Smitty officially gon'. Goddamn you, Marty Hurney. Even from the grave you ruin us.

Watch the Patriots pick him up on the low and he has a resurgence this year. Watch that shit happen.