• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Warm Butts and Merry-Go-Rounds - Corches Hot Seat/ Coaching Carousel

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Iowa needs to send bell ringers out to department stores and malls to collect change for Ferentz's buyout. I'd drop a few bucks in just because I'm offended that Ferentz makes so much money to be so shitty at his job.

DHawkeye

only mostly dead
What really needs to happen is for people to stop going to games. Stop buying season tickets, stop providing any more incentive to keep Ferentz around. The only chance we have of seeing Ferentz get the boot before his contract is up is if the university sees a significant decline in revenue, and they stand to lose more by keeping him around than paying the buyout. It's a shitty thing to say, because football basically pays for all the other sports, and it would suck to deprive the athletes of the funds they need for their programs to function, but that's the reality of the situation.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Iowa would probably just hire someone just as shitty honestly

POUND THE ROCK MIDWEST FOOTBALL

DHawkeye

only mostly dead
Iowa would probably just hire someone just as shitty honestly

POUND THE ROCK MIDWEST FOOTBALL

If Ferentz goes, Barta (our AD) goes, so hopefully a true fresh start would be possible.

Bert would come back to Iowa

Probably would. And I'm at the point where I wouldn't even be angry if he did.

Yes, Iowa football has beaten me down so much that Bret Goddamn Bielema seems like a better option than Ferentz.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Options 1A and 1B for Iowa should be Bert and Holgorsen. Contrasting styles obviously but Iowa could use some energy in that program. I think Bert would go back to Iowa for not much more than he is making now.

Only thing stopping Iowa is the money.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
His agent is a genius.

Kirk Ferentz's agent and Charlie Weis' agent probably meet once a week for drinks and just sit there lighting $20s on fire and laughing.

I believe Ferentz's agent is also Bob Stoops' agent and I think Bill Belichick as well. Weis' agent is also the agent for Jay and Jon Gruden, Andy Reid and Bill Callahan. Good work if you can get it.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Didn't imagine a Hawkeye message post would turn into a fire.

bert to Iowa gross. He has been Nebraskas kryptonite. Oh wait Beaux Pelini was our kryptonite

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Mike Stoops is interviewing for LSU's DC position. I don't even have a gif worthy of that.

he'd prolly have more success in the SEC than he had here, so on the surface it sounds like a terrible idea for LSU, but i think he could do fairly well

norvell out as co-OC and WR corch at OU. he shouldn't have been the first one fired but i'm glad he's gone. kish is next. RB corch Cale Gundy, OL corch Bill Bedenbaugh, and DL corch Jerry Montgomery are the only ones who have any job security right now. also heard that OU is looking at daddy OC Jake Spavital and WKU OC Tyson Helton

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
he'd prolly have more success in the SEC than he had here, so on the surface it sounds like a terrible idea for LSU, but i think he could do fairly well

norvell out as co-OC and WR corch at OU. he shouldn't have been the first one fired but i'm glad he's gone. kish is next. RB corch Cale Gundy, OL corch Bill Bedenbaugh, and DL corch Jerry Montgomery are the only ones who have any job security right now. also heard that OU is looking at daddy OC Jake Spavital and WKU OC Tyson Helton
Y'all need a QB worth a shit still. Spavital might be a good hire but I wonder how much of his success is Sumlin's doing.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
if we had been running an offense that played to Knight's strengths he would have looked a lot better than he did. of course he's fragile as fuck so it might not have mattered. the guys we recruited were highly touted, but herpel hasn't been developing them since he's had to come up with a shitty offense

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
With job security like this, why bother?

"Kirk is out" rumors are swirling at the moment. It doesn't make any damn sense to me, considering that they just wrote him a $4.something million-dollar check for "longevity," but he has zero support from the fan/ donor base right now.

200_s.gif

bruin

No.

There is no interview or interest. Mora and Jimmy Sexton are playing chess.

Last edited:

coogrfan

Houston has hired Utah State's Todd Orlando to be the new DC. If you had told me on Dec 1st that next season we would have not one but two of this year's Broyles Award nominees (including the eventual winner of that honor) calling the shots for us in 2015 I wouldn't have believed it. Sometimes life does work out. :D

Last edited:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Norvell could recruit but didn't develop receivers for shit. With the exceptions of Broyles (who may not have been recruited by Norvell, I can't remember), Stills, and Shepard, none of his receivers have done anything. Landed some good transfers, though, in Justin Brown, Jalen Saunders, and to a lesser extent, Lacoltan Bester.

Heupel is from the Leach Air Raid school and couldn't seem to grasp any other type of offense. We certainly do not have the personnel at the moment to run that scheme. Plus his QBs showed less progress once he became a playcalling OC and couldn't devote more time to them. He's still a Sooner legend, though, and I hope he finds success wherever he goes.

Anyway, these changes on offense are moot if Mike doesn't GTFO. He's been a much bigger failure than Heupel. I get that spread offenses are hard to defend, especially week in and week out, but he is just completely clueless and has basically admitted as much. He'd be a better fit in the B1G or SEC.

Brick

what a surprising, inspiring hire by richt. fucking trog.

"man that guy with the familiar last name's offense ranked 28th and 30th in the league the past two seasons. how many teams them nfl got? get him on the phone."

Last edited:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
This part just seems like the writer put it in there on purpose to troll a little.

The Rams finished the regular season ranked 28th in total offense (314.7 yards per game) and 21st in scoring (20.3 points per game).
Schottenheimer doesn't have any coaching experience in the SEC, but he did transfer from Kansas to Florida, and he played for the Gators from 1994 to 1996. He graduated from Florida in 1997 with a degree in exercise and sports science.

Brick

to show how mongified NFL offenses are:

TOTAL OFFENSE RANKINGS (out of 128 teams)
119. Kent State 315.5 YPG
RAMS 314.7 YPG
120. Temple 308.4 YPG

TOTAL SCORING RANKINGS (out of 128 teams)

114. Ohio 20.5 PPG
RAMS 20.3 PPG
115. Louisiana-Monroe 20.1 PPG

@PSUEagle

images

R2D2

Well, in Heimer's defense his offense would probably be better with some real QB running the show. Instead of Austin Davis, that old fucker, Sam Bradford, whoever else started for the Rams.

Houston has officially hired Major Applewhite as our new OC/QB coach.

I was not impressed with what he produced as solo OC at Texas. But he was also rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, basically, so I am willing to cut him some slack on that.

The fact Herman has an offensive background and will probably bring some good ideas to the table would make me feel okay about it if I were you. But probably not a lot more than okay from an Xs and Os perspective.

As a recruiter, Major is pretty bad ass though.

PSUEagle

to show how mongified NFL offenses are:

TOTAL OFFENSE RANKINGS (out of 128 teams)
119. Kent State 315.5 YPG
RAMS 314.7 YPG
120. Temple 308.4 YPG

TOTAL SCORING RANKINGS (out of 128 teams)

114. Ohio 20.5 PPG
RAMS 20.3 PPG
115. Louisiana-Monroe 20.1 PPG

@PSUEagle

images

What do you want me to say brah? Schottenheimer isn't very good at his job.

Those stats are that way because athletes are better in the NFL, which means it's harder to score/move the ball. Come on mang. It's always been that way, even in the pre-spread days in CFB.