• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Warm Butts and Merry-Go-Rounds - Corches Hot Seat/ Coaching Carousel

PSUEagle

Stoops looks like he's trying to copy Gary Patterson.

Only problem is he hasn't developed an elite defense at OU other than 2009 in a long time.

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Bleh. If Steele is underwhelming like he has been in his previous DC positions, then Miles is going to be on the chopping block soon. Offense is almost always anemic over the tenure of multiple coordinators and quarterbacks, and it's going to get real bad if the defense sees an appreciable drop in quality and consistency.

Craig7835

LSU hasn't had a good offense since Saban was there. I hope Les Miles knows what he's doing with this hire at defensive coordinator because if their defense sucks in the 1st three games & the offense still remains "what have you done for me lately?" as always,then Les' sit will be hotter than ever

No, but all the defense has to do is be competent for this to be a good hire.

Competence would be a big step up from their recent DC experience for sure. And they may get competence out of this guy. Hell, he may end up being great. I have no idea.

But I know the people who seriously follow WSU football were hoping for somebody with a higher profile. Or any profile at all.

Iron

Last time a coach left a school to be an OC, their program shut down, so RIP in pieces Central Michigan :(

gilstein21

think he was paid like $375 to be HC and CMU wasn't ready to talk an extension with him. He's getting $550K from Arky

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Vols OC goes to Tampa with Lovie. Hoping that Butch goes and gets Mangino. I'd love to see him in orange. He just looks so jolly.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Vols OC goes to Tampa with Lovie. Hoping that Butch goes and gets Mangino. I'd love to see him in orange. He just looks so jolly.

mangino1.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Reported as not happening by a Michigan beat reporter. Hoke stands to make more money this year by not coaching I think.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
OU's new WR corch is Dennis Simmons, yet another Leach disciple. They really are going all in on the Air Raid. First STOOOOOOPS brings back his drunken retard brother and now he's going back to the Raid. I guess he misses 2000 that badly.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
OU's new WR corch is Dennis Simmons, yet another Leach disciple. They really are going all in on the Air Raid. First STOOOOOOPS brings back his drunken retard brother and now he's going back to the Raid. I guess he misses 2000 that badly.

Simmons is a really good recruiter, got a good number of CA players like 4* WR Gabe Marks.

He had gotten some more good players to commit this year but when he left, they all went elsewhere :crying:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
yeah, i've heard he's a great recruiter and developer, but i'm just not sure i want to see OU go back to that offense when they have a shit ton of talented RBs. oh well. at least in his signing day presser riley said that they would be flexible enough to run it 70% of the game if that's what the defense is giving them or air it out (and bob quickly said "we still want to be balanced" :rolleyes:). i guess we'll see.

Brick

every new hire on offense wants to make the offense "more balanced". on defense: "more aggressive".

press conference corch 101.

bruin

Jeff Ulbrich to the Atlanta Falcons should be announced soon.

Mora likely already has a DC in place. Still think Roquan Smith sends his NLI in.

Hopefully we can bring Tony White (SDSU DB's Coach) home.

Last edited:

mcnoles

Tennessee to hire Mike DeBord as offensive coordinator.

Veteran coach Mike DeBord will be Tennessee’s new offensive coordinator, according to a source.
It’s a reunion for DeBord and Volunteers head coach Butch Jones, the latter of whom is entering a crucial third season in Knoxville with high expectations after a 7-6 record this past year. When DeBord was the head coach at Central Michigan from 2000-03, Jones was his running backs coach before being promoted to offensive coordinator for DeBord’s final two seasons.
The 58-year-old DeBord has been out of coaching the last two seasons but did oversee Michigan’s program last month while the Wolverines conducted their coaching search that ended with the hiring of Jim Harbaugh. Jones was contacted by Michigan early on about its vacancy, and he received a new contract at Tennessee last month.

DeBord spent the last two years as sports administrator for Michigan’s Olympics sports teams. Before that, he coached tight ends in the NFL for the Chicago Bears (2010-12) and Seattle Seahawks (2009).

He was also an assistant offensive line coach for the Seahawks in 2008 after he spent four years as an assistant at Michigan, the last two as offensive coordinator and tight ends coach. During his four-year stint at Central Michigan, he had a 12-34 record.
Prior to taking over the Chippewas, DeBord was an assistant at Michigan from 1992-99. He coached the offensive line for five seasons before helping the Wolverines win a national championship in 1997, his first year as offensive coordinator.

DeBord built his career coaching the offensive line at Colorado State (1990-91), Ball State (1988-89) and Eastern Illinois (1987-88). He was the offensive coordinator, quarterbacks coach and wide receivers coach at Fort Hays State from 1985-86 and previously spent a season as the program’s offensive line coach.
A Muncie, Ind., native, DeBord got his start in coaching as an offensive line coach at Franklin (Ind.) High from 1982-83. He played on the offensive line at Manchester College from 1974-77.
At Tennessee, DeBord replaces Mike Bajakian, who left earlier this month to become quarterbacks coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Bajakian was the quarterbacks coach during DeBord’s last two seasons at Central Michigan.
Jones has a 12-13 record at Tennessee but returns 18 starters for next season, including junior quarterback Josh Dobbs. Dobbs was the most valuable player of the Volunteers’ 45-28 win against Iowa in the TaxSlayer Bowl, the program’s first bowl appearance since 2010. Jones has also excelled in recruiting, hauling in the No. 5 class in the nation last year, according to Rivals.com, with the No. 5 class for 2015 set to sign on National Signing Day on Wednesday.

Mike Debord new Tenn OC

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They are running Butch Jones' offense. I could have been named the OC and it would look just the same.

gilstein21

saw that. i wonder if kstate will give him a chance when grandpa bill finally retires. for an added choke hold he could hire mangino as his OC

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
OU never really abandoned it. Even in the Blake Bell/TK era they still ran some "air raid" stuff.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
OU never really abandoned it. Even in the Blake Bell/TK era they still ran some "air raid" stuff.

well yeah, it's always been there in some capacity. just saying these hires suggest stoops wants to repeat 1999-2000. disappointed he's going backward instead of forward, but whatever.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
FUCK. Jerry Montgomery is going to the NFL. Only solid corch on the defensive side and a great recruiter. RIP Bob Stoops thanks for 15 years ago.

rRewR6R.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Pretty much the only good positional coach Hoke had at Michigan. I hear Brady Hoke is available, and he's a pretty solid DL coach.