• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2041 WBL Season Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I released a few guys whose contracts were up, who were past minimum/arbitration.

And I tried Dizzy at RP, but he gave up a lot of ER even as an RP. Decided to just cut ties with him.
He was 29K, 6 BB, 2 HR in 25 IP as a RP which is pretty damn good especially considering your defense is garbage.

Lloyd Carr

He was 29K, 6 BB, 2 HR in 25 IP as a RP which is pretty damn good especially considering your defense is garbage.

And he gave up 30 hits, 16 ER, with a 5.76 ERA which was worse than his 5.42 ERA as a starter (where he went 2-14 record wise).

Also he'd be 33 by the time 2043 rolled around. If anyone wants him, he's a FA. Have at him.

Lloyd Carr

I'd rather play around with my younger guys and see how they fare, rather than keep an older guy in who wouldn't likely play much better in comparison. I'm not expecting a playoff berth next season anyway, so keeping an older guy around doesn't help me any.

Now if you want to make the argument I could have used him as trade bait, I can accept that. But I'm content losing out on that possibility.

doh

Yeah play younger guys do whatever you want I just think that guy is certainly worth a minimum deal and his high ERA really wasn't his fault.

Lloyd Carr

Yeah play younger guys do whatever you want I just think that guy is certainly worth a minimum deal and his high ERA really wasn't his fault.

He could be free, but he still takes up a roster spot. I'd rather that roster spot go to someone who might be useful/relevant three years from now.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Outside of trying to get a 5th-6th for him, you made the right choice for your team. Rebuilds don't need average 33 year olds on the team

NML

Question about international scouting budget

is that IFA, the players automatically put in ur system that you find, or both? For IFAs, I'm assuming it gives you a more accurate scouting report, just like how it does for the draft pool?

Wolfman21

speaking of IFA's, is it just dumb luck that your scout finds a super prospect? Felix Perez, the #1 prospect in my system was a guy that my scout found and put in there. I believe Miguel Chavez was as well, however since i've taken over the team, everyone that he finds are like 1/2* prospects.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
In due time. Yall aint ready for it yet. Probably gonna change this one in like a week since he's on loan anyways, waiting for a good Jovetic celebration to appear. I actually went over a couple days on the trog avatar, I always like that shhhh celebration.

doh

He could be free, but he still takes up a roster spot. I'd rather that roster spot go to someone who might be useful/relevant three years from now.
Player A: 35 yo 8.2 K/9 1.9 BB/9 0.3 HR/9
Player B: 32 yo 10.4 K/9 2.2 BB/9 0.7 HR/9

Player A got traded for a 4* prospect. Player B got released.

People can do whatever they want with their teams I don't really care just my observations the same way people observe about fleecings.

It's also not like any of the 25-27 yo's you have are good either. I'd much rather have the guy you released three years from now than someone like Hackett, Pak or other "young" guys.

Last edited:

Lloyd Carr

Those are also just a small cross-section of stats.

Who is player A?

If anyone wants Perez, have at him. Best of luck to you.

Lloyd Carr

Perez last 10 games:

-Buffalo lost 7 of those games.
-15 IP/19 H/9 ER

He did have 18K's and only 2BB, but he only had 1 K total out of the 3 games where Buffalo won.

He wasnt an asset for Buffalo. And his trade value was poor.

doh

Perez last 10 games:

-Buffalo lost 7 of those games.
-15 IP/19 H/9 ER

He did have 18K's and only 2BB, but he only had 1 K total out of the 3 games where Buffalo won.

He wasnt an asset for Buffalo. And his trade value was poor.
Yes his ER/H suck because your defense is terrible. I agree he doesn't have trade value because the league doesn't go for solid RP like him. But if you want to be good in say 2044 I think he'd be a real good MR at a cheap as hell cost ($800k or so). You'd get similar production from him as people who spend a lot on MR's get.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I hate seeing guys with crazy low BABIPs after getting excited about their ERA+. Kaprolu is the other way around, FIP/Babip says he should be an okay pitcher but instead he throws up 80 ERA+ all day

Lloyd Carr

It's possible, but his track record in Buffalo was bad. I saw him play every week and saw what it got me. I didnt want it anymore.

NML took a shot on a MR I waived (Hammond) and he blew a playoff game for him. Granted thats just anecdotal, but I washed my hands of Hammond for poor performance the same as I did Perez. I dont regret either (so far).

If you think Perez is the key to a ship, he is available. If he blows it for you, I wont say "I told you so."

doh

I hate seeing guys with crazy low BABIPs after getting excited about their ERA+. Kaprolu is the other way around, FIP/Babip says he should be an okay pitcher but instead he throws up 80 ERA+ all day
Yes my team in the past had some very good ERAs because of BABIP. This year the BABIP went up a bit (I have no idea how considering I had my best defense of the last couple years especially with DLS in RF) and my team ERA went up a ton.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
haha that dude could have brought maybe a 3rd. He has the ratings, might do well on a great defensive team so I see why doh is so fond of him.

doh

It's possible, but his track record in Buffalo was bad. I saw him play every week and saw what it got me. I didnt want it anymore.

NML took a shot on a MR I waived (Hammond) and he blew a playoff game for him. Granted thats just anecdotal, but I washed my hands of Hammond for poor performance the same as I did Perez. I dont regret either (so far).

If you think Perez is the key to a ship, he is available. If he blows it for you, I wont say "I told you so."
I'm already log jammed at MR (especially if I get a SP and move a potential SP to the bullpen) or I would've gone after him. I agree and have done the process of clearing the shit out of your org and not wasting money on guys you don't need. Saving budget, etc.

@Gooksta http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports//players/player_9780.html

doh

The guy you traded gooksta Fahd who I think is a damn good RP.

Just interesting to me how people value players different and set up their organizations. Part of the fun of the game to me.

Lloyd Carr

And I also find it weird that youre so into Perez when you saw how Lee played for you. He isnt even on your WBL team anymore.

Why would you think Perez would do better?

doh

And I also find it weird that youre so into Perez when you saw how Lee played for you. He isnt even on your WBL team anymore.

Why would you think Perez would do better?
Lee was a BABIP experiment for me. It went down a lot and I like him as a Long guy/if people get hurt guy. Maybe even a middle reliever. Plus he's cheap as hell and not that old. I think he will put together a good year soon. I had him on my WBL team until the playoffs because I went with 10 pitchers for the playoffs (which was too many in the 5 game two days off series).

Lee's main problems with you were BB and HRs. His K-rate was insane. I think a lot of it had to do with his BABIP. If he has to continue to get an extra out every two innings because of bad defense alone (not including errors) then his BB and HR rates will be proportionally worse because he's facing more batters/inning because your defense is so bad. His walks got cut in half with me plus his HRs dipped while going to the much tougher league. K's went down too because he faced less batters/inning.

Perez interests me because he put up ridiculously low HR/9 and BB/9 for a guy who had to get extra outs because of high BABIP. His K-rate would drop going to a better defensive team I think but when you switch a SP to MR his stuff ratings usually go up as do his stars.

I also don't think Perez is some sort of shutdown, elite RP. I think he's a very good RP for making the minimum. Look around at the RP in the league and I'd say he's at least league average and at the minimum that's pretty good.