• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NBA Off-Season Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Whatever you guys say. I just don't think he's a jump shooter without the threat of a strong drive game.

Let me get this straight, a 6'8 245 pound lebron doesn't have a strong drive game? Jordan was 6'6 220 and couldn't shoot as well as Lebron.

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
Let me get this straight, a 6'8 245 pound lebron doesn't have a strong drive game? Jordan was 6'6 220 and couldn't shoot as well as Lebron.
By strong drive game I mean strength/muscle through contact in his drive. Twenty pounds is a lot to lose in that aspect.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm saying that's the strongest aspect of his game. I'm not arguing that he won't be effective.

I am just laughing at your thought he can't change his game to whatever he wants to change it to is all. Losing 20-30-40-50 pounds won't make him worse.

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
I am just laughing at your thought he can't change his game to whatever he wants to change it to is all. Losing 20-30-40-50 pounds won't make him worse.
We'll see in about 3 months I guess. I just fear him becoming injury prone if his game doesn't adapt because he takes a lot of hits.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
We'll see in about 3 months I guess. I just fear him becoming injury prone if his game doesn't adapt because he takes a lot of hits.

He could be the best at any of the 4 positions, I'm sure his game can adapt. You act like he is 180. I bet he comes in at 245 which means he won't take any more hits than he already did, and he won't get pushed around because he is 245

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
I guess it's just that one picture that mcnoles posted that scared me lol. I'm just used to seeing this huge freight train of a dude.

evil1

My guess is that LeBron wanted to lose weight in order to help his endurance. Having 20 lbs less to sprint up and down the court each game should keep him fresher at the end of games and at the end of the season.

Renegade

Charge on!
This season over yet? Want to get around to next year's draft with another high lottery pick for the Magic. Wake me when it's lottery time.

Chase

Lebatard trolling CLV LND/Akron

BuYN0HaCIAADHYQ.jpg

Bucksin04

Woj bomb. Love to Cleveland. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...ommits-to-staying-in-cleveland-054657392.html

The Minnesota Timberwolves have reached an agreement in principle to send All-Star forward Kevin Love to the Cleveland Cavaliers for Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and a protected 2015 first-round draft pick, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Cleveland is making the deal with Minnesota with a firm agreement Love will opt out of his contract in 2015 and re-sign with the Cavaliers on a five-year, $120 million-plus contract extension, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The deal cannot be finalized until Aug. 23, because Wiggins, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft, cannot be traded until one month after the signing of his rookie contract. The two teams have agreed to the deal, but neither would have recourse if the other decided to pull out of the arrangement before it can be formally completed this month. No third team is involved in the Cavaliers-Timberwolves trade agreement.

The precise deal terms have been agreed upon for weeks, but the teams and Love plan to stay silent about the particulars until the trade is announced in 16 days, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Love will join superstar LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to create the most devastating trio in the NBA and will instantly make the Cavaliers a frontrunner to win the NBA championship.

Part of the Cavaliers' motivation in making the deal for Love was a belief Love would have ended up with the rival Chicago Bulls in a trade and created a significant obstacle in the Eastern Conference, sources said. Cleveland wouldn't have had the salary-cap space to sign Love next summer and could have only obtained him through the trade with Minnesota in a deal now.

Wiggins is the centerpiece of the package for Minnesota. The Timberwolves see superstar potential in the forward out of Kansas. Bennett, the No. 1 pick in the 2013 draft, has shown signs of progress after a difficult start to his rookie season.
The T'wolves had hopes of unloading contracts in a Love deal, but that won't be happening. Minnesota still has a goal of freeing itself of J.J. Barea, Luc Mbah a Moute and Alexey Shved, league sources said.

Love informed the Timberwolves he would not return to the team after opting out of his contract next summer, and pushed them to make a trade before the start of this coming season.

Love, 25, is a three-time NBA All-Star. He averaged 26 points and 12.5 rebounds for the Timberwolves last season. For his career, he's averaged 19 points and 12.2 rebounds.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
What did she do to provoke him?

Stephen-A-Smith.jpg

Perfectly reasonable question. Presumably doing wut bitches do: rejecting the advances of 44 yr old men with 60 yr old knees, talking out their asses, not shutting up....you know the typical stuff that cause bitches to get punched in the face.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Since his rookie season, LeBron James has played in 158 postseason games. Love & Kyrie have played in ZERO combined playoff games.

LeBron & Love were 3rd & 4th in NBA in total points last season. No team has ever acquired 2 players who ranked in top 5 in previous season.

NML

Great haul for the Wolves.

Not a fan for Cavs - Love doesn't fit in there. Of course, he's a stud so it'll still work out, but I personally would've kept Wiggins and Bennett.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
PG: Irving
SG: Waiters
SF: James
PF: Love
C: Varejo

Key bench players: Marion (probable), Miller, Ray Allen (maybe)

Wow. I might have to get league pass this year.

evil1

I'd still rather have Wiggins at $4.5 million per yer than Love at $24 million per year (his new extension).

The Cavs better win it all this year because they are going to have zero cap space after that.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'd still rather have Wiggins at $4.5 million per yer than Love at $24 million per year (his new extension).

The Cavs better win it all this year because they are going to have zero cap space after that.

They are making this move thinking the cap will go up a bunch. It is a bet on the future, if it works they will be in a very advantageous spot

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Supposedly the cap is going up in a couple years and Lebron the GM is always going to get guys to come and play for a discount.

Who is going to challenge them in the East? Pacers are going to be awful, the Heat average at best. Who is the 2nd best team in the East? Is it the Wizards? Good lawd that is awful.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Brain fart. The Bulls will clearly challenge the Cavaliers. Rose looks great right now.

evil1

The cap better go up about $15 million or else the Cavs are in serious trouble.

Starting in 2015, when Kyrie's and Love's extensions kick in, they will have committed $18 million to Kyrie, $24 million to Love, and $22 million to Lebron. That's $64 million for three guys. The salary cap for this upcoming season is $63 million.