• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NBA Off-Season Thread

R2D2

Mavericks gonna win the west.

Introducing the Mavericks' new point guard, owner Mark Cuban:

BtWHVBFCQAAb9zq.jpg

colb

Surprised nobody has posted this yet:

LeJuan's letter, as read by Morgan Freeman (well, Frank Caliendo)

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
What was the reason he chose #6 when he went to the Heat? IIRC, nobody else was wearing #23 on the Heat roster at the time, and in any case, if he'd have wanted #23, he could have either paid the dude for it or simply taken it like a bauce.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
What was the reason he chose #6 when he went to the Heat? IIRC, nobody else was wearing #23 on the Heat roster at the time, and in any case, if he'd have wanted #23, he could have either paid the dude for it or simply taken it like a bauce.

#23 is retired for Miami

Bucksin04

He had said in 2010 when he was still with the Cavs that no one should wear 23 anymore as a tribute to Jordan. He was changing his number to 6 even if he would have stayed in Cleveland. 6 was his Olympic number. Plus, Miami already retired Jordan's 23. http://espn.go.com/chicago/photos/g...tire-no-23-michael-jordan-50-greatest-moments "Team president Pat Riley honored Jordan on April 11, 2003, before Jordan's Washington Wizards played the Heat. 'No one will ever wear No. 23 for the Miami Heat. You're the best,' Riley said to Jordan."

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

Shiiii, I'd be a regional advance scout for tickets and some side money. I already know the terminology and watch the games that way anyway most of the time. Makes me real fun at Thudner parties.

That sentence he wrote making fun of the advance scout is actually something I'd say breaking down a play, well minus the dumb ending "player A scored a two point basket" :laughing:

I wonder if you can write a report saying all the technical terms and then cap it off with "Player A shit on Player B and tea bagged him. Personnel scouts take note."

Last edited:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
And for the Moose take on Jonah Hill's "report"

According to a post today by ESPN's Brian Windhorst, the new proposal is facing "strong objection" from the Sixers.
The rough draft of this plan was met with opposition by 76ers management, which is in the midst of a multiseason rebuilding project that is dependent on a high pick next year. The 76ers, sources said, are hoping to get the NBA to delay the plan's implementation for at least a year because it would act as a de facto punishment while just playing by the rules that have been in place.

The 76ers, however, may struggle to gain support from Silver or fellow teams for holding off on the changes. Philadelphia's planned sink to the bottom has caused a drag on revenues in one of the league's largest markets and has upset some other teams, sources said.​

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/report-sixers-fighting-lottery-reform

Does anybody outside of ESPN take the jock-sniffing ass clown seriously. The Moose have been bad for years and have ranked in the bottom third in attendance for the last 10 years. Now all of sudden, the NBA thinks this is causing a drag on revenues. Just come out say that you don't approve of how the Moose have approached the 2013-14 and 2014-15 season. Don't tap-dance around the issue with BS excuses. Heaven forbid a team figure how the system the works and use the system to their advantage. And the NBA wonders why people think it's rigged.​

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
I'm not a fan. Personally they remind me of these. Probably because they are pretty much the same thing besides the text.

1994_white_jersey.gif

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Guess Cleveland isn't going to be a drag, with four new jerseys for trogs to burn, on league revenues like some other teams.

Bucksin04

Those are all concept designs. Cavs aren't changing anything from last year and have no plans to change anything in the future either.

Bucksin04

Some dude on Reddit is taking the covers of popular books and customizing them to NBA teams. They're awesome.

Rockets - James Harden/A Clockwork Scorer (A Clockwork Orange)
Heat - The Two Titles (The Two Towers)
Trail Blazers - Catch-N-Shoot (Catch-22)
Cavs - An Abundance of Draft Picks (An Abundance of Katherines)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Good article about the rise of basketball outside New York. Basically just says NYC has stayed the same while the rest of the country had the space/money to catch up and surpass. With that many people though, there will be another time where they are stacked in HS unless they keep leaving.
Yeah, you're definitely right. It's not just New York though, I think it's happening to a lot of metropolitan areas. I know back in the 90's and early 2000's schools like Minneapolis North and Patrick Henry used to pump out D1 recruits. Now most of the best players are coming from the suburbs. The last time a Minneapolis public school had a D1 recruit was 2009. Though there are quite a few Minneapolis kids coming out of private schools or suburbs.