• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014 NBA Off-Season Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Yeah, you're definitely right. It's not just New York though, I think it's happening to a lot of metropolitan areas. I know back in the 90's and early 2000's schools like Minneapolis North and Patrick Henry used to pump out D1 recruits. Now most of the best players are coming from the suburbs. The last time a Minneapolis public school had a D1 recruit was 2009. Though there are quite a few Minneapolis kids coming out of private schools or suburbs.

How many of those private school kids are inter-city kids on "scholarship?"

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
How many of those private school kids are inter-city kids on "scholarship?"
Well there's really only one private school that's worth a shit and it's right in downtown Minneapolis, so there are a good number of kids there that are probably on scholarship that don't play basketball.

goblue96

I only ask because the private schools around me recruit heavily in all sports. JV basketball teams are 11 white kids and a token. The varsity teams are all kids that should be playing for Albany, Schenectady or Troy HS but somehow got a "scholarship" to go to private school.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Evidently Paul George's leg just broke in half during the USA Showcase. Absolutely awful. Feel terrible for him.

goblue96

Is the World Cup of Basketball reely important enough to warrant a televised scrimmage. Thanks NBA

[insert Iverson practice rant]

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah but that seems so hard to do if they are nba goals. Im not gonna watch it so ill never know

osick87

Community Liaison
Vomit.gif

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Gahhh! That was almost as nasty as Shaun Livingston.

From what I've heard, though, the "good news" is that the injury is almost entirely the bone, which tend to heal up better than if he'd ripped up his knee the way Livingston did.

evil1

From what I've heard, though, the "good news" is that the injury is almost entirely the bone, which tend to heal up better than if he'd ripped up his knee the way Livingston did.

This. Despite horrific angle his leg took, it appears that it was a clean break and that there was no ligament or tendon damage.

goblue96

Don't worry, everyone. NBA know-it-all, Jonah Hill, is making sure that there won't be a return to the Thomas and Mack Center.

In the words of Iceman, "When you go up there, you're unsafe."

"This is the stanchion where Paul George got his foot stuck. This is closer than the normal NBA regulation should be. I have to admit: I don't know what the actual definitions are, but I know from just eyeballing it that it may be a foot or two closer to the baseline than you'd normally have at an NBA arena. We'll obviously hear from Paul down the line, but [he didn't think] he'd have to worry about landing on the basket stanchion because he wouldn't have had to worry about it. He's landed many, many times without worrying about it. That's one of the issues with this arena. It's why the NBA won't have a team back here and it's why they haven't' brought the All-Star game back here. Even if they wanted to take the stanchion back even further, the stanchion as is is almost in the tunnel."

zoltan

that shit was crazy and of course everyone on my social media spammed my TL with slo mo vids and stills of the damn thing.

prayers up i hope he heals quick and rebounds from it.

Brick

Paul George reaction is one of the roots of our current intellectual stalemate.

what a tragedy. he just loves the game so much. gonna kill him to sit out. he'd play for free instead of sit out and make millions.

coach k is the ultimate lizard mang. "I don't think it's appropriate to talk about the game out of respect for George".

he really needs our thoughts and prayers guys.

die

goblue96

You know we never about coach k's recruiting....I mean.....back problems anymore. Being a lizard pays off.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
I actually think he is doing the correct thing, taking some extra weight off those knees as he moves on in his career should help him play longer.