• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup- Semifinal thread

Chase

YAS

BsDWt4mIIAINwf9.jpg

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Paulinho got that Bradley touch

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ol' googley eyes has been worthless.

He had some decent passes, but he also suffered from the fact that his teammates overshot him a lot, which is not really their fault as much as it is his for being so damn slow

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Well, I'm glad I saw the score by accident. Now I won't waste time watching the whole game. Just skip to the German goals.

Brazil was a one-man team. We said from the beginning that this was a weak Brazil team. As a fan, my hope was that they might be able to pull some magic playing at home. But I also knew they were due to lose sometime at home. Even with Neymar, I think they would have lost.

Brazil has never won Olympic gold in soccer. This loss will cause some changes. Despite winning the Confederations Cup last year, they definitely need to change something if they are going to win gold in 2016. I hope they can do it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well, I'm glad I saw the score by accident. Now I won't waste time watching the whole game. Just skip to the German goals.

Brazil was a one-man team. We said from the beginning that this was a weak Brazil team. As a fan, my hope was that they might be able to pull some magic playing at home. But I also knew they were due to lose sometime at home. Even with Neymar, I think they would have lost.

Brazil has never won Olympic gold in soccer. This loss will cause some changes. Despite winning the Confederations Cup last year, they definitely need to change something if they are going to win gold in 2016. I hope they can do it.

Brazil was a one man team alright, and the one man was Thiago Silva.

Milo

Brazil hasn't been "Brazil" since 1982. Jogo Bonito is dead.

The potential downside of over-emphasizing physicality over technical skills. Obviously the upside is players like Ronaldo(Brazilian) that are almost the perfect combination of both.

Tim Vickery rails against this every chance he gets on World Football Phone-In. Remembered he despised Dunga's tactics in 2010 and Gilberto Silva and Felipe Melo as their midfield pairing.

Not trying to spark THAT conversation again, just interesting how their emphasizing of the former has shown to be highly successful at times and disasters in other moments.

PS - I just trolled the hell out of myself.

Chase

Good to see the Sportscenter anchor crowbar Lejaun & the Heat twice in the opening minute of their World Cup highlights

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Brazil hasn't been "Brazil" since 1982. Jogo Bonito is dead.

1983 - Copa America Runner Up
1984 - Olympic Silver Medalists
1987 - Pan Am Champs
1988 - Olympic Silver Medalists
1989 - Copa America Runner Champ
1991 - Copa America Runner Up
1994 - World Cup Champs
1995 - Copa America Runner Up
1996 - CONCACAF Runner Up
1997 - Confederations Cup Champs
1997 - Copa America Runner Champs
1998 - World Cup Runner Up
1999 - Confederations Cup Runner Up
1999 - Copa America Champs
2002 - World Cup Champs
2003 - CONCACAF Runner Up
2003 - Pan Am Runner Up
2004 - Copa America Runner Champs
2005 - Confederations Cup Champs
2007 - Copa America Runner Champs
2009 - Confederations Cup Champs
2012 - Olympic Silver Medalists
2013 - Confederations Cup Champs

With results like that, "not (being) Brazil" doesn't look all that bad. They'll be fine.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
1983 - Copa America Runner Up
1984 - Olympic Silver Medalists
1987 - Pan Am Champs
1988 - Olympic Silver Medalists
1989 - Copa America Runner Champ
1991 - Copa America Runner Up
1994 - World Cup Champs
1995 - Copa America Runner Up
1996 - CONCACAF Runner Up
1997 - Confederations Cup Champs
1997 - Copa America Runner Champs
1998 - World Cup Runner Up
1999 - Confederations Cup Runner Up
1999 - Copa America Champs
2002 - World Cup Champs
2003 - CONCACAF Runner Up
2003 - Pan Am Runner Up
2004 - Copa America Runner Champs
2005 - Confederations Cup Champs
2007 - Copa America Runner Champs
2009 - Confederations Cup Champs
2012 - Olympic Silver Medalists
2013 - Confederations Cup Champs

With results like that, "not (being) Brazil" doesn't look all that bad. They'll be fine.

I don't think you are following me here.