• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Wendell Gee's Moscow Mules

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Just remembered you have my favorite A team logo.

xc28diI.png

Need to get those back up again. Your AA team had this one

0vChFZN.png

Idk what happened to the swords logo, but that nickname is bad anyway

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Moscow Mules Week 1. Cuts you up.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBuo5nUwlow

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Pretty much all of ST. Go back and look at the league newspaper for 3/17. I was throwing a flat 5M each for 2 years at him at the time. Not sure if I upped that or let it ride.

I offered him the middle of ST, so I probably caught him at 5.5 to out bid you. That's weird he didn't take your two year deal though, maybe he is going to retire. I didn't think I was going to get him, especially after ST passed and he didn't sign.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Well I'm frankly relieved I didn't get him. I didn't handle the 25 man trimdown very well and I would have had to throw another body under the train to bring him on. I just had to to a dOUble take when I saw you got him for a smidge over (if that - can't remember if I upped him a bit).

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I honestly forgot about him, makes brown play LF so he could end his career early

osick87

Community Liaison
Wins aren't everything Wendell. I'd argue that Nakamura is having just as good of a season as Kasib.

I also noticed that Naka was giving up a lot of late game HRs in the early sims so he's been on a 100 pitch count since May

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Wins aren't everything Wendell. I'd argue that Nakamura is having just as good of a season as Kasib.

I also noticed that Naka was giving up a lot of late game HRs in the early sims so he's been on a 100 pitch count since May

Popeye is having a great year, no argument. I'd love to have that guy in my rotation. But with other numbers comparable, it is hard to argue with success unless the case is overwhelmingly compelling.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Here's my look at the three-way trade between Amsterdam, Helsingborg, and Buenos Aires.

Edit. Doing another take.

osick87

Community Liaison
Spoiler for the old version:

Figured Jihad trade made sense.

Looked at the Campbell- Rat trade separately and figured it was a Now vs future type deal

Did not like my return in the Naka trade.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, the trades were more Soto/Tomas/3rds for Rat and Campbell for Jihad from my perspective. I'd never trade rat for campbell straight up :laughing:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It's hard to analyze because it's 3 teams, but Rat basically went to osick and he flipped him for Soto and Thomas.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
After watching, it's hard to see the big picture looking at it the way you did (broken up trades). I also don't put draft picks in the game anymore, I do them all on draft day now.

The only way I could get Ibra was to give Borg Campbell @Wendell Gee. It was technically Campbell for Rat, but it was really Campbell for Ibra.

I trade Campbell to BA for Ibra. BA trades Campbell to Helsingborg for Mouton/Rat. BA trades me Rat for Soto/Tomas.

osick87

Community Liaison
It's easier if you look at it through who gave up and got what

To simplify the trade

Amsterdam
Rat Sanchez
Ibrahim bin Jihad

Helsingborg
Tanyu Nakamura
Zach Campbell

Buenos Aires
Didier Mouton
Nail Bin Kadin
Bahador Atil
Luis Barajas
Tomas Gonzalez
Fernando Soto
Amsterdam 3rd Rounders
Key West's 1st

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah but even then you don't really see the mechanics. Like I said above the way Campbell got to Helga wasn't through Rat. It was

Campbell to BA for Ibra
Campbell to Helga for Mouton/Rat

So I have Ibra there, but I trade Soto/Tomas/3rds for Rat. Thus I end with Ibra/Rat.

Soto/Tomas/3rds is arguably too much for Rat, but I had to do that little trade to get the larger trade to pan out.

osick87

Community Liaison
This is what I told OU and Orlando.

"What would you give up for Naka and LR/ Rat and Jihad? That's what I get."

Sorry for highjacking the thread Wendell. I can go through our trade package progressions if you would like.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
My scout also sees Rat and LR as equals, but trust my scout I do not these days.

Lloyd Carr

I can't blame OU for getting the Sanchez/Ramirez bit wrong. I constantly have to double check the last names for some of these guys. Is it Sanchez? Ramirez? Gonzales?

I can't keep them straight.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Woo rough few weeks. After flirting with second place, Mules are in freefall and about to get passed by Seoul. Attendance down 20% after trading away Padilla. Wendell joining Lloyd on the hot seat.