• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Wendell Gee's Moscow Mules

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
It is quiet day in Moscow. Snow is falling. Of course. It is November.

The owner of the Moscow Mules Baseball Club meets me at the door.

"Greetings, comrade. I trust apartment in Korolyov meets your satisfaction."

"Thanks. Yeah, it's fine. Where are the books?"

"Books? You wish to read? I thought perhaps we will meet the team? Have some borscht? It is my weakness. Despite Ukrainian origin."

"I want to study team finances."

Christ. I'm already losing my pronouns. What next?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
2562405-6086807432-Happe.gif

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
"Ah. Finances. Of course." Mr. bin Aliyy gestures me to a chair. His Slavic frame belies his Arabic name. A midlife convert? He returns my gaze. "Pedro has told me of your great concern with money. Do not worry. Siberian oil flows freely into our city." He leaned in. "Gonzo was good friend. And business... associate. You know of the manner of his death?"

I did not. The bottle does that to you. Whole swaths of time, gone. Until one day you're watching a ballgame in a dim bar and you get a phone call. A week later, you're in Moscow. Sober.

"Accident in podvodnaya lodka. What you call submarine. @Pedro hated the sea. He told me, 'Karoly, one day I will die by water.' I did not believe him. Tsk."

"What was he doing in a submarine?"

"Who knows? Searching for new markets, I am sure. It was a small vessel. Perhaps in a wrong place at a wrong time. Mr. Gee, do not worry about my money. That is my concern. Your concern is to bring happiness to Moscow. And perhaps one day I am mayor of Moscow. Perhaps I have million followers on Twitter, like @Pedro. May God rest his soul."

"OK. Well let's meet the team then."

"Excellent! Tonight we eat like peasants. Tomorrow, we have the keys to the city!"

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
2042-43 Offseason in Moscow

Dobraye ootro. Good morning.

Winter is a busy time here in Russia. We say that the work falls upon us like the snow, which is to say most of the time light and easy, sometime very fast and difficult to see through. So to work. First the easy, then the difficult.

First order of business: consolidate rosters, especially pitching. Pitchers Abbott, Mason, Asad, Ku, and Sasaki were extended. Mason signed a very reasonable 5M/5 year contract. Ku and Sasaki were overpaid to give me time to evaluate the team and talent. We also extended outfielder Custance to 5M/4y.

Then we let some players go. Pitchers Hoetker, Samman, Wagterveld, Jamal, Watson, Kartodirdjo, Davis, and Martinez. The big contract of LF Bat-Tuy Tra expired and he left the team quietly, taking a taxi to Domodedovo Moscow Airport in darkness.

I have contacted my colleagues to investigate potential trade opportunities. I have made some offers for free agents.

What I seek most is a starting pitcher for our rotation. Perhaps two.

That is all for today. Da svidanya.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Back in August 2042 I was looking around the league and trying to figure out some trades and such. This is me just rambling and talking without understanding the league very well at the time.

osick87

Community Liaison
For the Hernandez trade, He was signed to a 1 yr deal and at the time I was low in the standings. I traded a rental for a salary dump, a decent 3rd baseman prospect with great defense and I think a draft pick.

The Weaver trade: It was pretty much for the reasons you said. I picked up a nice Utility guy who played really good D at first. Prior to this my 1B was not very good. I liken Weaver to JT Snow. I gave up Joe Kirk because he would have been blocked by Bert and Cabfare.

Colomo: He was the league leader in Ks 2 years prior and was top 5 last year. I was hoping for Yankee's sake that he'd bounce back. I got another 3rd baseman prospect (Trying to throw them against the wall and see what sticks), a Utility type IF who might be able to play a bit, a young starter who I'm hoping can develop that control more and Millen who was a established pitcher.

The trade with doh was for a groundball pitcher that I thought could thrive in my park. Doh told me that he gave up home runs every so often which isn't a big deal in my huge park.

Basically last trade deadline I didn't think I was going to make playoffs so I got rid of Colomo to free cap space, had no future use for Hernandez and picked up a cheap guy. My end goal was to increase team defence and add some organizational depth.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Love these videos. Will be so much better once you are more involved in the league.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Love Wendell in deep on wine, making offers to relievers. "would you take eight hundred, no, seven hundred?"

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Those first two videos was just me thinking out loud, doing a mic check in case I joined the league, and now I go back and listen and hear myself all on Yankee's case. And I feel bad, man. Sorry bro. It was your encouragement that got me rolling on this.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Those first two videos was just me thinking out loud, doing a mic check in case I joined the league, and now I go back and listen and hear myself all on Yankee's case. And I feel bad, man. Sorry bro. It was your encouragement that got me rolling on this.
You dont trade someone like RAT! I loved it, if you dont think a trade makes sense say so

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He was missing some context too. Yankee has wanted Bernal for a long time. Yankee is trying to compete. He didn't know there were two wildcard spots. It was still funny.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He was missing some context too. Yankee has wanted Bernal for a long time. Yankee is trying to compete. He didn't know there were two wildcard spots. It was still funny.
Lol he was 25 back from third too

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
It wasn't just for last season. Same with your trade. Rat is no where near the prospect Last Resort is. Yankee had prospect depth to give up for WBL talent. His team is pretty solid now. The worst part of all those trades is Sally.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Just wanted to mention that I have early morning classes this semester. Which means I will normally shut things down by 10pm and probably be back online midafternoons most days. So 3pm - 10pm is probably my normal OOTP window this semester.

Really glad to be back. This is fun.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Good thing Cesar Marrero didn't sell his dacha.

I was laughing when I saw his history. Moscow wouldn't give him the money he wanted, so he jumped to FA. False Bay paid him well, and now he returns in riches and largesse to his dacha outside Moscow. Is all business.

PLAYER HISTORY
07/10/2033 Was selected to the 2033 Worldtopia Baseball League All-Star Game.
07/09/2034 Was selected to the 2034 Worldtopia Baseball League All-Star Game.
10/16/2034 Signed a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $8,000,000 with the Istanbul Ottomans organization.
01/23/2035 Became a free agent.
12/13/2035 Signed a 6-year contract worth a total of $88,000,000 with the Moscow Mules organization.
07/13/2036 Was selected to the 2036 Worldtopia Baseball League All-Star Game.
07/12/2037 Was selected to the 2037 Worldtopia Baseball League All-Star Game.
07/11/2038 Was selected to the 2038 Worldtopia Baseball League All-Star Game.
11/15/2038 Wins the 2038 WBL NL Outstanding Pitching Wizard.
07/10/2039 Was selected to the 2039 Worldtopia Baseball League All-Star Game.
07/08/2040 Was selected to the 2040 Worldtopia Baseball League All-Star Game.
07/07/2041 Was selected to the 2041 Worldtopia Baseball League All-Star Game.
11/21/2041 Became a free agent.
02/20/2042 Signed a 3-year contract worth a total of $45,770,000 with the False Bay Flying Whites organization.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I have a hard time keeping track of draft picks involved in trades. I'll revisit the trade soon. :)
See if you can figure out my reasoning to justify it given my situation. I wish that trade was the one that called for, i could have wrote a thesis on why i did that one